We wanted a hotel close to the Opera House to attend a concert and Travelodge Wynard is definitely very convenient and easy to get to. It's on the direct train line from the airport and roughly about 300 metres from Wynard station. The hotel itself is definitely showing its age and the reception staff could possibly muster up a little bit more enthusiasm. About 10 words were muttered when I checked in although I have to admit it was a very speedy process.
- Location, so close to everything in the CBD, Darling Harbour and close to a train station.
- The beds are also very comfortable.
- It is clean and although not luxurious, it has everything you need.
- It is remarkably quiet, we barely heard anything from any other guests.
- The shower ! Its a shower head over an ageing bathtub and the water pressure was dismal !
- The lifts stop at every floor in the mornings when check-out is happening - there are only 3 lifts for 20+floors so it is slow going in the mornings.
- Added extras - this is more an Australian issue than just Travelodge's but you have to pay for anything extra. Water is not free of charge, neither is internet ($11/half an hour !!), parking is limited and charged for, so is breakfast. As mentioned, this is something Australia is lacking behind compared to other countries where hotels usually offer a few extras for free.
All in all, I would recommend Travelodge if you are after a fairly basic, clean hotel with a great location.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Wynyard Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Travelodge Sydney
- Travel Lodge Sydney
- Sydney Travelodge
- Sydney Travel Lodge
- Travel Lodge Wynyard