“A focal point on the sydney horizon”

Sydney Harbour Bridge
Ranked #5 of 491 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Spanning the city center to the North Shore, the Sydney Harbour Bridge is a wide steel arch bridge known for its beauty as well as function, providing a crossing for cars, trains, bikes and pedestrians. While the more daring can do the BridgeClimb to the top of the structure, opened to traffic in 1932, anyone can enjoy a walk for free.
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The bridge is a marvel considering that it was built in 1938 and is in far better repair than any other bridge I know of! Viewing it during the day is great but after the sun sets and the lights come on it is still beautiful.

1  Thank larkenRidgefield_CT

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Although I haven't done the bridge climb, I have walked over the bridge several times (takes about 15 mins to walk one way) and done the pylon lookout. Both definitely worth doing. I'd recommend walking over on the Opera House side for better views.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I love walking across the bridge once a week to work. View is beautiful. The bridge is wide enough to fit all the peak hour walkers on it so there is no stress.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

As I was working in the CBD and a friend's place was in nth Sydney, I walked over it a number of times, day and night, recently. It's a magnificent structure and I'll never get sick of it. I usually walked the main harbour side, stopping for snaps of the opera house, ships etc. takes about 20 minutes.
Coming back there is a choice between the Rocks or the Bangaroo area, just need to walk under the bridge as you get off.
If you are keen, book a Bridgeclimb - did it a few years ago and it was really worth it. Not strenuous and the views are extraordinary.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Not knowing if our knees would survive the Bride climb, we opted for the Pylons Lookout climb which we found to be most enjoyable and not at all taxing. The views were terrific, and we felt that our photos were just as good as from the bridge above. Met lots of folks from all over while awaiting opening time - you should make sure that you know that the Lookout climb doesn't open till 10 AM. We had read this in our research, but it eluded us the day of climbing, so we ending up waiting half an hour for the ticket box to open. Still we had a great time and recommend this shorter climb to others. The price is well worth the view. And there is a senior price as well.