“Pricey breakfast, but you won't go hungry!”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #23 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“Pricey breakfast, but you won't go hungry!”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I stayed at the Parkroyal Darling Harbour for just one night. The hotel's location was great - close to Darling Harbour. My room (1002) was on the 10th floor, and very quiet as it faced the city instead of Darling Harbour. There is a big glass window on this floor though, which provides a good view of the Harbour.

The room itself was fine if perhaps showing its age (see base of bathroom door). I was very impressed to find network cables and an international power plug provided in the room. Tea and coffee-making facilities are provided too, in addition to Peter Morrissey branded toiletries. If you sign up with the hotel chain's loyalty program, the 2 bottles of water in the room which are designated for GHA members are free (AUD3 each otherwise). Signing up will also provide you with free wifi and a daily newspaper, so it's worth doing considering there's no charge to join GHA.

If you decide to have breakfast at the hotel, ask reception to add this to your bill before indulging. It will therefore cost AUD28 instead of 38. There's plenty of options at the breakfast buffet - DIY pancakes, fresh fruit plus juicer for you to make your own juice, dim sum, doughnuts plus all of the usual suspects (bacon etc).

This is a pretty good choice if you need to be close to Darling Harbour but perhaps a refurbished room might be nicer.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear BluvE,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated our great location and had a comfortable stay.

I was also pleased to read that you joined up with our GHA program, which will offer many benefits for when you travel globally and enjoyed our extensive breakfast offering.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for your review.

Craig Bond

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

From the time you walk in to the time you walk out this is a total 5 star experience. Nothing is left missed there attention to detail is as good as it will get. I have stayed at other hotels this General manager has operated before so when i heard he had moved and done a huge refurbish my wife and i went to see how it all went and as mentioned it is fantastic. Location spot on and everything else just folowed

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade and get a club room
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Glenn A,

Thank you so much for highlighting our excellent location - PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is close to some of Sydney's premier attractions, restaurants and bars.

I was pleased to note that you found our facilities and services excellent as we have an ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences for all of our guests.

Once again, I was delighted to hear your feedback and will make sure that this is communicated to all of our teams.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just back from a shopping trip to Sydney with my daughter and thoroughly enjoyed the Park Royal. Have stayed in lots of different hotels in Sydnay, but I would recommend Park Royal for good access to Darling Harbour and you're only two blocks from the QVB - so very handy. We were given a twin room (2 doubles) on the first floor and the room was compact but plenty big enough. The beds were divine and the pillows so comfortable. The bathroom wasn't luxurious but very nice and modern. We had the buffet breakfast and it was fabulous - couldn't fault it. The staff were all very pleasant and efficient to deal with.

Room Tip: Our "city view" room had a view of the motorway over towards Darling Harbour but not a pro...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear flyok ,

I am delighted to read that you appreciated our great location and that your stay was a comfortable one.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for the review.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This hotel is well placed for the city, darling harbour, china town or easy access to the suburbs and airports. It is a great hotel to stay in if you are travelling on business or a city escape and want to keep the budget in control but enjoy quiet, convenient and hassle free location.

The club rooms after a recent renovation late last year / beginning 2013 are the pick as you also get access to the lounge with treats all day, friendly drinks in the afternoon and a special breakfast menu and papers.

The staff experience for the 4 times I have stayed in this hotel in 2013 with the last experience in early April 2013 have been overall very friendly and competent and increasing in service standards.

Room Tip: Floor 8 and rooms that face darling harbour.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear JenniferJennJenn,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. The responses our guests provide us with are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel. As part of our ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences we completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment in February 2013. The refurbishment included enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars, event spaces, gymnasium as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby. Also as part of our product upgrade, we will be implementing new pillows, duvets and beds to ensure extra comfort for all of our guests as well as new state-of-the-art televisions.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your business or leisure travels.

Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a club room,the room is beautiful in a wonderful location but customer service once your in is shocking . I wasn't told anything at check in so I asked about breakfast the girl informed me I would want to go to buffet breakfast not club room as its more "formal" yes I'm traveling with a 6 year old birthday child but the tone wasnt needed, wasn't told what floor breakfast was on wasn't asked if I wanted a paper or any information. We went to the club room for a drink there was no one there and once again no information . We stayed out all day and returned and had room service the phone got answered the second time I called , it was clear the girl had no idea what she was doing and I ended up with the wrong meal it took 40 min for my daughters and mine was another 30mins after the stuff up ( a cold thia beef salad that was nothing like the menu described ) still got charged full for both. I called the front twice before I got onto someone as I wanted a candle in my daughters breakfast I was told there are busy they will call back in five minutes 25 minutes later a lady called back and said someone else would call long store short a girl showed up at the room with a candle yet again clearly the staff have no comprehension. ( and yes I had tryed to organise this early in the week but no one answered the phone ) final straw my daughter wanted to watch a movie ( no digital channels in rooms ) the tv looks like its snowing ! I tryed to call the manager no one answered the phone so I got the girl who brought the room service up to please send the manager up . I got a call ten minutes later. He said sorry its a busy weekend family's are welcome blah blah he asked what I wanted to make my stay enjoyable I requested all I wanted was a candle in my daughters breakfast in the morning . Guess what ? No candle no one know anything of it , I asked a nice girl and she put a candle in a donut . Long story short this hotel should and could be wonder great rooms great view great location door staff wonder food at breakfast good but customer service is shocking and cleaning staff need to up the game !

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Bweabwea
Dear Sharon S,

I do apologise for any service shortfalls that you experienced during your stay. I understand that our Executive Assistant Manager Paul Seaman has called you to further discuss this.

I would also like to share with you that we are currently installing state-of-the-art televisions in our rooms and updating our TV channels, which will offer a wider variety for our guests.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed in the Club rooms. This is definitely worth the extra dollars. Great breakfast in a quiet atmosphere, Loved the drinks and food from 5.30 - 8pm. Rooms are very clean and well maintained. The staff we encountered could not have been more helpful or friendly. Hotel is close to many tourist activities. Will definitely stay here on our next visit to Sydney. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go the extra mile and stay in the Club Rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear RayS123_11,

It was great to see that you took advantage of our Club experience and the benefits it offers. Thank you also for highlighting our central location. PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is close to some of Sydney's premier attractions as well as the city's best bars and restaurants.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I've stayed here a several times in the last 5 years. It is very central to my business in Sydney CBD and a short walk to Chinatown and other places to eat. The renovations to the hotel have reall y made a difference, from the foyer to the rooms, the overall improvements are noticable. My most recent stay was in a Club level room and the decor and ammenities were great.
Good location
Very good room
Good price
Thanks

Room Tip: West facing rooms on a high level have a superior outlook.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear Peter S,

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel. As part of our ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences we completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment in February 2013. The refurbishment included enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars, event spaces, gymnasium as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby. The refresh has reflected the individuality of our location and provided a modern, comfortable and supportive guest environment. Also as part of our product upgrade, we will be implementing new pillows, duvets and beds to ensure extra comfort for all of our guests as well as new state-of-the-art televisions.