“Overnight business stay.”

Ranked #23 of 176 Hotels in Sydney
Albion Park, Australia
“Overnight business stay.”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hotel is in a good location for those wanting to visit Darling Harbour and Sydney central.
The room was a good size for two to 3 people and was clean, mine had two double beds. Unfortunately the pillows were very large which made sleeping a bit uncomfortable.
The bathroom was clean and well presented, but for those who want a hair dryer you should bring your own as the room does not cater for this. I should mention the shower head as it is a big as a dinner plate.
For anyone who is looking for a long stay you will have trouble with finding anywhere to hang or store your clothing as there is a lack of storage.
The motel has busy motorways around it but I could not hear the traffic noise at night.
The staff were friendly and ensured that my bag was in the room as soon as it became available. You should take advantage of the Valet Parking as the price is as good as any other in this area, if not better.
The breakfast was as standard as most hotels, having a reasonable range of selections.

1 Thank Mark C
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Mark C,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated our great location as well as our refurbished rooms which we are very proud of.

I would like to share with you that we have hairdryers in each of the guests rooms and these can be found in the top of the wardrobe. Also, we are about to add additional storage facilities for guests, allowing a more comfortable environment.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for providing a positive review.

Warm Regards,

Craig Bond

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Johannesburg
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The Parkroyal, Darling harbour is very well situated, close to the beautiful Darling waterfront.
The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. I found that it was very centrally situated and perfect to explore the city from there.
My only concern was that i have to agree with worldly2013 in saying that the lack of drawers in the cupboards was somewhat strange.

However my overall experience was really good - first class place and ready to reccommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lefthandseat
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Dear lefthandseat,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. The responses our guests provide us with are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your business or leisure travels.

Kind Regards

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Once again I was booked in by my company to this hotel and once again the service let me down.

I have written a review around 6 months ago on this property and upon checking in this time, I thought the feedback must have been read as the girl at check-in informed me I had been put in a club room and had been given access to the club lounge for breakfast and evening drinks / canapes. It was a good start, and the room, facing the city, was brilliant, quiet and comfortable.

Breakfast in the club room was accessed by my room key and was quite a good selection. However, when I returned to the club room in the evening and had poured myself a drink, I was asked for my room number, which I provided. The girl then came back about 2 mins later asking for my full name and room number, which I again provided. Another 2 mins later she asked the same thing, saying that she had to check a list. 2 mins later she came back and said I was not on the list and would have to leave - I discussed with her that during check-in I had been informed I HAD been given club access and that surely if I wasn't supposed to be there, my room key shouldn't access the lounge. Despite this, I was told I was not welcome, and to have this happen in front of colleagues was highly embarrassing.

I simply cannot recommend this place.

2 Thank Cottboy
Perth
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The extremities of constant traffic noise (being over the busy freeways) make it almost impossible to sleep as the rooms don’t have double glazing, plus the lack of any drawers in the rooms to enable unpacking your suitcase if you plan to stay more than one night, plus the lack of a reasonable sized wardrobe or hanging space in the rooms.

After prepaying in excess of $315.00 per night based on a Qantas 4 star recommendation, we believed we would at least have the basics for a 5 night stay. Sadly this wasn't to be. In other words don't prepay Qantas and assume you are getting the best.

We have traveled extensively not just in Australia, but around the world and have never encountered a hotel room 'anywhere' that didn’t provide some basic drawer space, similarly where traffic noise was an issue the hotel windows had always been double glazed or double sashes and door seals had always been installed. Unfortunately this wasn’t the case at the newly renovated Parkroyal in Sydney.
One further point of observation was the lack of a hotel services directory in any of the rooms.

After complaining to the manager who was extremely compassionate, we were upgraded to the Club Rooms floor at the back of the hotel away from serious traffic noise, and where basic facilities are provided as standard.

As a consolation to the hotel, I would like to pass comment that the breakfast was excellent, the general decor throughout was very good and all of the hotel staff were extremely polite, friendly and very helpful - a true asset to hotel management.

Room Tip: Avoid bookings on the top floor - it hasn't been renovated. Also avoid bookings on the Darling...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Worldly2013,

I would like to share with you that we will be adding extra drawers and storage in our guest rooms, adding extra comfort for our guests.

I do apologise that you were unable to find a hotel services directory in your room. A full hotel directory can be found on our televisions, but we will be adding a physical hotel directory into our rooms shortly.

I thank you again for your feedback and do hope that you might consider staying at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the future.

Warm Regards

Green Point, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This property is brilliant in every way shape and form. From the minute you arrive, you have the feeling that the hotel is first class and that the team are really there to make your stay the best possible, no matter if it is for business or pleasure.
The rooms are stunning, all have been refurbished to an unbelievable high standard, fitted with the best possible inclusions and creature comforts.
If you get a chance dine in the restaurant, the meals are A++ grade, the quality and presentation is equal if not better to any of the high class restaurants in the CBD. The food coupled with the service and the choice of wine makes the experience unbelievably good.
Naturally the proximity to Darling Harbour and the CBD is a win win situation.
Honestly I cannot recommend this hotel high enough, it is just is the best in Sydney.
When I need to stay in Sydney for business or pleasure, the only choice is the Park Royal.

Room Tip: High Floor, over looking Darling Harbour is you are at the property with the family. If not all the...
Dear Pete C,

Thank you so much for highlighting our excellent location - PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is close to some of Sydney's premier attractions, bars and restaurants.

We have an ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences for all of our guests and I was pleased to note that you found our facilities and services excellent.

Once again, I was delighted to hear your feedback and I will make sure that this is communicated to all of our teams.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future.

Warm Regards

Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The hotel was very nice. The concierge desk and reception could not have been nicer or more helpful. The gymnasium was the best in any hotel we have stayed. We were on the 9th floor with access to the club lounge. It was well worth the extra $ because the lounge is open 6:30am-9pm and it includes Breakfast, evening drinks and food as well as free internet in the room. The bed and pillows were so comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear jschaberg,

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel. As part of our ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences we completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment in February. The refurbishment included enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars, event spaces, gymnasium as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby. Also as part of our product upgrade, we implemented new pillows, duvets and state-of-the-art televisions to ensure extra comfort for all of our guests.

Kind Regards

Suva, Central, Fiji
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Great food, friendly staff, cozy and excellent rooms, complete facilities, nearby malls, and everything you would ask for in your second home is in the famous and first-class, The Park-royal Hotel. Even though I only got to experience the cheapest but also of high-class room, I enjoyed the glamour of the place and felt like a very important guest.

First to talk about is the food. "Wow!" I think this expression summarizes everything about the food and in room service. Almost every kind of breakfast food was served in the buffet. I was amazed by the food, delicious juices, and the unfamiliar fruits that taste so good, not to mention the excellent staff that assisted me. My stay atParkroyal was really awesome and satisfying.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear JosaiaCama,

Thank you so much for highlighting our excellent location - PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is close to some of Sydney's premier attractions such as China Town and Darling Harbour with a number of the city's best bars and restaurants nearby.

We have an ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences for all of our guests and I am glad that you found our facilities and services excellent.

I was also pleased to note that you enjoyed our expansive breakfast buffet in BARKERS restaurant and that our staff were attentive throughout your stay.

I hope that we can welcome you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future.

Warm Regards,