“Fantastic Location”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard
Ranked #94 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 20 August 2012

A last minute change to my itinerary brought me to the Travelodge Wynyard and I am really pleased that I made the change. A superb location for a visit to Sydney, a two minute stroll to the buses and trains to get around the city. The room was excellent, met all my needs. Clean, comfortable bed, excellent bathroom and power shower. The onsite restaurant was handy but service was not always brilliant- on one occasion I had to wait for 35 minutes after being seated for someone to come and take my order! However the food was good quality and reasonably priced for Sydney. The reception staff were brilliant, a special mention for Brendon- he was really helpful and welcoming. A good ambassador for the hotel. Will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to Sydney and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Vince H
vfaisca, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Vince H

Thank you very much for you positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team and especially with Brendon who will be thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Our Restaurant Manager will also brief the team in regards to your comments on where we failed to impress.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Travelodge Wynyard.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Travelodge is a great place to stay overall ! being on york street, is just perfect, as I flew down from Brisbane with no car. I walked everywhere and used public transport (the nearest trainstation is wynyard which is less than 500 meters away!). Although train tickets are expensive and very confusing we managed. The hotel was a perfect size for me and my partner although little things could have been fixed to make the hotel just perfect (like simple fixing of grouting of tiles and cleaning of small mould or changing door hinges but none of that bothered me) bed was clean and so was the bathroom. Check in was easy and so was checking out. A very big recommendation is the restaurant and bar down stairs ( Citrus Grove) ! cheap but absolutly great! Would stay there again and recommend to all ! p.s I found no trouble with aircon or traffic noise

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kala S

Dear Kala S,

Thank you for your recent review. We always appreciate positive guest feedback and I will share yours with our team. I will pass on your comments to our Housekeeping team.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Travelodge Wynyard

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Good value for money . Good location withing walking distance to Opera House , Harbor Bridge . Rooms very clean. Helpful staff. Very noisy from street traffic all night long.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
vfaisca, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

The team at Travelodge Wynyard are delighted you enjoyed your stay. I would like to thank you for sharing this feedback with us.
I have passed your comments onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2012

With this hotel, the name over the door says Travelodge, and that is what you get - a three star chain hotel. What is outstanding is the location - right in the heart of the city and a five to ten minute walk from The Rocks, Circular Quay, the Qeeen Victoria Building and other major sites. In ten to fifteen minutes you can walk to Darling Harbour. It is next door to a major railway station (Wynyard) so it is a simple matter to get to most places you would want to visit. Our room was on the 17th floor facing the street, however there was no traffic noise. The hotel has limited parking available (AUD30 per day) however you cannot reserve a space.

Rooms were pretty much standard for a Travelodge, although a good size for Sydney. Ours was well fitted and maintained. We did have some problems with sloppy housekeeping however. We reported this to the front desk staff who arranged for the duty manager and housekeeping manager to inspect the room. They agreed that the maid's work was not up to standard and the room was remade immediately. The state of the room was something that would have meant that we never stayed at the Wynyard Travelodge, but the way the issue was handled ensured that we will be back. Problems happen in all hotels, it is the way in which they are handled that keeps clients happy. On the whole, a good three star chain hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors often have (limited) harbour views and little traffic noise
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ROHCanberraAust

Dear ROHCanberraAust,
The team at Travelodge Wynyard are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Good location. Close to Sydney harbor, the rocks, draggling harbor and other areas of the CBD. There is a subway right across the street. There is also a Starbucks right next to the hotel. It is not a fancy hotel, but it is comfortable. It was a good price. If you want a cheap place that is near many things and is clean this is what you want. We did seem to smell cigarette smoke a couple times even though the hotel is non-smoking. It wasn’t that bad. We didn’t eat at restaurant but the room service food was not that good. Cheap, convenient hotel in the hear t of the city. Great place if you are staying one or two nights and plan on spending your time out sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear TIm C,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Wynyard.
I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be a good location.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and do not hesitate to contact the hotel if we can be of any further assistance.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2012

please do not be fooled by the glossy photos,they are no where near the mark,the hotel is tired,needs lots of attention,we stayed a total of 40 minutes,before booking out,leaving behind my money i had paid to last minute .com...in good faith i went on the photos,so please beware,have more respect for your money.......internet was charged per 30 mins,and the heater didn't work........

Room Tip: can't help you there,my daughter and i didn't stay long enough........
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank diannecaldwell

Dear diannecaldwell,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am concerned with your feedback as our photos are a true reflection of our rooms, some rooms may have different bedding configuration but the outlay and facilities are the same. There are also traveller photos on Tripadvisor that show our rooms. Can I ask that you contact me directly at the hotel so I can have the opportunity to assist and clarify this personally.

In regards to our internet, we have various options : 30mins, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week and even 1 month

Look forward to hearing from you to assist further.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed here in April. Not a cheap option in this town. Rude receptionist named Brendon who was unhelpful and uninterested. Met a nice concierge called Jordan who apologised for his colleague's bad manners. Poor food. Thai curry was a special that tasted like bad soup.Old smelly bedrooms. The only positive was it's location as we were doing business nearby. We were due to stay 3 nights but checked out after 1. A big let down to a usually consistent budget hotel group. Sack the receptionist and reward the charming concierge.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheTippTwins

Dear TheTippTwins

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback.

I have addressed your comments in regards to the team and I thank you for bringing this to my attention in detail.

I will pass on your comments to the Head Chef in regards to the food.

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and hope we can improve and you can give us an opportunity to show our true service next time you visit Sydney.

Kind regards,