“Rydges hits the family mark.”

Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel
Ranked #67 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Rydges World Square suited my family situation very well. Two bedrooms sharing a bathroom and most importantly no second door to the kids room like would have happened with an interfconnecting room. We ate breakfast in the hotel and the staff were great. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the service like breakfast was excellent. The valet parking and bell staff could not have been more helpful. I think the best service I have had a a hotel in a long while.

Room Tip: The family room was a very good option for a small family
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Wayne B
Thank you for your feedback, it is great to hear that we met all your expectations during your stay.
We hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Ali Ulus

Write a ReviewReviews (2,151)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here to go to the Lion King which was a short stroll down the road there are lots of pubs and cafes around so we had a choice of where to go the room was roomy and the shower was to die for.... would definitely stay again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovedup2014

Hi Lovedup2014,
It is very pleasing to hear you had such a great stay and also enjoyed our central location.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Have stayed at this hotel a couple of times. It is in a good location to explore Sydney, or adventure further afield. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful especially at reception. The price is average for the location and rating. Would stay there again. Had a drink in the bar, prices reasonable and good selection.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Noddy,
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel. It is extremely clean and the staff are extremely friendly.

The location is very convenient and there area many shops and restaurants in the world square area.

I definitely recommend this place to all and look forward to staying here again next time I am in Sydney.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Hi Ionnis86,
Glad that your expectations were met on your recent stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just what a hotel in the middle of Sydney for its price should be. Stayed here for a few nights for work. a reasonable sized room that was a bit dated but well maintained and clean. The free Wi-Fi was a plus, but a bit of a hit and miss sometimes. location was great with Coles in the basement for an easy quick snack. The only negative was the lighting in the room. No real main light only lamps so the room was always dark, where the bulbs had been changed to LEDs, which is good but they now don't put out enough room to effectively light the room as a regular bulb would have. All in all a good stay and I would go back.

Room Tip: the higher the better for road noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi GrOwing Family,
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions, I do appreciate your honest feedback.
I would like to advise that the issue of lighting is being attended to as you have suggested.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I arrived at the Rydges after a very long flight I arrived at the hotel very early in the morning and although my check in time wasn't till 2pm they told me I could go straight to my room which was a blessing as I was so tired. They also gave me free wifi to use in my room which was an extra bonus as i was expecting to pay from what I had read on there website. The gentleman at reception was lovely and very helpful. A young gentlemen helped me with my bags and brought them to my room he was very helpful and even helped to show me where my room was located. The room was everything I could have asked for very clean and bed was so comfy. Bathroom was great I had a shower and a bath which was just lovely. I ordered room service one night and was lovely, staff again were very friendly and had my meal brought to me within 20 minutes. The hotel is in walking distance to everywhere which was fab. On checking out staff were lovely once again, I asked the gentleman at the front if he can get me a taxi there were non outside the hotel but were a few just around the corner of the other side of the hotel, he walked me round and carried my suitcase for me and made sure I got in the taxi ok. This was a great stay at the Rydges I can't thank the staff enough for there kindness. I would definitely stay here again when I visit sydney.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Faye151,
That is certainly a great stay.
I am very pleased that to hear that your expectations were obviously met by the standard of service from our team members.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Start with the positive: great location, great concierge, good bed.

But there is room for improvement: Rooms are outdated, in need of complete refurbishment. Stains on the wall, stained and damaged furniture. My room was not clean at check-in, the carpet was very dirty and the toilet and shower not properly maintained/cleaned, and there was a sticky substance on some furniture. Had to complain to front desk, and problem was solved for a day. Insufficient space in the bathroom for toiletries. Bathroom amenities mediocre. Insufficient space for my clothes, half my shirts were hanging on top of safe. Black-out curtain sticky, other curtain grey-brown (as one would normally expect in a smoking room). Window difficult to open, but aircon not effectively working (noisy air recycling system). Noise from the street (especially on Saturday night). Wifi very slow, VPN services are blocked. Housekeeping not doing its job: hairs on the toilet, forgot to give new towels, forgot to replace soap, dust is everywhere and a big stain right next to the mirror was never cleaned. The housekeeping carts left overnight in the corridors are very uninviting (and a fire hazard), but the aim is probably to hide some of the damage to the walls. Can’t really work at the desk, it is cluttered with min-bar items. No power sockets next to the bed, only near the desk. Breakfast priced AUD 27, or AUD 18 for some lucky ones, but it is not worth that much. The hotel caters mainly to package tourists who probably get a free breakfast and this shows: coffee is bitter and weak, hardly any egg options, chewy danish, warm milk. Many front desk staff focus on fun and chatting (except when the manager seems to be present) and give inconsistent answers to the simple questions, like if breakfast was includes and why VPN was blocked. Stayed with a group of 10 and our experience was pretty much consistent.

Should I continue, or should you stay somewhere else?

Room Tip: Good room?
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank DutchTree

Dear DutchTree,
Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectation during your stay. It seems that the party that you were travelling with have also pointed out same issues in their feedback.
Please be assured that I will be following up on the issues raised and I do appreciate your feedback.