“Great location to everywhere within Sydney CBD”
Review of The Westin Sydney

The Westin Sydney
Ranked #35 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The location is just close to nearly everything you would like to visit in Sydney CBD: Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, QVB, etc. The hotel itself is exquisite, love the ambience. The staff were attentive and friendly. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Caridee_Huang

We are pleased to read your review following your recent visit at The Westin Sydney. We are delighted you were comfortable in our care and you could take advantage of our central location. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney.

Mark Burns

Write a ReviewReviews (3,358)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I loved the location as I love shopping.The Strand Arcade,the Pitt Street Mall,Westfield and David Jones were all a short stroll away.Westin hotels seem to place great importance on excellent service.Reception,Room Service and Concierge were all polite,friendly and very efficient.Housekeeping was also very,very good and my room was cleaned early in the day. I have moved now to a good hotel in Bondi but the emphasis on staff training is not so evident here as it is at the Westin. I would suggest paying extra for a Deluxe room above the 6 th floor overlooking Martin Place.My room on the 5th looked out on an Atrium and was a little gloomy.I will stay here again as the Westin is my Sydney No 1 Hotel but I might have less Room Service and choose a deluxe room on a higher floor.An extra plus for this hotel is that they serve good coffee even for Room Service.

Room Tip: Floors 7 upwards looking out on Martin Place.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear JackieFremantle

Thank you very much for sharing your review following your enjoyable experience at The Westin Sydney. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here recently. Amazing hotel very central at no 1 Pitt St Sydney. Staff so helpful and so so friendly. It is a large busy hotel.Well frequented by the locals because it has bar in the foyer and also bar/food downstairs too. Food/drinks at these places are great. We stayed in room 1605 in the tower and had a view of Pitt St and the clock…the clock steps chiming at 9pm.
Visited the usual tourist spots….Harbour Bridge,Opera House,Revolving restaurant in Sydney Tower. This restaurant is quite expensive but worth it for the experience. Cost us $389 for 3…..we had mains and dessert.You have a choice of 2 courses for $75 or 3 courses for $99 or 6 courses.Food was delicious. Shopping in Sydney fabulous….not only one store or one shopping mall but they are everywhere you go! George St was brilliant as was Westfield Shopping Centre near Sydney Tower. You can walk everywhere from the Westin to Darling Harbour, The Rocks ,The Opera HOuse etc. Amazing bars all over and lots coffee shops/cafes too. Went to Lindt Cafe and had most amazing Hot Choc …a must do!! Caught the train to Bondi so easy and only $15 each! Got a ferry to Many which is great to go to as well and you can get great pics of Bridge and Opera house on the ferry. Best holiday and enjoyed Sydney so much , haven't been for a few years and they have updated it and that is why it is such a pleasant city to visit. 10/10 for The Westin and it was very reasonably priced too!! Oh and they have these beds called "Heavenly Beds" omg they are heavenly they are so comfortable and you just snuggle in them !!

Room Tip: Tower room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank braney

Dear braney

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent experience at The Westin Sydney. We are delighted you could take advantage of your central location and take comfort in our signature Westin Heavenly Beds® . We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I went to Sydney for work and mind you I was 6 almost 7 months pregnant. The hotel was superb not only the customer service was awesome, but everything from lounge/restaurant/room/breakfast buffet etc was fantastic. Room was spacious, so very clean and just very nice.

I was able to just walk down the road to our Sydney office and everything was in walking distance. Even to the harbor which I would go to get fish and chips. :) Definitely an awesome hotel to look into if heading to downtown Sydney!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Militants

We are thrilled to read your comments following your recent visit at The Westin Sydney. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Arrived a bit early on a Sunday and they did their best to get me in to a room despite being full on Saturday night. Rooms are beautiful and housekeeping came early to do the room. Room service was quick and my order was accurate and well prepared. All the staff I encountered were friendly and very helpful. There was also the restaurant Intermezzo located off the lobby. I stopped in for a quick lunch and the food was amazing. The service was impeccable. I highly recommend it and wished I had been able to stop in for dinner.

Room Tip: High floors offer better city views.

Dear Kerioke

We are pleased to read your review following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney and delighted we could assist in making your stay with us comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

It is a while since I stayed at Westin Sydney but it continues to stand as one of my three favourite hotels in Sydney town.

The positives:

- superb central city location;
- great character within the old GPO building (this really sets the Westin apart);
- very smart and spacious throughout;
- large rooms and bathrooms;
- very comfortable beds;
- very quiet inside the rooms;
- excellent service.

The rooms have a good sized safe for storage of valuables.

On this occasion I had breakfast at Mosaics within the hotel and the range and quality is excellent - albeit pricey at $42 per head.

My only quibble - for a hotel of this standard it would be good if there was a bigger quantity and range of tea bags in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear JeremyC-99

Thank you for posting your comments and sharing your experience, we are delighted you had an enjoyable stay at The Westin Sydney. Thank you for your observations regarding our refreshment centre tea selection, we will certainly take your comments to account when we next review our service offering. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This has to be the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I was lucky enough to to partake in this luxury care of the company for whom I work. Only had one night but I will take whatever I can get. Outstanding service from the moment you enter the lobby. Had a lovely room with the best bed and pillows imaginable. What is with hotels that have quality accommodation and then have appalling pillows. The Westin hotel pillows were feather and plenty of them. At the end of a long journey the bed and pillows either make or break a place in my opinion.

Beautiful bathroom - separate shower room and toilet with excellent toiletries. Breakfast was overpriced but served with style on a specially set up table. Can't fault the place and of course it is in the heart of Sydney. This is the highest rating I have given to any place I have stayed - go there immediately and enjoy!

Room Tip: No nothing about the rooms on offer but no outside noise was discernible

Dear Judith D

We are very much appreciative of your review and thrilled to be your favourite hotel in Sydney. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Sydney again soon.