“Handy, reasonable and friendly”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #99 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
auckland
“Handy, reasonable and friendly”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Had 2 nights at the Wentworth st travelodge with hubby. It's a basic hotel but Nice and handy (10 min walk to town) room clean and quite spacious given price. Really quick service when we rang to say hair dryer not working (actually it was I had just not pushed right button...). Fan not working in bathroom so not ideal but we didn't report. Reception friendly. We ate at nearby 2 Good Eggs for brekkie both mornings which was charming.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Heidi278, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be a handy location to explore Sydney.
I was also delighted to also to read that you found our reception team to be friendly and was quick to assist with the hair dryer, also that you found the room to be clean and spacious.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Sydney sometime in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
KL, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed in a 3 single bed room on the 6th floor in June for 3 nights. Room had a kitchenette
There's a city convenience store across the street in a corner. Or, a full sized Coles on Goulburn Street 3 blocks away.
Darling Harbour is 20 mins walk away on the same direction as Coles on Goulbourn, China town on Sussex Street 10-15 mins walk away.
Pitt Street mall : 20 mins, Circular quay: 30 mins walk. There is a free CBD bus route along George St or Elizabeth street to circular quay. buss 555.
The rooms were clean enough. The beds were made daily, but sheets not changed although towels were.
Provisions in toilet: 3 bath towels, 1 face towel, 1 floor mat, 2 soap bars, shampoo and conditioner.
Provision in kitchenette, 3 sets of cutlery, plates, bowls, cups, glass, dish washing liquid, tea towels, microwave, mini fridge

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank NG-Y-MY
Dear Valued Guest,

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be the perfect location to explore Sydney.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

- interior quite old and room slightly filthy
- even though requested otherwise, no queen size bed available but 2 wobbly single beds on wheels- we've slept better in cheap YHAs before
- TV disfunctional and only replaced after 2 days and

In conclusion: rates way too high for what you get- we didn't feel comfortable at all!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank littlepenguin123
Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not the positive experience that I hope our guests have.
I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

NSW
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed here the night before a half marathon in the city - it was very close to the start line and extremely well priced, which were my only requirements on this occasion.

It was a lovely surprise to arrive and find very friendly staff and a nice hotel - I've certainly stayed in some awful places whilst traveling to races and this wasn't one of them. The room was nothing to write home about, but it was pleasant and the kitchenette was a great bonus.

The bed was hard, but we managed to sleep well enough. Air-con worked well.

After the race we returned to the hotel for breakfast as we had a buy one get one free deal included with our booking. Buffet breakfast was nice, not extravagant but much better than a boring continental. I turned up in my post-race gear and staff didn't bat an eyelid. Much appreciated!

Parking isn't part of the hotel, but is very nearby. No problem at all to get to whilst carrying bags.

It's not for a special night away, but if I had to come to the city for a race, event or a function and needed somewhere simple to stay I'd book here in a heartbeat - especially for the excellent rate we got.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank stay_far_away
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be the perfect location for the half marathon. I was also delighted to read that you found the team to be very friendly during your stay.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Hotel situated in CBD very close to Hyde Park with easy access to Sydney Opera either by walking (30 min) or by bus from the Museum Station. Hotel room was clean and the staff is very pleasant and helpful. The bathroom was small and the shower was rudimentary. The hotel does not have wi-fi and if you need internet access you will need to use the computers in the lobby. You also can take the bus to Bondi Beach from the Museum station (eg. 333). Buy bus tickets at a convenience store (7 Eleven is very close on Elisabeth street) since many of the buses are express and the drivers are not selling tickets. I will stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Horea R
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you found the hotel room to be clean and the staff very pleasant and helpful.

Concord, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I have stayed at the Travelodge Sydney several times, usually because of the price. Accommodation in Sydney can be ridiculously expensive at times, but the Travelodge is usually very reasonably priced.

I have found the standard of rooms can vary a bit, and the last room I stayed in was not quite as good as I remember. The bathroom in particular was smaller and dingier than I had remembered, and probably could have done with a good scrub, or even better, a renovation. The beds were comfortable and there was a small couch in the room that is a nice touch that even many expensive hotels lack.

Probably the worst thing about the room was the noisy a/c vent. It sounded as though a ball bearing was bouncing around inside the metal box all night. This in itself would probably be enough to put me off staying here for any considerable amount of time, but as we were only here a few nights I just put up with it and fortunately, was tired enough to sleep for most of the night.

The location is good, being just north of Central Station and close to Hyde Park, Oxford St and an easy stroll to World Square.

I really do like the convenience and affordability of the Travelodge, and it has long been my favourite budget option in Sydney, but I tend to feel that it is deteriorating into just another dodgy hotel at the lower end of the market. I really hope not.

Room Tip: Most room booking options will give you no choice in bedding preference, so don't automatically...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank asia_short_tripper
Heidi278, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney. Thank you for your continued support, I was pleased to read that we have been your favourite budget option in Sydney.

I have noted your comments in regards to the bathrooms and your feedback has been shared with the housekeeping team.
I am sorry to hear that your air conditioner was noisy, from what you described, it sounds like it had a maintenance issue which I’m sure we could have fixed or changed your room so you could enjoy the rest of your stay with us.
Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Boston, MA
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel was a very good value for the price, The location is excellent and the breakfast is good. I especially appreciated the expresso choices in the morning.
The airconditioning worked well but there was some leakage. The response from the hotel staff was excellent.
Overall I would definitely stay here again to explore this amazing city.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LBucci
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be in a good location and that you enjoyed the breakfast we offer.
I am sorry to hear that the air conditioning was leaking; however I am pleased that you found the response from the team excellent.