“Average at best”

Ranked #52 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Wellington, New Zealand
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Quite a dated hotel. Room was reasonably clean but extremely dark even with all the lights on. Room was ready when I arrived early. Location is great, about 5-10min walk to Darling Harbor. Staff at reception was very helpful. TV wasn't working at first and guy on the phone wasn't very nice to deal with although the person who came up to sort out the problem was very polite.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hi Prashil,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues raised in your feedback, I will ensure that your comments are passed on to ensure such issues do not occur again.
I would like to advise that we will begin the reburshment of all our guest rooms very shortly and the fresher new look rooms will also have ample lighting.
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Ali Ulus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Let's start with the good stuff. The staff are professional and very helpful, the hotel location is pretty good (although World Square isn't one of my favourites), the bedding here is very good and the guy downstairs in the bar makes a mean Negroni. Areas that could improve - the rooms, whilst well equipped feel a little dated and stale. And I felt the value for money proposition wasn't great either. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying they are bad, but its a competitive market and other Sydney hotels have more compelling offerings.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hi WhiteKnightDBS,
Great to hear that you enjoy our service and I would like to also reassure you that our rates are very competitive with our competitors.
On another positive, we will be starting the refurbishment of our guest room in the coming months and I am sure that our new look rooms will also meet with your expectation.
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stay here so many times now. The staff would usually put me into my favorite room if available . Quite corner with view. The bed here and Hilton hotel is similar, I always get a good sleep. The gentlemen made coffee is kind, friendly and a very good memory of your cafe. I enjoy breakfast here too.

Room Tip: Ask for corner end room if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear goexplorenow,
I am very pleased to that you enjoy your stay and that we are uour favourite hotel.

Shoalhaven, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

For the price, location and service you cannot beat this hotel. The location for shopping, transport and restaurants cannot be beaten in this price range. Always comfortable beds and well equipped rooms add to the value, plus valet parking.

Room Tip: I have stayed in every room type, and it is important to remember that there is no such thing as a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear travellinallover,
It is great to hear that you enjoy your stay each time at Rydges World Square.

New South Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Have stayed a few times at Rydges World Square. Would recommend especially for a family in their family rooms.
Staff are friendly especially the parking guys who always have a smile.
Overall good value for Sydney given there is valet parking available.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank familytraveller007
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear familytraveller007,
Thank you for your recommendation and it was good to hear that we had once again met your expectation with our consistent high standards.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed for a weekend with my daughter. On check-in, staff noticed that I was travelling with a child and I was immediately offered a family room with two bedrooms at no extra cost. Service was friendly and efficient. Rooms are dated but clean and tidy. Great location and competitively priced compared to similar hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hi DanellaMelbourne,
It is great to hear that our staff member was proactive and offered you a complimentary upgrade to make your stay more comfortable. I would like to advise you that we will be starting refurbishment of all guest rooms shortly and on your next visit I am sure you will also approve and enjoy our new look rooms.

Hotel Manager
Rydges World Square
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at numerous Rydges properties around Australia on business trips, this hotel is the best in the Rydges group I have stayed in thus far.
Food, service excellent and well priced for a CBD hotel. Room was very comfortable and had a separate shower, normally combined with bath. One of the better hotel gyms I have used.
Staying here makes business trips much more bearable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello Paul R,
I would first of all like to thank you for taking the time to give me your positive feedback. Such comments are passed onto our team members to ensure that they are aware that our guests appreciate their efforts in ensuring they have a great stay, so thank you once again for rating us as the best in the group and we look forward to welcoming back again.