“Footy”

Ranked #97 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Yarraville
“Footy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Came up for Richmond V Sydney. Staff at Travelodge were extremely helpful with all our questions and provided a great deal of help throughout our stay. I would only suggest a separate area at Reception for questions, so bookings do not take up all the time of all the staff. Cheers

Cheers

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review after your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I hope the team you were supporting had a win, and if not, I hope you enjoyed the game anyway!
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the team, I am delighted that you found them to be extremely helpful during your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
West Hobart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Close to city, Harbourside and Circular Quay. Taxis are cheap and reliable,and train station close by. Hyde Park just up the road and city within walking distance. Staff able to give very good directions.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Doreen C
Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel to be in a great location for getting around Sydney.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Neat clean room with plenty of space. Great location. Our TV wasn't working so called reception and a technician showed up 5 minutes later. Only problem we had with this hotel is that the wifi is only available in the lobby not in the rooms.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kymmiee
Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased that you were pleasantly surprised and found the hotel rooms to be clean with plenty of space, along with the hotel being in a great location.
Thank you also for your feedback in regards to the wifi, this is something that we are currently looking into companywide.
Sawtell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Clean room and comfortable bed. Television a bit out - dated. Would appreciate a top sheet in future. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is a great central location and the rooms are very comfortable. The very helpful staff were willing to assist and the clean rooms were a pleasure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,
I am delighted that you found the rooms to be clean and the bed comfortable, along with the team being helpful and willing to assist during your stay.
Gold Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

For a hotel that apparently "prides itself on its cleanliness" it sure doesn't show. 1st room had pieces of metal from renos on the bathroom floor and a disgustingly dirty floor that they said was just stained however we wet a tissue and cleaned it up straight away. I don't pay money to clean my own hotel room upon check in. Housekeeping supervisor came in who was incompetent and pretty much told us that the room was only dirty because of renos and sent 1 man in to poorly vacuum the room and a woman to clean the bathroom floor with a cloth (they mustn't know about a thing called a mop in this hotel). Needless to say the bathroom floor was still disgusting and I didn't even want to step foot in there without shoes on. After requesting a manager they moved us to a different room and 1 hour after check in we were in room number 2 which was just as dirty. The bathroom floor was as disgusting as room 1 making me think even more about them not knowing about mops but worst of all was the huge build up of mould growing in the A/C vents that was clearly visible from anywhere in the room. As an asthmatic I knew I would be in for a bad night. You would think before moving us they would make sure the 2nd room was up to scratch but clearly they don't pride themselves in cleanliness as 2 of the staff members told me. We quickly realised that is wasn't worth complaining again just to be moved to another dirty room. I'm glad I was only staying for 1 night because I would've demanded a refund and found a different hotel to stay in. I'm not hard to please with accommodation...I don't expect fancy furnishings or mini bars or even huge rooms but one thing I do expect when you pay a lot of money for a room is cleanliness. I think they need to take my $160 and buy some mops and buckets for housekeeping and train them on how to properly clean a room. I have posted photos on here to show just what I am talking about. Save your money and stay somewhere else...unless you don't mind living in filth.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Stacey Q
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I am sorry to read that you did not have the positive experience that I hope all of our guests have.
Please accept my sincere apology that the cleanliness of your room was not up to the standard we strive to achieve. As you can see from reading other reviews, we normally do get good feedback about the cleaning standard of our rooms; however I am extremely sorry we let you down on this occasion.
I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to me, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Blakeview
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Excellent central location to all attractions as well as transport particularly train station for out of CBD conference. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Would recommend to others as a great base at good price for either business or recreational travel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be a great base for your needs while in Sydney.
I am also delighted that you found the team to be very pleasant and helpful during your stay, I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.
Thank you again for your feedback, and for recommending Travelodge Sydney. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

This property is a great option for business or leisure travellers looking for a central Sydney hotel, handy for shopping, culture or work in the city. Comfortable clean rooms, pleasant service and excellent value. Will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to be a great option for exploring Sydney and that you thought the rooms were clean and comfortable, for excellent value.
Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.