“Close to perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #102 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Mudgee, Australia
“Close to perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Quest Camperdown on Missenden Rd is the perfect combination of small-business warmth and friendliness, and large-business professionalism and attention to detail.

As the price was significantly less than other accommodation in Sydney, I was not expecting anything flash. I was expecting a bit more than a youth hostel, but nothing like the four-star CBD motel I stayed in about six months ago.

Boy, was I proven wrong.

Every interaction with staff left me smiling. From my initial phone enquiries, to checking in, to encountering housekeeping staff, to checking out... every single staff member was warm and friendly, exuding genuine cheerfulness and willingness to help.

The location is unbeatable - a stone's throw from Parramatta Rd, buses and taxi's running past constantly, and a taxi rank just up the road at RPA. I needed to go to the Enmore Theatre, and found an available taxi on the rank which got me there with plenty of time to spare (and might I add, the taxi driver was a lovely chatty grandfatherly-type - I will go to Ottoman restaurant next time I'm in Sydney, Mr Taxi Driver, I promise!).

The room was nothing short of astounding. Full kitchen, laundry, separate bedroom, massive bathtub, and a separate toilet (so when you travel with others, you're not left crossing your legs until the bathroom is free). All rooms were very spacious, and spotlessly clean. The bed and pillows were the most comfortable I've ever slept in, in any motel anywhere.

The design is lovely. The art perfectly reflects the colours of the room. I'm not an arty person at all, but I spent some time gazing at the beautiful huge prints hung on the walls.

Sorry. I'm gushing. But I was so very impressed with the property and the lovely staff, I had to gush.

I will never stay in any other inner-west/CBD accommodation again. That four-star motel I stayed in six months ago, which charges twice the price but doesn't even supply milk for your morning coffee (and often is less-than-clean)? They've lost me as a repeat customer.

Quest Camperdown has me as a fan for life.

Room Tip: I was worried about traffic noise keeping me awake as my balcony was on the Missenden St side, but a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert-Alam, General Manager at Adara Camperdown, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear ZDacey,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Quest Camperdown. We strive to provide a warm, welcoming environment and to meet our guests’ expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Camperdown when you next require accommodation in the area.

ralam@questapartments.com.au

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Bermagui, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

The one bedroom suites are very spacious and reasonably well equipped. The hotel is in a great location near RPA and only a short stroll to the eateries on King Street in Newtown.my only complaint is that as my wife was having a medical procedure in the morning we asked if the room could be made up in the morning so we weren't disturbed in the afternoon...on our return at 1pm it hadn't been made up which was disappointing. Otherwise all good and recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Robert-Alam, Manager at Adara Camperdown, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Bermibound,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed both your time in the hotel and our convenient location. Please accept my apology for any short comings in housekeeping. I have passed your comment on to the housekeeping manager to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future.
I do hope that you choose to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me when you are planning your next trip to Camperdown.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

When i first arrived at 7.30pm I had to wait for 20 minutes for someone to arrive at reception. When they did arrive i was informed I had been given the wrong address and was meant to be at the other Quest 200 metres down the road. The staff member was friendly and apologetic but not a great start.
While reasonably small the room was very clean with a good bathroom and shower. When I went to iron a shirt I found the room did not have an iron. They do have a guest laundry which was 1 floor down but when i am traveling for work I prefer to iron my business shirts in the room. The bed was not that comfortable. I don't care what anyone says but two single beds pushed together are not a double bed. The blinds also let in too much light so I had to rig something up to block this.
The place was very clean and in a good location so I have still rated it average.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Robert-Alam, Manager at Adara Camperdown, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear Lolo_Tim_Tim,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us at Quest Camperdown.

I apologise for any misunderstanding that you may have encountered upon visiting us. Quest Camperdown has two complexes that are 200 meters apart. The Missenden Rd property contains our fully serviced apartments that are ideal for long stay guests and families whilst the Parramatta Rd property consists mainly of hotel studio rooms that are ideal for both business and leisure travellers.

Whilst it is our regular procedure to send a confirmation email with the address of the property that you have chosen upon making the initial booking, please accept my apologies for any lapse of communication on our behalf.

As a businessman myself I completely understand that both an iron and an ironing board are a necessity, and as a result, I am in the process of getting quotes to allocate both an iron and an ironing board in each of our rooms.

Lolo_Tim_Tim, Please feel free to contact me on (02) 9028 7900 or via my email atralam@questapartments.com.au so I can personally look after your booking should you choose to stay with us in the future.

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Quest Camperdown has two complexes, one on Missenden Road and the more up market Quest Executive Apartments at 108 Parramatta Road which is about 200 metres from the Missenden Road property. The rooms are studio apartments with kitchenettes. The bathrooms only have showers. The property is easy to access from the city being on the corner of Parramatta Road and Lyon Street, but beware that there is no right turn into Lyon street when approaching from the city. Parking is a shared surface car park located across the street behind the apartments with access of Lyon Street. Adjacent street parking is tight and we usually race in and check in and get keys and code for the carpark and then once parked take up luggage to our room. Its a very handy hotel if visiting the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and you can avoid hefty parking bills elsewhere and leave you car in the carpark till you are finished.

Room Tip: There is some traffic noise if you are located on the Lyon Street side, but it is easy to ignore.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StephenR285
Sharine B, Manager at Adara Camperdown, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for taking time to provide a review for Quest Camperdown!

We do have 2 fantastic complexes within 200m away from each other. In our Missenden Road's complex, we have the larger full serviced apartments that are ideal for long stays guests and in the Parramatta Road's complex, we have the modern executive apartments that are equipped with kitchenettes and common laundry room complimentary for all guests use.

Both complexes are very much accessible to the RPA hospital as well as the University of Sydney. Buses directly outside both sites also provide convenient access via a 10 minutes ride into the city.

We are glad that Quest Camperdown caters to your needs and look forward to welcome you back again!

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

While reception was unmanned when I wanted to check in and no-one was answering the phone, once I found someone the experience was great. The rooms are small but fully kitted out with everything you need - great little kitchen, lovely fresh bathroom, TV positioned directly in front the bed (yippee) and a little balcony to boot. Regular buses go past the front door and 15-20 minutes later you are at the Opera House with all the other tourists. Don't forget crazy and eclectic King Street either, just a short walk away.

• Stayed February 2013
Hi,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with this feedback. Direct feedback from our past guests in a pivotal part in ensuring that we continue to further develop our property and continue to grow.

You are right in saying that we are in prime location for Sydney visitors. We hope that you had time to ensure some of the attractions in close proximity. (We are within 10 minutes from Sydney CBD.)

We are glad that you found your recent stay in our executive apartment to be a suitable option for yourself . The executive apartments are equipped with kitchenette facilities and in some rooms, a nice little balcony for those who likes to sit and relax in the open.

In relation to the reception being unmanned, I will certainly pass your feedback on to all front office staff members as at the time of your arrival, they may have been attending to another guest. we hope that you did not have to wait too long and are thrilled that the service given when they were with you was satisfactory.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stay here each month as we visit the RPA and travel six hours each way.

On our last visit I had to stay in the hospital for six days leaving my wife looking to stay somewhere.

We weren't sure from day to day how long I would need to stay and my wife was quite upset. Luckily nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they held a room each day till the doctor had seen me.

This is an older property but clean, comfortable and a lot of rooms are refurbished. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this property.

• Stayed April 2013
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Quest Camperdown is very conveniently located to the Royal Price Alfred Hospital, in fact quite a number of our guests often stay with us for the same reason and we understand how important it is to be flexible with our guests, due to the constant changing appointments at the hospital.

Our staff are well aware that some of our guests may be having a particularly difficulty time, especially when a family member is in hospital and we aim to make to stay with us as ‘stress free’ and easy for you as it can be.

We are thrilled that this is reflected in the interactions that the front office staff have with our guests and look forward to seeing you next time, hopefully for a leisure stay.

Thank you.

New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

This was a lovely little hotel in a convenient location. It was in immaculate order and very comfortable. Close to reasonable meal options - great little Korean restaurant just up the road to the west.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Hi Rick,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It’s great that you have given such positive feedback!

Indeed, we are very lucky to be in close proximity to quite a few nice restaurants. We look forward to welcome you back again to Quest Camperdown.

Please feel free to contact us if there's anything else that we can assist!

Thank you.