“Great location”

The York by Swiss-Belhotel
Ranked #51 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We have just stayed here at the start of our month long trip to Australia. I was allocated this hotel as part of a Hotwire deal and got a good price but seeing some of the reviews had me worried. I needn't have been concerned. We had one of the unrenovated apartments and although very dated it was spotlessly clean, fully equipped and had a great comfy bed. We stayed here for 5 nights and found the location to absolutely great. Easy walk to all the Main attractions and the wynyard station for accessing the public transport which we used extensively. The front desk staff were so pleasant and helpful. The only negative is that in this day and age all hotels should be offering free wifi, our connection was excellent from our room but we shouldn't have to be paying $12 a day, however this is still common with a great many hotels. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank terrymh
There are newer reviews for The York by Swiss-Belhotel

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I was here for a night on work and was given a 2 bedroom apartment with a lovely north facing outlook. Super spacious and would be great if you had to be there for a week or two. Full kitchen.

Bed was comfy. Traffic noise was quite noticeable. Not surprising given it overlooks the south end of the harbour bridge but if you are particularly sensitive to noise it might not suit you here. Windows not double glazed.

I had to get some printing done, which was seen to efficiently and at a fair price.

Cleanliness was good: not sparkling but perfectly fine.

The location suited me perfectly. North end of the CBD, close to Wynyard train station and a 5 min walk to Circular Quay.

I will definitely look here as a first option next time I need to stay in this part of town.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Echica1
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Centrally located to Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, The Rocks and the City. It had all amenities, great views of the city from our balcony and very friendly service. We will stay again but will request a room higher up facing the Bridge.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank petama20
TheYorkSydney, Guest Relations Manager at The York by Swiss-Belhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for your review lily_2604.

We have an extremely convenient location, for all sorts of activities this big city has to offer.
We appreciate your time for rating our serviced apartments.

Looking forward to your future stays!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The service at reception was ok, the room was large and had a nice terrace. It was clean and had all the facilities you can expect except for WiFi.
It worked to a certain extent at first floor above the reception, but even though they charge AUD 12/day and 49/week to have it inroom, it does not work.
We can feel sorry that we depend so much to be online all the time, but we do. And hotels should observe that and install up to date routers in every room and public area.
If you do not use WiFi, stay here. If you use WiFi: Don't !!
Great location :-)

Room Tip: Away from elevator doors. As high up as possible.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Lost for words I wanted to extend my absolute gratitude toward the York by Swiss-Bell Hotel for helping make such a special occasion EXTRAORDINARY!

I had celebrated a very close friend's birthday in the city on a Saturday night and as hectic as it is to arrange any occasion in the city the team at the York made it problem free and even better than I could of thought.

A simple frantic call for last minute accommodation and everything was taken care of!!

For an additional cost the front desk and concierge organized a spectacular arrangement of flowers a bottle of French champagne and even the most adorable Swiss-bell International PUPPY mascot!

Once my guest had arrived not only was she treated with outstanding customer service and professionalism was also advised that she had been upgraded to the PENTHOUSE suite!!

Could we have really asked for anything else!?

The room was sensational and the views breathe taking!

Even the general cleanliness of the spacious apartment was impressive absolute no fault could be placed.

The front desk staff had no hesitation to fulfill any reasonable request myself or my guests had throughout unfortunately a very short stay.

Management have no doubt completed and carried out impeccable training to the wonderful team and many other hotels should definitely take note on this.

Staying at this establishment was by far the greatest choice I could have ever made

The level of customer service at the York is absolutely remarkable.

I honestly cannot express my gratitude towards all the staff members for defiantly going above and beyond their job description to ensure that my stay was definitely one that I would not forget!

Once again I would like to say thank you to every single staff member from the point of making the reservation, organizing the extra touches, a very warm and friendly arrival on check in and to the housekeeping for maintaining a spectacular cleanliness of the room

The service from the York by Swiss-Belhotel was maintained right until the genuine farewell at check out

Without a single doubt I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Natasha B
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Having travelled around new zealand, and calling in sydney on the way home we decided to go a bit more up market. We booked The York, and boy didn't we make the right choice. Friendly staff, smashing rooms and facilities. 5 minutes from Circular Quay. The room had a full kitchen and dining area, a washing machine and a tumble drier. Would we go back YES WE WOULD.

One word of warning, the free wifi that is offered on the adverts etc is only available in Reception and parts of the first floor, and is very slow. There is faster available in your rooms, but at a cost of $12 per day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family