“Two night stay”

Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel
Ranked #52 of 176 Hotels in Sydney
“Two night stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My son and I had a two night stay at the hotel as we were going to The Lion King and WWE. Check in was very quick and we were given a room with two double beds which was great! We arrived early due to flights, but we were able to check in straight away. Our room was on eighteenth floor and I must say it was the quietest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Not sure if the hotel was very busy, but it was very quiet. Beds extremely comfortable. Hotel within walking distance to theatre. Only complaint was on return from theatre we decided to have late room service dinner. Our call went through to reception and the girl who answered was not to receptive to my order and after waiting an hour and a half I called to cancel order only to discover the order had not been taken. This was the only disappointing thing about our stay. We did order at 1105pm, but if you do not want to offer 24 hr room service, don't offer it! Other than this our room was clean and comfortable. Checkout was quick and concierge looked after our bags as we had a late afternoon flight, which was great! We would stay at the hotel again, great location.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Janine H,
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay however I was disappointed to hear the issue with the room service order, please accept my sincere apology for the issue and the inconvenience caused to you.
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Yours Sincerely

Ali Ulus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jervis Bay
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have stayed at this motel several times and each time I'm never disappointed. Rooms fantastic, customer service Excellent and efficient Valet Parking.
The reason we keep going back is not only is this a lovely motel with excellent staff, the location is fantastic. A brief walk to China Town, Paddys Markets and Darling Harbour.

Also you are not affected by the street noise. The rooms are soundproof from the nightlife in the street.

Thanks for another fantastic stay and looking forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: Room with a Balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear FijiIsmydestination,
It is always great to hear from our regular guests. I am pleased to hear that you always enjoy your stay with us and I do appreciate you taking the time to give me your feedback.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

From the moment I walked in the room and saw the toilet hadn't been flushed ( had toilet paper in it ) and long black hair on the bathroom floor I was surprised to say the least .

To making a cup of tea on the sat night and the milk was off . Called housekeeping who at 8.30 said they would send done up . At 9.30 pm I gave up and went to bed .

The hair dryer blew up and was not replaced .

I never got the paper delivered to my room I'm sure as a priority guest I should ?

Just feel very let down .weve stayed there the last 4 years for city2 surf And I normally share a room. This year decided to get my own room .

It's certainly not cheap so I expect better service .

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank LittleBTau
Dear LittleBTau,
Please accept my sincere apology for the issues during your recent visit, I can assure you that this is not the service standards that we provide and your comments and issues have been passed onto the departments concerned for further follow up.
I appreciate you taking the time to give me your feedback and I do hoipe that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Yours sincerely

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location: right in the city and accessible by train, buses and taxis. The World Square mall is right next door so there are plenty of restaurants, cafes, shops and a supermarket nearby.

The hotel was clean and the service was good. We booked a standard room and asked for an extra bed, which the hotel prepared for and the room was sufficiently big enough for us. They even sent our bags up when the room was ready since we were early to check in. Our room on the 15th floor was clean and comfortable, with all the standard amenities including tv with satellite channels, safe and wifi. The bathroom was also clean and properly stocked. We didn't eat in the hotel since there are so many choices right outside and in the mall.

All in all, it was a great place for us who were visiting Sydney on holiday.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KL_home
Dear Clmhome,
I am pleased to hear that our location,cleanliness and service met with your approval and I hope that you will visit again soon.
Thank you for your feedback.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This place is in sore need of a renovation and at least a good cleaning.

Most of the floors are covered in dirty old wall to wall carpets and it stinks to high heaven.The cutlery in the dining room is often unwashed and the food is presented in a rather undelicate fashion in old rusty pots.

The overall impression of this place is that everything is sticky, smelly and dirty.

Stay clear!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank AMSo123
Sear AMSo123,
Please accept my sincere apology for the issues raised in your feedback, this is certainly not the standard of service and facilities we provide and your comments have been passed ointo the department managers for follow up to ensure that our attention to detail is always at highest levels possible.
I appreciate you brining the issues to my attention.

washington, dc
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I came here on business, but I would not recommend this hotel for business of pleasure.

The rooms are quite old and a bit shabby. The walls had dirt on them and the bedside table was sticky the first night when I went to put my alarm clock on it. Half the desk was taken up with the "mini bar". Even after I moved it, there wasn't enough room for all my work materials on the desk. Then I come to find out that the internet blocks VPN usage! Completely unacceptable for working.

The bathrooms are odd, without enough space by the sink for toiletries. The only clothes storage is at ground level, which is completely useless. And the gym is carpeted - which is just unsanitary.

The staff is nice, but completely unhelpful and not very responsive.

Location is decent - 10 minutes to the Harbor and 40 minutes to the Opera House. Lots of places nearby to eat, and is on the edge of China town. Don't eat in the hotel, as it is not worth the money - especially breakfast.

My goal each day was to spend as little time in my room as possible. Difficult when I needed to get work done. Good thing there was a cafe across the street with free wifi!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank vkb1922
Hi VKb 1922,
Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectation during your stay. It seems that the party that you were part of and travelling with have also pointed out same issues in their feedback.
Please be assured that I will be following up on the issues raised and I do appreciate your feedback.

Nowra, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Nice place to stay in the centre of the city as it is close to George st, the museum, china town and darling harbor. Rooms are nice and clean. Restaurant and bar are also good. Breakfast was great. If you love Asian cuisine this is the place to stay as outside they are all around and china town is a 2 minute walk away. It is also close to the entertainment centre, Capitol theatre and State theatre. Stay here if you want a great hotel within close proximity to everything in the city. We stayed for the Bridge run in September and then again to watch the Lion King at the Capitol theatre in January.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Hi Steven,
It is great to hear that our central location met with your expectation.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Thank you for your feedback.