“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #97 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Sawtell
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Clean room and comfortable bed. Television a bit out - dated. Would appreciate a top sheet in future. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is a great central location and the rooms are very comfortable. The very helpful staff were willing to assist and the clean rooms were a pleasure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review after your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I am delighted that you found the rooms to be clean and the bed comfortable, along with the team being helpful and willing to assist during your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gold Coast
Reviewed 31 August 2014

For a hotel that apparently "prides itself on its cleanliness" it sure doesn't show. 1st room had pieces of metal from renos on the bathroom floor and a disgustingly dirty floor that they said was just stained however we wet a tissue and cleaned it up straight away. I don't pay money to clean my own hotel room upon check in. Housekeeping supervisor came in who was incompetent and pretty much told us that the room was only dirty because of renos and sent 1 man in to poorly vacuum the room and a woman to clean the bathroom floor with a cloth (they mustn't know about a thing called a mop in this hotel). Needless to say the bathroom floor was still disgusting and I didn't even want to step foot in there without shoes on. After requesting a manager they moved us to a different room and 1 hour after check in we were in room number 2 which was just as dirty. The bathroom floor was as disgusting as room 1 making me think even more about them not knowing about mops but worst of all was the huge build up of mould growing in the A/C vents that was clearly visible from anywhere in the room. As an asthmatic I knew I would be in for a bad night. You would think before moving us they would make sure the 2nd room was up to scratch but clearly they don't pride themselves in cleanliness as 2 of the staff members told me. We quickly realised that is wasn't worth complaining again just to be moved to another dirty room. I'm glad I was only staying for 1 night because I would've demanded a refund and found a different hotel to stay in. I'm not hard to please with accommodation...I don't expect fancy furnishings or mini bars or even huge rooms but one thing I do expect when you pay a lot of money for a room is cleanliness. I think they need to take my $160 and buy some mops and buckets for housekeeping and train them on how to properly clean a room. I have posted photos on here to show just what I am talking about. Save your money and stay somewhere else...unless you don't mind living in filth.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Stacey Q
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I am sorry to read that you did not have the positive experience that I hope all of our guests have.
Please accept my sincere apology that the cleanliness of your room was not up to the standard we strive to achieve. As you can see from reading other reviews, we normally do get good feedback about the cleaning standard of our rooms; however I am extremely sorry we let you down on this occasion.
I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to me, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Blakeview
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Excellent central location to all attractions as well as transport particularly train station for out of CBD conference. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Would recommend to others as a great base at good price for either business or recreational travel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be a great base for your needs while in Sydney.
I am also delighted that you found the team to be very pleasant and helpful during your stay, I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.
Thank you again for your feedback, and for recommending Travelodge Sydney. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This property is a great option for business or leisure travellers looking for a central Sydney hotel, handy for shopping, culture or work in the city. Comfortable clean rooms, pleasant service and excellent value. Will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to be a great option for exploring Sydney and that you thought the rooms were clean and comfortable, for excellent value.
Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.
Port Macquarie
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My wife & I stayed in the Wentworth Street location. We were greeted by friendly & helpful staff at every contact during our 2 day stay. The room was clean & the king size bed comfortable. There was a microwave & kettle available withe tea & coffee provided as was an iron & ironing board.
The buffet breakfast was superb & great value - something for everyone. The coffee - delicious.
As for location - fantastic. Short walk to the CBD & Chinatown. Museum Station was 5 minutes away. Shuttle bus to & from the airport can be booked at reception.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Ian C G
Dear Valued Guest,
I am delighted that you found the team to be friendly and helpful during your stay, I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.
I am also pleased that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed the facilities the rooms have to offer, along with enjoying the location of the hotel for exploring Sydney.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I was a little hesitant about staying in the Travelodge about hearing some poor reviews but ended up having a perfectly smooth experience.

My room was on the second floor and it was bigger than I expected. It was clean, simple and had everything I needed. Bed was incredibly hard so I didn't sleep that well but that wasn't a big deal.

I was facing the street and right near a street light however I didn't find it noisy and the thick curtains closed completely to block out all light at night.

I paid less than $200 for two nights and that was excellent value considering the central location and basic comforts of the hotel. I would definitely stay again for a business trip.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TBs_gone_wild
Dear Valued Guest,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be excellent value with clean and comfortable rooms.
Glen Waverley
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Queen bed in double room better than King as allows more room and room for a sofa and coffee table.
Plenty of eating places nearby. Central and Museum stations very handy as is Hyde Park.
Able to purchase senior travel cards.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms to be comfortable and the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Sydney.