“Enjoyed my stay here!”

Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel
Ranked #65 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have enjoyed my stay here in Rydges! The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable! It's location is also very convenient as shopping, food and stations are all within walking distance. I would definitely stay here if I come back to Sdyney!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear limmk612,
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our fantastic location.
I hjope we can welcome you back very soon.

Regards

Ali Ulus

Write a ReviewReviews (2,137)

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I could not fault this hotel at all. The position of this hotel is ideal for both business and leisure visitors. Staff were pleasant, helpful and efficient..Room was quite large and and clean. The hairdryer was faulty but was replaced within minutes of phoning housekeeping

Room Tip: Join Priority Club before booking for discount price and other benefits
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeffnelson
ManagerWorldSquare, General Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Many thanks jeffnelson for your kind review.

I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed Thursday ad Friday night, on entering the room straight away noticed blood stains on the linen, looked like possible old bed bug dots, cleaner come up and was very apologetic and said he would throw the pillow out and change the linen. The shore was pure mould and the stench when the water was turned on was terrible . Pulled the sheets down to go to bed and dust flying from it was extreme, looked like the room hadn't been dusted in ages. Customer service was fine but sorry a dirty room no can't do again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Beodieblake25

This certainly doesn’t sound like our usual standard of service. I must apologies for the issues during your stay with us. I will pass these comments on to the relevant department to ensure we are maintaining our usual standards.

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

The rooms are not good at all.
I paid $200 per night, and all I got was a small room with no windows. The light didn't work.
We didn't feel like staying in the room.
The hotel is an old construction, they have not renovated yet

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Shobhit_arora

Shobhit_arora, are you reviewing the correct hotel? All our guest rooms do have windows.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Very handy for the airport train connection but if leaving on the weekend Museum station is closed and you will be forced to catch a taxi. Rooms are very average. I was only there on a last minute deal but would not choose to stay here again for $200 a night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Museum Station is one of the closest stations to Rydges World Square. The Airport link does operate during the weekend.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I wanted to like this hotel more then I did. It's true, the location is brilliant and the staff professional and attentive. But the lack of any free wifi and the interiors design of the rooms and floors lets the place down, (which is weird cause the lobby is actually quite nice).

Perhaps I've spent too long looking at photos of Starwood's 'W Hotels' or Hyatt's new 'Andaz', but I couldn't help feeling that this place was the Johnny Drama to Meriton's Vincent Chase, (one for all the Entourage fans out there).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
ManagerWorldSquare, General Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Jonathan L, thank you for your kind comments about our staff, it’s wonderful to hear we are maintaining our customer service standards.

There have been continued reviews, comments and customer feedback over several months about the decor of our guestrooms, which we have taken on board and discussed. We are now in the planning stages of undergoing a refurbishment of our guest rooms, commencing next year.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I just spent a week in Sydney after a three-week cruise. We arrived at the hotel early in the day, and waited in the comfortable lobby until our room was available. The front desk staff was very friendly and kind. I was given a coupon for thirty minutes of free wi-fi while we waited :) Our room was ready about ninety minutes prior to scheduled check-in. The bedding was so comfortable there were days it was difficult to get up! The breakfast was plentiful and fresh. The concierge was extremely helpful and accessible.

We chose this hotel for its central location, and we were not disappointed. We walked to many different parts of the city. There is shopping nearby, including groceries, sundries, and restaurants.

The one thing I would wish to change is to add wi-fi into the stated room rate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It certainly sounds like you have enjoyed your stay with us at Rydges World Square. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our Reception and Concierge team.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.