I stayed here for 2 nights for a conference in late May 2014. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though a little bit of touching up of scuff marks on the walls and the furniture wouldn't go astray in a Sydney CBD hotel that charges like it does. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and well stocked and I was fortunate to have a small balcony off my room.
Being in the city, you do, unfortunately, experience some noise from adjacent venues, even on a Thursday night. And, there were 1 or 2 noisy neighbours wandering the corridors of the hotel late at night, but that can happen in even the best hotel, so that's not really a Rydges issue. And, it wasn't for long.
The buffet breakfast that was part of the tariff would appeal to most tastes, though the hot selection should actually be hot, rather than the lukewarm that it was on both of the days I went down for breakfast. In saying that, there was plenty of choice.
My biggest gripe is in relation to the parking. There is no dedicated forecourt for this hotel, so if you can't manage to find a parking spot out the front, you need to double park in Pitt Street to unload your car. There is a dedicated Loading Bay outside the front door, but it would only fit 2 cars at most. The parking at $60 per day is pretty steep in my opinion.
The thing that really lifts this hotel are the staff. They were friendly and welcoming without being overbearing, in every part of the hotel - from front desk to wait staff to housekeeping. They were accommodating to requests such as late checkout and were always eager to be of assistance. I particularly liked the fact that the kitchen staff were able to work around my allergy during the morning and afternoon tea breaks and ducked back into the kitchen to bring me a special order treat. For them, it was no trouble, and all done with a smile. Whatever Rydges' procedures are in terms of team training and the way their staff are expected to deal with the public, it works really well.
I'd be happy to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges World Square Sydney is centrally located on the corner of Pitt and Liverpool Streets, within the World Square shopping and business precinct in the CBD. This great contemporary hotel has a fantastic location with easy access to Sydney's major shopping areas, theatres and tourist attractions like Darling Harbour, either by Rail, walking or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Prestigia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges World Square Sydney
- Rydges World Square Hotel Sydney