“Family Room”

Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel
Ranked #62 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very clean!! Bathroom and linen was excellent. Well catered for. Two separate bedrooms with TV in both. Kids had a great time and loved having their own room. We could relax in other bedroom when it was the children's bedtime. Great service at the front desk, the staff were very helpful and friendly. Excellent locations, walking distance to Darling Harbour. Also shops, cafes right out the front door.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hi Kylie J,
Great to hear you enjoyed the comfort of a family room. As you mentioned it is ideal for travellers with children giving the kids and the parents their own space.
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Ali Ulus

Write a ReviewReviews (2,127)

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Location seems to be the only redeeming feature.

Our group of 9 universally found that the rooms and service were terrible.

Rooms were: dirty, shabby, very tired and not suited for working in. Not enough storage for clothes.

Desk is covered with mini bar stuff and can't be worked at.

Safes are too small to take a laptop.

Don't pay for breakfast. Luke warm food, not appetizing at all.

Bathrooms are old and not enough flat space for toiletries.

Basically it sucks and we are all actively looking to move to an alternative so we don't have to suffer for another 8 nights.

Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank MDKiwi
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear MDKiwi,
I do appreciate giving me your personal view on your recent visit however I must say that your comments regarding the description of the room to be very unjust.
I would like to discuss this further with you personally and I would appreciate if you can contact me directly at a time convenient to you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is very good because the important tourist spots like the Sydney Opera House, Souvenir Market, Restaurants, China Town, Malls and The Westfield are very accessible within walking distance. The hotel is even near the shopping places and a nearby Cole's grocery is just behind.

I had a peaceful sleep in this hotel, the rooms are spacious and very clean. What I've observed though is that Cable channels are not too much wherein all channels are the same.

Please don't expect any free slippers and toothbrush / hygiene kit other than soaps in your bathroom. It was said that hotels in Sydney don't generously offer those "usual" amenities you get from a 4-5 star hotel. To add to my dismay, during our time of stay there was NO FREE wifi access which was really a major setback becuse this is the only hotel I've stayed that has NO free wifi access to all its guests otherwise, I could have given a 4 or 5 star in my review.

The staff are helpful but don't expect free butler service if you're used to someone helping you with your luggage. Butler service is with charged. As they say, nothing is free in Sydney. Everything comes with charge.

Breakfast buffet is ok but on the 3rd day I couldn't force myself to eat with gusto just what I did during my first day in Rydges because everything was all of the same. Maybe they should consider a change in their breakfast menu every other day.

Overall, it is still good to stay in this hotel because of its location and good sleep quality. Something to consider when in Sydney.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Foxykix

Dear Foxykix,
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.
I would like to advise that we do provide extra amenities such as slippers and added toiletries with our compliments upon request.
We also do provide free Wifi access to all our inhouse guests so I am concerned that you were not aware of this.
Our Concierge team are always attentive to our guests needs to assist with luggage upon arrival and departure. This of course is quite different to a butler service who assist with your packing and unpacking which unfortunately we do not provide.
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience might have caused to you during your stay by not meeting tour expectations and should you wish to discuss the points raised in your feedback please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you once again for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 30 July 2014

World Square Rydges is so centrally placed. 10 minutes walk to Capital theatre and to the light rail at Hay Market and Paddy's Market.
The Japanese restaurants near by are fantastic as is the mall downstairs with access to Coles, ATMs and desserts ($1 macaroons) to take back to your room.
The hotel staff are all friendly, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Family Room for sure if travelling with 2 kids.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hi Danielle B,
Great to hear that you enjoyed our location and the friendly service from our staff.
Thank you.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed four days in Sydney on our last leg of our holiday. The whole idea was to meet up with our daughter and to catch the sites and see The Lion King. Rydges was the perfect spot to do it all. The breakfast offering was very average, but ok.

Hi TriciaC,
Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I thought this was a well locateed hotel, staff were friendly and welcoming on check in. Rooms a little small but was all we needed, very clean and comfortable. The bar was a good place for a drink and had plenty of atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi salesrepman,
Glad you enjoyed our central location and of course the friendly and welcoming service from our staff .
Thank you for your feedback.