“Good location thats all.”

Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel
Ranked #62 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great locality in Sydney CBD. Had road works outside room and asked reception about the duration, was informed that they would be ongoing for the duration of my stay( night time to 3 am) no offer of a move to a quiet part of the hotel. Not ideal as I was working in the room to 10.30 every night and conducting course all day in city. Mmmm.... next day housekeeping smashed a bottle of red in my room and didn't bother to report it nor clean it up properly. Another black mark. Took 3 goes to reception to get a move. Had to ask mind you, no offer. Should have been immediate without question in my experience.
However new room in the back of the hotel on the 21st floor no more noise issues. However this should have happened when I first enquired about the noise the previous day.
4 stars, I would give it that on a good day, given my experience with addressing customer needs I give it 3.
Nice location, good bed, mediocre service. Would not be my choice in future. Also vehicle parking cost is outrageous. Cheaper in Tokyo!

Room Tip: Consider another location.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve L
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Steve L
I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectation on your recent visit. A room move away from the noise should have been offered. I have passed on your feedback to the departments concerned to ensure such incidents are avoided in future.
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

Ali Ulus

Write a ReviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

location is quite good in city near Chinatown, etc. but not really near metro. Room is clean with mini bar well stock. WIFI is strong.

The minus point is,
- we check in with 4 person, only provided with 2 towels. Call housekeeping, they need us to call front desk before they give us 2 more towel.
- next day change towels, take away 4 but put back only 2. housekeeping need to improve.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear STS_1234,
Please accept my sincere apology for the issue regarding towel supply. We do have a procedure in place to ensure that extra towels are provided each day to guests with additional persons in room , on this occassion the procedure was not followed and I have followed up with the depoartments concerened to ensure that such an issue does not occur in future.
I would like to also advise that the metro is about a 2 minute walk from our hotel, I am not sure if you were aware of this and opted for either Central or Town Hall stations which are about a 10 minute walk.
Thank you for taking the time to gime me your feedback.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Was recommended by a friend and boy was she right. Just amazing.

Just a short stay due to attending a funeral. But a big thank you to the young gentlemen (Dion) on reception. He went above and beyond more than I thought was great customer service already.

The only negative I have is the coffee in the restaurant was a let down.

Hotel is very central and housekeeping very prompt with our requests and always had a smile.

Thanks again Dion and housekeeping.

Will most definitely recommend to family and friends due to great service.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Thompsson77
I am very pleased to hear that Dion went above and beyond to provide you with outstanding service. Your comments have been passed onto Dion and to rest of our team members.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and I would like to also thank you for your recommendation of Rydges World Square.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Although not a bad check in for me, I observed a so called member of staff racially insult two Asian guests, If that wasnt bad enough, the same member of staff also insulted three other people of Asian background. I figured I would be OK as I was white.... NOPE, this guy had a problem with everyone it seems. I went out for a while and by then the manager and a decent human was behind the counter. I relayed my ideas and opinions and I also asked if I could show the CCTV of what happened. I got platitudes and fobbing off... Luckily I have my own video of the second encounter. DO NOT EVER STAY THERE unless you are of racial purity, Soon to be a complaint of mine to the likes of A Current Affair. Worst hotel ever, got to Sofitel Wentworth, they looked after me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Timborabbit

Dear Timborabbit,
I am very concerned in regards to your feedback. As all of our team members were of asian background on the night in question, their description of events contradicts the feedback you have given me.
I would appreciate if you could contact me at a time convenient to you to discuss this matter further.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Clean reasonably sized room with great mini bar/ Very helpful staff who went out on a limb and sent our bags which they kindly held for us after check out into a cab to be dropped off at the airport as we were running late to check in for our flight after a day of shopping/ We made our flight thanks to the concierge!!
Great location with so many restaurants and the food hall and bars etc so close by. Not to mention the station,
We were on the 20th floor so it was very quiet, We had a great nights sleep! Definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelbugs860

Dear travelbugs860,
I am very pleased to hear of the outstanding service from our team.
Our staff members are always willing to assist our guests in situations that require immediate attention.
I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have had the worst stay at this hotel for the last 3 nights. We were unfortunately for us given a room directly above road construction which went on all night! So we haven't had much sleep and have thankfully been given a new room in a quieter part of the hotel today. Overall feel there is a lack of care going on in this hotel. They could have communicated to us when we checked in regarding the noise and offered us options - this didn't happen! The breakfast is awful where all the hot food looked stewed! Unimpressive hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mimeck

Dear Mimeck,
Please accept my sincere apology for emergency roadworks that were carried out during the nights of your stay. Unfortunately we do not have any control as to when the works can be carried out. Following up on your comments I was able to see that you had brought your concerns to us on yhe 3rd night of your stay and our staff members immediately offered a room re allocation for you and also given you a reimbursement of costs incurred as an apology for the inconvenience caused to you.
I am sorry to hear that you felt that there was a lack of care.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Don't expect to find a grand street entrance as the lobby is one level up. An entry from two street makes up for this.
The lobby was clean but if entering from the secondary dntrance, not particularly well indicated.
Rooms are well presented with a generous bathroom. The staff were pleasant and always acknowledged guests with a greeting.
Each room is individualy climate controlled, however this seems to be a placebo with no noticeable change to the rooms environment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lou B
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Lou B,
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback. You are correct in saying that each room has individual teperature control and should an issue be reported regarding any matter with a room our staff will attend to resolve it asap. I am sorry that there was such an issue with your rooms temperature control and for any inconvenience caused to you.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Yours Sincerely,