“very disapointed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #162 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
tahiti
“very disapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2008

I have reserved the hotel for 5 nights on the website and when I arrived at the hotel it was very small no elevator and for the price we can get better HOTEL so the receptionist was give us the choice to pay now the 5 nights or to pay only one night to try, we had chose to pay one night and to try, she said there will be no fee if we choose to leave after this one night. After a poor night we have decided to change hotel and we were leaving and another young receptionist had confirm that there will be no fee so we were happy to change hotel.
Big surprise when I arrived to tahiti my bank told me that city crown have count 1 more night for the two rooms!! unbelievible!! I try to contact them for refund me but they don't want.
I will complaint with office of fair trading.

• Liked — Not much
  • Disliked — Comfort, superficy, no elevator, crowed, remote
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank brylit3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2008

I stopped in Sydney in advance of my trip to check out accommodations, and was shown a small but nice room with outdoor seating area and booked it. When I arrived with my family, I was told that room was unavailable, and was given a dirty, small room without outdoor area--a classic "bait and switch." I would avoid this place.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Hotel
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank AJS49

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2007

Worst problem was that when I arrived my reservation (which had been confirmed by exchange of e-mail with the hotel) had somehow been lost or deleted, so I had no room reserved. Fortunately, there was space capacity and I was therefore able to check in. The bedroom had a rather musty smell to it and was quite unclean. My initial thought was to check out and find somewhere else to stay.

However, I stuck with it and things improved subsequently. The room smell went after a day or so (I suspect the previous occupant may have smoked in the room although the hotel is non-smoking). Hotel staff were all helpful and friendly except for one of the reception staff. There is a cafe connected to the hotel which was very good for breakfast, lunch and coffee. Bathroom was very clean and shower good. TV had no satellite channels.

• Liked — Cafe, helpful staff, location and clean bathroom
  • Disliked — Bedroom initially was unclean and had musty smell, reservation was lost and no satellite channels on TV.
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank tfcfan
San Bruno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2006

Friendly Staff and excellent location. Accomodations were basic, great water pressure in the shower which was a plus. Would stay there again.

Stayed May 2002
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2006

I stayed at the City Crown with my daughter for a week in January and was thrilled with our find.
Room rates are very competitive (we paid around AU$100 for a double room), and due to a last minute cancellation we were upgraded to a deluxe room for no extra charge. As was expected, the room was quite small, but had everything we needed (TV, DVD, bar fridge, new ensuite bathroom, desk, balcony, coffee/tea, wireless internet etc) and had obvously been recently renovated.
The staff were incredible, unlike any we have experienced before, and made us feel at home straight away. Location was brilliant, 10 minute walk to Hyde Park/CBD, 2 mins to Oxford St, heaps of great bars and restaurants very close.
The on-site Cafe was also excellent, particularly the breakfast menu.
The only negatives would be the appearance of the hallways (we were told that the owners are still in the process of renovating), size of rooms, very limited lock-up parking (book ahead), and minor damage to some of the furniture.
Overall a great stay and I would recommend to anyone looking for affordable accommodation in central Sydney.

• Stayed January 2006