“Perfect for our needs”

Quality Apartments Camperdown
Ranked #112 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 3 January 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Quest Apartments (Parramatta Road) for 4 nights in the run up to New Year.

The location on the Parramatta Road was great, with a bus stop immediately outside. We never waited more than 2 minutes for a bus. Some of the buses only take pre-paid tickets, which you can buy in the EazyMart (I think it was called that) next door.

The reception staff were incredibly helpful and friendly at all times and should be commended.

The room was clean, functional and fit for purpose. There was some noise at night from outside, but what do you expect in a big city.

Overall, very happy with our stay. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Quality Apartments Camperdown

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed in the Quest Camperdown because of its handy location on Parramatta Road, close to Newtown, the CBD and RPA. It is reasonably equipped but split over two sites. We stayed in one of the studio rooms with kitchenette on the Parramatta Road side. On arrival in the late afternoon, there was no one at reception there; they were at the Missendon Road location. Parking was confusing but we managed to park at the Missendon Road site and walk across. The staff were helpful and friendly on arrival and sorted through these issues with us.

Rooms are relatively basic, small but functional. The beds were on the firm side but not uncomfortable. The bathroom was pretty small for two people but would have been fine for one. There aren't a lot of facilities on the Parramatta road site but there are plenty of cafés and restaurants nearby. We ate breakfast at the Deus ex Machina café across the road, which was excellent. Transport links are good and catching taxis wasn't a problem.

It is probably more suited to business travellers than those on holiday or travelling as a couple. However, for one night it was clean and functional. Be warned the traffic noise on Parramatta Road is pretty constant, even at night - if you are a light sleeper, I would suggest bringing ear plugs!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert-Alam, General Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Sk_ayres,

I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay at Quest Camperdown.

Café Deus works closely with us and offers charge-back facilities. It is good to see you enjoyed your breakfast there.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Camperdown in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Good location but that about all.
Housekeeping didn't really care about guest requests.
The taxi rank was only up the road which is probably the only good thing along with the
surrounding facilities were great with food outlets very close and good but the service not up to scratch. The staff were a bit rude and booking is not made clear at all.
The rooms are a bit run down and need a good touch up to bring them up to scratch.
You can do a lot better that this place to stay in Sydney.
I would not stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lou H

Dear Lou H,
I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay at Quest Camperdown. The Missenden Road property is due for refurbishment in the near future. Meanwhile, we believe we offer spacious, comfortable accommodation.
I wish you had been more specific with the mentioned staff and housekeeping issues. It makes it very difficult to address issues without details.
Please contact me on the below details if you wish to further discuss your stay.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Quest Camperdown on Missenden Rd is the perfect combination of small-business warmth and friendliness, and large-business professionalism and attention to detail.

As the price was significantly less than other accommodation in Sydney, I was not expecting anything flash. I was expecting a bit more than a youth hostel, but nothing like the four-star CBD motel I stayed in about six months ago.

Boy, was I proven wrong.

Every interaction with staff left me smiling. From my initial phone enquiries, to checking in, to encountering housekeeping staff, to checking out... every single staff member was warm and friendly, exuding genuine cheerfulness and willingness to help.

The location is unbeatable - a stone's throw from Parramatta Rd, buses and taxi's running past constantly, and a taxi rank just up the road at RPA. I needed to go to the Enmore Theatre, and found an available taxi on the rank which got me there with plenty of time to spare (and might I add, the taxi driver was a lovely chatty grandfatherly-type - I will go to Ottoman restaurant next time I'm in Sydney, Mr Taxi Driver, I promise!).

The room was nothing short of astounding. Full kitchen, laundry, separate bedroom, massive bathtub, and a separate toilet (so when you travel with others, you're not left crossing your legs until the bathroom is free). All rooms were very spacious, and spotlessly clean. The bed and pillows were the most comfortable I've ever slept in, in any motel anywhere.

The design is lovely. The art perfectly reflects the colours of the room. I'm not an arty person at all, but I spent some time gazing at the beautiful huge prints hung on the walls.

Sorry. I'm gushing. But I was so very impressed with the property and the lovely staff, I had to gush.

I will never stay in any other inner-west/CBD accommodation again. That four-star motel I stayed in six months ago, which charges twice the price but doesn't even supply milk for your morning coffee (and often is less-than-clean)? They've lost me as a repeat customer.

Quest Camperdown has me as a fan for life.

Room Tip: I was worried about traffic noise keeping me awake as my balcony was on the Missenden St side, but a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear ZDacey,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Quest Camperdown. We strive to provide a warm, welcoming environment and to meet our guests’ expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Camperdown when you next require accommodation in the area.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The one bedroom suites are very spacious and reasonably well equipped. The hotel is in a great location near RPA and only a short stroll to the eateries on King Street in Newtown.my only complaint is that as my wife was having a medical procedure in the morning we asked if the room could be made up in the morning so we weren't disturbed in the afternoon...on our return at 1pm it hadn't been made up which was disappointing. Otherwise all good and recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Robert-Alam, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Bermibound,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed both your time in the hotel and our convenient location. Please accept my apology for any short comings in housekeeping. I have passed your comment on to the housekeeping manager to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future.
I do hope that you choose to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me when you are planning your next trip to Camperdown.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

When i first arrived at 7.30pm I had to wait for 20 minutes for someone to arrive at reception. When they did arrive i was informed I had been given the wrong address and was meant to be at the other Quest 200 metres down the road. The staff member was friendly and apologetic but not a great start.
While reasonably small the room was very clean with a good bathroom and shower. When I went to iron a shirt I found the room did not have an iron. They do have a guest laundry which was 1 floor down but when i am traveling for work I prefer to iron my business shirts in the room. The bed was not that comfortable. I don't care what anyone says but two single beds pushed together are not a double bed. The blinds also let in too much light so I had to rig something up to block this.
The place was very clean and in a good location so I have still rated it average.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Robert-Alam, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Lolo_Tim_Tim,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us at Quest Camperdown.

I apologise for any misunderstanding that you may have encountered upon visiting us. Quest Camperdown has two complexes that are 200 meters apart. The Missenden Rd property contains our fully serviced apartments that are ideal for long stay guests and families whilst the Parramatta Rd property consists mainly of hotel studio rooms that are ideal for both business and leisure travellers.

Whilst it is our regular procedure to send a confirmation email with the address of the property that you have chosen upon making the initial booking, please accept my apologies for any lapse of communication on our behalf.

As a businessman myself I completely understand that both an iron and an ironing board are a necessity, and as a result, I am in the process of getting quotes to allocate both an iron and an ironing board in each of our rooms.

Lolo_Tim_Tim, Please feel free to contact me on (02) 9028 7900 or via my email atralam@questapartments.com.au so I can personally look after your booking should you choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Quest Camperdown has two complexes, one on Missenden Road and the more up market Quest Executive Apartments at 108 Parramatta Road which is about 200 metres from the Missenden Road property. The rooms are studio apartments with kitchenettes. The bathrooms only have showers. The property is easy to access from the city being on the corner of Parramatta Road and Lyon Street, but beware that there is no right turn into Lyon street when approaching from the city. Parking is a shared surface car park located across the street behind the apartments with access of Lyon Street. Adjacent street parking is tight and we usually race in and check in and get keys and code for the carpark and then once parked take up luggage to our room. Its a very handy hotel if visiting the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and you can avoid hefty parking bills elsewhere and leave you car in the carpark till you are finished.

Room Tip: There is some traffic noise if you are located on the Lyon Street side, but it is easy to ignore.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StephenR285
Sharine B, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for taking time to provide a review for Quest Camperdown!

We do have 2 fantastic complexes within 200m away from each other. In our Missenden Road's complex, we have the larger full serviced apartments that are ideal for long stays guests and in the Parramatta Road's complex, we have the modern executive apartments that are equipped with kitchenettes and common laundry room complimentary for all guests use.

Both complexes are very much accessible to the RPA hospital as well as the University of Sydney. Buses directly outside both sites also provide convenient access via a 10 minutes ride into the city.

We are glad that Quest Camperdown caters to your needs and look forward to welcome you back again!

Thanks.