“"The best & finest accommodation in Sydney"”

The York by Swiss-Belhotel
Ranked #48 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“"The best & finest accommodation in Sydney"”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I have stayed at The York by Swiss-Belhotel on numerous occasions. I highly recommend this beautiful establishment. Ideal location....close to the City Building District....close to the Harbour and only 10 minutes walking distance from Darling Harbour. I was sooo impressed by the friendly staff who made me feel most welcome.....very attentative, well mannered, efficient and always smiling. When I first entered the beautiful foyer....the music and the sparkling chandeliers and the friendly porter who greeted me.....made me feel as though I were in a different world. Suddenly the hussle & bustle of crowds outside were just a mere blur. It is soooo peaceful inside from the moment one steps into The York. Sunbaking beside the pool is euphoric bliss. After excercising in the gym...I decided to rest in the spa....which too is such a wonder....all this under the beautiful blue sky....amazing to relax in an Oasis above the 6th floor. It is truly an amazing place to stay at. Not only have I recommended the York by Swiss-Belhotel to all my colleagues, aquaintances, friends & family....I also highly recommend this beautiful establishment to all those for leasure, travel, business. I will be returning....soon. It is truly "Home away from Home". My desire is to become a regular guest at this establishment for all of the above. Sydney is the most beautiful, amazing & exciting city in Australia.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JeanSpajja
, Guest Relations Manager at The York by Swiss-Belhotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I stayed at The York by Swiss-Belhotel on my wedding night and we could not have chosen a better place to stay. The reception staff were very courteous and helpful, giving me a great first impression as soon as we arrived. The porter was very obliging and prompt and attended to our needs straight away. I found that all staff were very friendly and attentive......I've stayed in many hotels and believe that any hotel could certainly learn something from the staff at The York by Swiss-Belhotel as they have service excellence! When we entered our room it smelt lovely and the rooms were very clean. Personally I am very particular about bathroom cleanliness and I was amazed at the high standard at The York. Our balconies had partial harbour views and great views of that part of the city. I have no hesitation in recommending this fine establishment to everyone. I have certainly recommended The York to my family, friends and work colleagues. I will definitely be staying here again and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JenVan_11
, Public Relations Manager at The York by Swiss-Belhotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2011
Newcastle,Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Clean, pleasant and some of the staff are exceptionally good . Fell down this time round with the staff on the desk who were female & Australian born who gave me the impression they had to work sat night & resented it no sincerity there. . As staying previously on a Sunday night the quality of sevice then & next day was excellent. faultless.in fact ( March 2011 ) I think a weekend manager or 2 needs to train up their staff. Also room needed lamp & power points fixed & clean with average tiles in bathroom i say needed thorough clean. 6 TV etc remote controls & all I could view was buy a movie option . Too hard to try really . Good value place. Excellent weekday service.Spa clean & hot but no bubbles.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
, Guest Relations Manager at The York by Swiss-Belhotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
We appreciate the time you took to post your recent comments from your stay at our hotel.

Cleary the evening and housekeeping staff were not performing to our usual standards and for that I sincerely apologise. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our Front Office and Housekeeping Manager. Due to similar comments regarding the remotes, we have recently changed to one user friendly controller.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The York by Swiss-Belhotel.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Staying at the Swiss was an absolute pleasure. The rooms were very comfortable, the staff were fantastic and the bar had a great ambience.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Katiegal
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I stayed here for the weekend with my husband and 2 kids (both under 8) and it was eactly what we were looking for. Lots of space, serviced apartment in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: Always request the deluxe or refurbished rooms!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Boodgen
, Guest Relations Manager at The York by Swiss-Belhotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We stayed here for 2 weeks as part of my relocation package with the company I moved to Sydney with. My partnet and I were given a one bedroom apartment which was very spacious and all furnishings were to a high standard. The bed was large and very comfortable. Lots of wardrobe space and had all the essentials - washing machine, kitchen utensils etc you needed.

The hotel is very centrally located in Sydney - 10 minutes walk to Circular Quay, 2 minutes walk to Wynard Station and 5 minutes walk to Darling Harbour. Close to all the tourist attractions as well as the CBD and transport.

No nice views though - something which is a must in beautiful Sydney.

Would have no qualms about staying here again and would recommend it to the business traveller in Sydney.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank misslcp
, Guest Relations Manager at The York by Swiss-Belhotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2011
Dear Misslcp, Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2011

The hotel was only a short drive away from the Airport and very easy to find. Staff were very friendly and answered all of our queries. We were a family of 5 travelling (3 adults and 2 children) so a trundle bed was put in the lounge room. Trudle bed was surprisingly comfortable. Room was clean and we had glimpses of the Harbour. Large sliding doors opened onto two small balconies which was much nicer than being stuck in air-conditioning. All major attractions are within walking distance - The Rocks; Circular Quay; CBD; Queen Victoria Building; Harbour A bus stop for the double-decker sight seeing bus is just down the road. Only criticism would be the quality of the pillows in the master bedroom but all other family members happy with their bedding.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Cadence05
, Guest Relations Manager at The York by Swiss-Belhotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2011
Dear Cadence05, Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to comment. We look forward to welcoming you back to The York by Swiss-Belhotel.