“Great Location”

Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel
Ranked #60 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have returned to this hotel but this time with my 2 children. It is in such a central location for Paddy's Market, Chinatown, Darling Harbour and Central Station. All within walking distance. The staff are awesome especially in the breakfast room. Nothing was any trouble and the kids were treated like kids not like they shouldn't be there. We had a great time again and will certainly be recommending Rydges World Square to whoever I can.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hi Neita,
What a pleasin feedback and above all a great stay for you and the kids. I am pleased that you describe our staff as awesome and that your recommendation to others.
I hope you will become a regular at Rydges World Square with your kids.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We booked the Hotel for 1 night from a Our Deal voucher for a Sunday night stay. Apart from the drama we had upon checking in with the vouchers. Our Deal didn't state that we needed the initial our deal voucher and not the hotel confirmation. Once this was rectified we checked in for a very pleasant night. Location was very good & room was sufficient providing the usual comforts of a 4 star hotel. Although you could get breakfast at the hotel there were plenty of options around the hotel to choose from.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Tracey,
Glad that the minor issues were resolved upon check in and that you a comfortasble stay.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The location was perfect, within walking distance of darling harbour and also Circular Quay. The staff where amazing and happy to help with everything. Had breakfast at the hotel which was one of the best buffet breakfasts I have seen at a hotel.

Dear Sideshowrob04,
Our central location is an added bonus for our guests as it was with you. Pleasing also that our buffet breakfast exceeded your expectation.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Location was handy to meetings I attended. Lots of great eats nearby and only a few blocks from bus or train to my other destinations. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised to find that I'd been upgraded to a 1 b'room suite which was comfortable and quiet even though I was on Pitt St side. The bed was supportive without being hard and the down pillows were welcome. Great bathrooms - I had 2 so my wife had her own bathroom :). Breakfast was enjoyable. All staff were friendly and eager to assist. Happy to stay here in future.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on highest floors & Ask for quiet room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LAR60

Dear Lar60,
Thank you for your feedback, our Rydges Dream Beds are always receive positive feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed the upgrade with an additional bathroom.
We hope to welcome you back again and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at the Rydges for a week in Feb 2014. Great location, with numerous eating choices at your door, and Town Hall station just a 5 minute walk away. Rooms are typically bland business style, but well equipped, comfy bed, fast (paid) internet and good selection of Foxtel TV channels.

Breakfast is pretty good: standard hot selection, but they have a barista making fresh coffees and have an excellent selection of dried fruits, cereals, yoghurts and nuts for a healthy brekky.

The front desk were very friendly and were very helpful when i needed to print & scan a couple of documents.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are at the centre of the hotel - facing a lane so no view but nice & quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hello dbenne22,
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our services especiall our breakfast buffet service and variety on offer.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We normally stay in a couple of blocks from Circular Quay, but in this instance, the hotels were priced to the extreme, so my wife booked the Rydges and we certainly weren't disappointed. Only one block from Museum Station (great to get from/to airport) and a leisurely 15 min walk to the Quay and this hotel is surrounded by better value cafes (for breakie) than you find in the centre of Sydney.Also, the building houses a major supermarket & a large selection of specialty shops, just one minute from hotel. The actual hotel rooms are more than adequate, clean & comfortable. Staff are very friendly & helpful. Only thing is the hotel is a popular venue for gatherings and was hosting a different conference/seminar each day for the three days we were there which filled the foyers with attendees sipping coffee & chatting, but no big deal. We will stay there again..

1  Thank Gary F
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hi Gary,
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback. I am very pleased that you were not disappointed with your recent stay at Rydges World Square. With just about every service available at our doorstep and the Museum Station just accross the road with a direct 10 minute service to Airport it can't get any better.
Hope to welcome you back for another great stay.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The location of this hotel is great: two blocks from Museum station and right in the hearts of the action on Pitt Street. The room was spacious and quiet so a good night's sleep was had.

The cafe outside the hotel (Kafe Kaz) puts on bacon and egg breakfast for $10.95 with a cup of coffee. Checking in and out was a breeze as was storing my bag for the whole day (prompt stowage and retrieval).

My only criticism was the room was not really clean which was surprising. It is never a good look when the carpet has crumbs from the previous guest(s) and there was an apple stalk visibly sitting on the carpet when we moved in. The bathroom had mould and someone's hair in the corner. These are matters that require attention by management, but did not really detract from the positives and for $179 per night for the middle of Sydney, I guess it's not that big a deal.

Room Tip: We were high up (18th floor) so very little street noise.

Hi Episode 10
I would like to sincerely apologise for the issue of cleanliness with your room, I can assure that cour comments will be discussed further in an effort to ensure that we keep our attention to detail to our guest expectation.
I ma pleased to hear that you do enjoy our central location and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Thank you for your feedback.