“Great hotel, great value, great location”

The Grace Hotel Sydney
Ranked #21 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I stayed in 4 hotels while in Sydney, 3 of which cost more than The Grace and were much less nice (Novatel, Marriott). This is a great boutique hotel which a lot of charm near Darling Harbor and within an easy walk to the ferry wharfs of Sydney Harbor. Great staff, good sun spot on the roof with a lap pool to refresh and central location. My room was well updated with a great bed, safe and noise proof (I booked the cheapest room level). Realized I needed a printout after business center hours and the staff provided me printing at the front desk. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Grace Hotel Sydney

Reviewed 7 February 2011

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at the Grace Hotel. The location is wonderful...you are near shopping on Pitt Street, a few blocks from both Darling Harbour and Circular Quay and have a train stop, convenience store and other perks very close. The hotel is an older hotel, but it is clean, has decent-sized rooms and was extremely quiet. Was a perfect launching point for daily excursions. The staff was pleasant and helpful, and all of this at reasonable rates (compared with some very pricey competitors). Some minor hiccups in our stay....the internet is very costly and is average, the self-service laundry was ridiculously expensive and the breakfast is probably not worth the price. But overall, we were happy we chose The Grace, and would probably stay there again in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Grace Hotel, I felt the location was excellent, the rooms were spacious and property was clean. Staff were great including the cleaning staff the concierge guys were great - even funny!!! Enjoyed the pool and spa and the lovely view from the deck at the top (wish this area was open later than 9pm though). Lighting was not great in the rooms for applying makeup :) other than that would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I booked at the Grace as part of a "mystery hotel" deal on an accommodation website and enjoyed a change from my regular stays in Sydney.

Upon check-in, my boyfriend and I were informed that a king bed room was not available for the deal we had (I was told this might be a possibility on booking). We were offered an upgrade to a larger room for a small extra charge which I was happy to pay.

The room was very clean, tastefully decorated and surprisingly quiet, given our windows faced the road. The bed was amazing, and we both slept very soundly.
The location was great for us, as it was a short walk from most of the places we usually visit, and the close proximity to Darling Harbour would make it a good choice for people visiting Sydney for the first time.

Car parking under the hotel was comparable to other weekday rates in the CBD.It was fully staffed by valets, so it feels very secure.

My only complaint would be that they charge for internet, which is a common gripe for Australian hotels. Given that it would cost them almost nothing to provide this service with the infrastructure they already have, it baffles me as to why so many hotels insist on having their guests pay to check email.

Overall, I would recommend the Grace to Sydney tourists looking for a comfortable and quiet and relaxed place to stay.

Reviewed 31 January 2011

Great location, within easy walking distance of attractions and shopping, good service, quiet spacious room. We loved the fact that you could have a lovely cheap breakfast in their cafe. Just a bit disappointed we didn't get a complimentary newspaper. We'd go back.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

I most recently stayed at the Grace Hotel for 2 nights.

As has been previously mentioned, it has been renovated from i believe a large store and also office building. It is quite impressive from outside in terms of its style and they have tried to keep many of the art deco style in the lobby and public areas.

Overall i was happy with my stay. My first room was on a high floor overlooking the main road outside. It was a little noisy, so i requested a room change to an interior room, which overlooks a sort of courtyard below. Thsi room was very quiet indeed and i was able to relax and i slept well. The room and bathroom was very clean indeed and so , once again, i was happy with my choice.

Although i was quite happy overall, it wasnt really for me. So i am not sure i woudl return.

However, i am sure that there are those that return time and time again. Its just a matter of personal taste and what you like!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank hemikiwi
Reviewed 24 January 2011

This hotel was very grand, steeped in history and was in a wonderful location, the rooms were spacious and very clean BUT you paid for it. Because we stayed here for 5 nights including New Years Eve the price TREBLED and you had to stay a minimum of 3 nights which really took the edge of the enjoyment of the hotel. At normal rates I would say this was an excellent hotel, at the inflated prices charged it became a very expensive hotel that you expected more from. One person worth mentioning was troy the concierge, he was extremely helpful and very professional. We had a mix up when trying to collect some already booked tickets for a New Years Eve cruise but he took control and sorted it for us.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple