“3 star at the best”

Ranked #77 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia
“3 star at the best”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

expect a 100 dollar credit card fee on top of your booking then an extra 25.00 parking fee. on checkout we were confronted with a 75 dollar fee fro internet/movies we did not watch which I refused to pay.
the park view was minimal no rooms faced or overlooked this promised park. it was slightly visible from the roof top. the heated pool was cold. breakfast was around 30 dollars a head.
public transport was available via bus across the road one block away to go into circular key or the cross.quality was 3 star tho rooms were clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Elliot A, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback in the way of a Tripadvisor review. We are sorry that you didn't have a great experience while staying with us. We do charge a 1.5% Credit card surcharge, although we do a preauthorisation $100 on credit cards at check in, this should be released within days of checking out though. If these funds have not been released by your bank please get in contact with me directly on 02 8353 8923 so we can liaise with your bank to authorise the release on those funds also if you would like to discuss your feedback in more detail.

Elliot Agius

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Polish first
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We booked quite late to attend a rally that was held the same weekend as the 100 year naval show. We had a very few choices by the time we booked, so we were delighted when we managed to get a room at what was pretty reasonably priced considering. We had a couple of requests which were dealt with and therefore we were very happy with our stay. This is not a 4-5 star hotel, so if you bear that in mind it is actually pretty good value for money. Have stayed before and would stay again

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the road.
Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Postornot

Thank you for your review you recently posted on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Vibe Hotel Rushcutters. Next time you are planning on staying with us, please don't hesitate t contact me directly on 02 8353 8923 to make your booking.

Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Rooms are small but adequate. Bed & Pillows are very hard. Privacy is an issue with a very close, large block of apartments next door. Location is ok. Bus service to Circular Quay is quick & regular. The shower is in the bath which requires a large step into/out of the bath to shower & the floor tiles are slippery when wet. Not really happy about being charged 2% extra for paying by credit card when already paying $200-$275 pn for what is an very ordinary room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Goferit

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor.com. We are sorry that your experience was not up to the standard we endeavour to provide for our guests. Please contact me directly on 02 8353 8923 to discuss your feedback further.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Arrival was early as arranged with Booking Clerk. Very disappointed with location of room, it felt like I had walked a half marathon before reaching room 342 for Seniors couple in mid 70s. The outlook was awful! Noisy at all times with heavy traffic as room faced main road intersection and the railway, which was full-on with extra services provided for the busy Naval Week Celebrations. I tried to fill in my day by sitting in the restaurant/lounge/bar room but the cat-screaming female vocalist recording and the boom boom beat was so disturbing and the TV at the same time was far from relaxing. While I was having a tea, I observed an English businessman trying to negotiate with TV programmer on his mobile and he had to block out the surrounding sound with his hand over his ear and shout to be heard. The restaurant fare is very ordinary, the restaurant has no atmosphere and always looks empty of patrons, so not inviting. The breakfast is hectic when the tour bus groups eat before heading out for sightseeing, walked to coffee shop on next corner.
The beds are comfortable. Pillows are very skimpy should be replaced. The bathroom was awful. Mould was an issue on the ceiling. Grouting was in need of some good scrubbing with strong cleaning agent. The taps on the basin were both indicating cold setting...must be confusing for overseas visitors. I tried to dial the front office for nearly 2 hours on the 1st night, gave up and tried the next day with no success. Too bad if you were ill or required urgent help. Not good enough Management, you need to address this immediately. The key cards hardly ever work. After coming in from a late dinner and walking the Half Marathon to our room to find that both our cards would not access our room. The room adjacent heard our voices and were able to reach the front office for us, a friendly attendant opened door and apologised. THE POSITIVES .. The only decent thing was the pool area on the roof and the lovely outlook of the harbour and yachts anchored nearby. The other positive was our friendly, efficient Rebecca and Esther, front desk staff. This hotel is less than average for Sydney and could be improved with a stronger Management Team with higher expectations for the comfort of their guests. We would not recommend to Trip Advisors.

Room Tip: Ask for a park outlook on the 4th floor, if not available check out other hotels.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear gingerbreadnana,

Thank you for your review we appreciate your time and feedback and I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team. We pride ourselves in great customer service so I am happy to hear about Rebecca and Esther assisting you.

I would love to discuss your stay further so please feel free to contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Assistant Hotel Manager
Kristina Dundovic
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I decided to stay at this hotel as there was an on line deal, I had booked for 5 nights for a business trip however extended my stay asking reception if they could arrange the same rate for me, this lead to confusion as one member of staff said yes then a few days later the other member of staff said the reservation manager said he would give me a 10% discount well this isn't the same, the receptionist then became quit dismissive towards me and my request, as the reservation manager couldn't be bothered to talk to me even though he apparently tried my room twice the receptionist bluntly informed me,maybe the good old fashioned message in the room or on phone may have been nice however this is a rather cheap hotel you get what you pay for maybe a bit less on the customer service front at this hotel, if you are looking for good service good food don't bother with this hotel pay the bit
extra and stay else were,
Food at the hotel is way below average I ate in the restaurant twice due to it raining and didn't want to venture out of the hotel, both experiences were consistently painful and food that was expensive and amateur to say the least, staff seem to have little or no training and no sight of a manager to run things, as a catering consultant who travels to put hotels and restaurants in profit and good service I think this would be a challenge even for me, at 9pm I asked for a coffee as did another guest to be told we are cleaning the coffee machine so we can't serve coffee, need I go on! I really do not like writing such reviews as I am in this very difficult industry we call hospitality however I do get very cross when standards this low should not be tolerated and hotel managers deem this standard to be acceptable

• Stayed September 2013
Elliot A, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hi there Tirp0183

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Vibe. Feedback, both positive and negative is very valuable in improving our service. I am sorry in this instance that you have not had a positive experience.

If you could please contact me in regards to your feedback you can reach me on 02 8353 8923. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Relief Assistant Hotel Manager
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We just stayed at the vibe this weekend. We arrived early thinking we could just drop off our bags and find something to do for the day and the staff were very nice and let us check in early and even gave us a upgrade to a suite :) The view from our suite was really nice just over the rushcutters park n harbour. The area was really nice as we don't really like the loudness from the city the hotel room was quite and so was the park. It is about 10 mins to circular quay by taxi or around about a 45min walk. Although not right in the city we found it to be better because it was still close to stuff and was a nice area. When we return to Sydney we will definetly return to the Vibe. We are thrilled with the customer service and the rooms were really nice and clean. Not one thing wrong with the place. OOH... And they do a $5 coffee and muffin/banana bread deal at the café down stairs. So u can grab a coffee and drink and take a walk through the park right next door :D

Room Tip: We had suite 510 which was a nice big room and a nice view over the harbour.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Elliot A, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
HI Amy H

Thank you for the time you have taken to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Vibe Rushcutters.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe. When you decide on a date please don't hesitate to contact me directly for any reservations assistance you may need.

Relief Assistant Hotel Manager
Perth, Western Australia,
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Go when you can make use of the rooftop pool. Enjoy breakfast (find a deal that includes it) with sunlight streaming into The Curve restaurant. Enjoy the view of the park next door and explore the houses round Rushcutter's Bay. Walk up and then down the hills in the evening past historic old homes & apartments to have a hot pie with smashed peas dinner at Harry's Cafe de Wheels in Woolloomoolloo. You can even walk to Mrs. Macquarie's chair at night safely with your partner.
Probably best if you have a car. But if you love walking around to absorb the feel of a locale, then this is a good base.
I liked the modern decor of the hotel too and the bathroom was good, bed comfy. Clean and check-in was fast. Reasonable prices.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank designfood
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear designfood,

Thank you for taking your time to post about Vibe Rushcutters and appreciate your valuable feedback, it was a great review with things to do in the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Rushcutters. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next booking with us, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Kind Regards

Assistant Hotel Manager
Kristina Dundovic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Central Business District
#73 of 178 in Sydney
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills

Been to Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney? Share your experiences!