The Grace Hotel Sydney
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$260
US$180
US$128
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
US$198
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$156
Hotels.com
US$203
US$195
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$92
  • Pool
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$136
  • Breakfast included
6,643 results
All reviewsdarling harbourgreat locationart decoirish pubbeautiful hotelcentral locationqueen victoria buildingroom servicethe heart of the citywithin walking distancepitt street mallroom was spaciouswynyard stationbusiness tripbuffet breakfastwould stay againopera house
Reviewed 8 May 2012

had 2 nights there end of April and enjoyed the whole stay, staff were very friendly but smart and business like .This hotel is 10 minutes walk from most places and $12.00 taxi to casino .Rooms were quite large and well appointed with the bathroom nicely set out with all the usual amenities .Only disapointment was the food although not bad was very average and not alot of flavour also quite expensive .The good news is there are lots of restaurants close by so no hassles with food. Overall a very nice experience and would recommend to anyone .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank froggyroy
Reviewed 3 May 2012

First let me say I am American from the US Midwest. So there are probably norms in Australia that I missed. Considet this as you read this review.

The Grace Hotel has a lot to love. It is a historic hotel, the location is good and the basic room is large and well appointed. The down side is that it misses in key areas. The best thing about the Grace...the shower! Now many will hate the very small bathroom, the shower is basically in an old style tub, but the magic happened when the water came through the shower head. This made me forget the awkward shower, the dangerously slippery tub and the round...not oval toilet.

My major issue for a hotel that charged $185 AUD week day and $260 AUD week end is the fact they do not offer free wireless internet service or ANY FREE internet service in the hotel. Not in the rooms, not in the lobby, not in the business center. A hotel of this class, should at least offer internet service in the lobby or cafe and free tethered service in the room. Heck, you can get that at the Best Western! Business travellers make sure you read this or pay $25 a day for service in your room. I also wish the Grace had a view...any view. In it's defense, it is in the center of Sydney's downtown and with just 11 floors, the rooftop terrace gives you a view of the building next door or the building across the street. There was a building with condos that had tennis courts on their 10th floor, but none of them ( I was on the 9th) offered anything to appreciate in the early morning light.

The Grace also makes you put your room key in a slot by the door that turns the power on. As you leave, you take your card and off the power goes. A nice green touch, however, when I intentionally left my laptop plugged in and my card in the slot so it could perform while I was out, the housekeeper pull my card (no pun intended) and my laptop eventually ran out of power. I left a not attached to my card the next day an it was left in and running.

So while charming, historic and beautiful, the Grace left me wishing I had booked the cheaper, the taller and the more exciting Hilton.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel after viewing comments on Tripadvisor. We would concur with
the positive comments regarding luxurious Art Deco styled rooms, high ceilings, quiet but central location, and close to the Train Station. The staff were extra friendly and the rooms
spacious and comfortable. We were able to make our way easily to Wynyard Station and
a 20 minutes train trip to the Airport.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower floors at present, as refurbishment is underway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Booking a Mystery deal on those hotel sites, can be risky, but by the description and the amenities described it seemed like a great deal. So when we got the confirmation we got the Grace hotel I could not be happier. When we arrived to Sydney from Melbourne we were greeted by the elegance of the hotel and it's art deco. Check in was fast and friendly. Our room was clean, roomy and comfortable, especially the beds. . My only complaint was that the person at front desk gave us a 2 bed bedroom, instead of providing a queen size bed. However I did not complain that time, as my hubby at the time had a very bad cold. Another great thing is that the Grace hotel was very close to darling harbour, and city shopping areas and also the likes of many bars and restaurants. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is our second stay at the Grace. The first was over 10 years ago so we were slightly unsure of whether our memories of the first fantastic stay were accurate. The hotel itself is in a great location actually better than I expected, the monorail, darling harbour and city shopping are all within close walking distance. The room itself it spacious, on checkin we were given a room with a walk in shower but we would have preferred a bath. A quick call to reception and this was arranged swiftly. The gym facilities were of good quality as were the pool and spa although we did not utilise them on this trip. Room service was well priced with no complaints. Bed was comfortable which is a strong factor in us liking a hotel.There are not many downfalls but I would have to comment on the noise on the Saturday night, having stayed from Thursday to Sunday the noise from pubs/nightclubs below was overwhelming on the Saturday night. Firstly I'm young and can handle a bit of noise but until 3am wasn't great. Given that we were on the 9th floor I would hate to think what it would have been like down lower. We were charged a fee of $100 a night as a bond so $300 overall, I understand this is common practice amongst some hotels but this would be off putting if I was staying for 7 nights, particularly as the reversal does not immediately come off the credit card.

Room Tip: Probably higher up or on inside room on the weekend to avoid street noise below.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple