“Fantastic accomodation, great location!”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #23 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne
“Fantastic accomodation, great location!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for one night in a King Club room. Great service, great room! They have some fantastic deals on the club rooms, totally worth the upgrade!

The club lounge was great, with lovely views! The twilight drinks are a lovely way to relax after a long day! Breakfast was excellent with a good variety of options!

Could not fault anything!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I agree with your statement, that our Club rooms are well worth the upgrade. At the end of the day, it is a treat to be able to unwind with a drink and some canapés, while admiring the view.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for providing such a positive review.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the ParkRoyal Darling Harbour for one night with our two children. The hotel and room were clean and modern, and nicely furnished. We stayed in a room with two double beds which was perfect for the kids to share, and spacious enough for the four of us. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom had a shower and separate bath. The buffet breakfast was excellent, with a great selection of foods and drinks. The only downside to the hotel was the view of the overpass, however if you're not staying in the room it doesn't matter too much.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent visit to Sydney. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you and your family found our rooms comfortable and modern.

I am also delighted that you appreciated our breakfast buffet. Our Food & Beverage team work hard to ensure that the buffet offers a wide variety of dishes, to suit our guests’ different tastes and preferences.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your business or leisure travels.

Sydney
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We booked our reservation for a one night stay through Expedia instead of directly through the hotel.

After reading a few reviews on here, my level of expectations had dropped a little and I was just hoping for the best!

When we arrived, we were greeted with Stanley to check us in. He was friendly and made us feel very welcomed - he even upgraded our rooms (without us asking!) for no additional costs. Our room was room 809 (8th floor, two levels from the top!) and I was very impressed with the room. It was spotless and very modern. Absolutely loved the kingsized bed as it was a real king! We've been to hotels that stick two single beds together and call it a king. My partner thought the pillows were a bit hard but I liked them. They sink in with pressure but are slightly firm.

It's such a great sized hotel room, very spacious. Adored the large shower head too!

Theres a glass section in the bathroom that actually gives you a perfect view of the TV from the toilet! Not sure if that's what it's meant for but I thought it was awesome haha.

Overall great experience and will definitely stay here again. Location is perfect!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank amiejayx

I was delighted to hear of your positive experience with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed your complimentary room upgrade. The look and feel of our guest rooms is something we take great pride in and work hard to maintain at a high level. The view from the 8th floor, also offers a spectacular view of Darling Harbour, which I am glad you were able to enjoy.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I generally stay at the Parkroyal Parramatta for business but this time due to a trade fair stayed in Darling Harbor, the rooms are big, the location great (chinatown just there, the cbd just there and Darling harbor just there).
Big beds, I didnt love the pillows but that is a personal choice thing however the breakfast is great, hot buffet, loads of fruit, baked items, cereals and japanese as well as chinese things like dumplings miso and congee.

Some colleagues had dinners there as well and said the meals were great, I took the opportunity to walk everywhere mentioned above and eat out. In all a great hotel, would stay again. Oh yeah, a good gym, lots of treadmills, most hotels have one or 2 this place has 5-6.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank CultOfOne
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 15 June 2014

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel, with particular regard to our proximity to local attractions and the guest rooms.

I was also delighted to read that you were able to enjoy our restaurant and the variety of cuisine on offer. Our variety is something that we take great pride in as it allows our guests to sample foods from their favourite countries, as well as try something new.

sydney
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were warmly greeted at the door. Check in was friendly and courteous. Delivery of luggage to room was fast. Room was comfortable and spotlessly clean. Staff we encountered were all friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Book a darling harbour view room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

I was delighted to hear of your positive experience with us and that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed your room. The look and feel of our guest rooms is something we take great pride in and work hard to maintain at a high level.

Wagga Wagga
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Upon arrive I paid $300 security bond for the 3 nights I stayed and 3 weeks on I'm still waiting on it to be returned to my account. After numerous phone calls to the hotel asking what is going on, they reply with it should be in there. I've spoke to the bank. And gone over and over my accounts with the bank and no money has been returned. Asked for a simple email twice to two separate email accounts with the details on when the money was returned. And still have not received an ounce of detail about it. I will never stay at this hotel again. I had no problems paying, but when I don't get my money returned that's not on it's stealing.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Wales1194
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 22 June 2014

With regard to your security bond, I would like to apologise for the delay and invite you to contact myself directly if the issue has not yet been resolved.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your travels.

Queensland
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We recently did the Hiltons executive level and found the Park Royal had one too. So we were only going to be here for a couple of nights and treated ourselves to their Executive Level. Obviously we had a benchmark to measure it against and what we found was far better than you would first think, the room was stunning, huge bed, plenty of space, great view of the harbour ( Darling ), we were on level 8 in room 817. The bathroom was also huge, large Shower with two options the large shower head above or the handheld one. We had too very comfortable nights, the bed was lovely, cosy and comfortable. Now we normally bring a couple of bottles of wine with us to have a tipple before we go out but the fridge here was a problem, we had to rearrange it to get the bottles in! Having said that you have access to the Lounge for free drinks and nibbles, so don’t bother bringing any. The lounge is very nice, on the 9th floor. Usual selection of wines and beers but what made this different was the volume of cooked foods, the Hilton may have one and sometime two but here there was large pots of different meals, the best was a Seafood Chowder / Stew with Barra and prawns, it was to die for, so fresh, Fish cooked perfectly. The other major difference was the Breakfast, streets ahead of the Hiltons, gourmet products, plenty of options, artisan breads and pastries. I would however suggest you maybe ask for a room not directly under the Lounge, because the chairs are being dragged around, cutlery dropping on the floor, cleaning in the wee small hours tends to wake you up. The place is close to the Shopping Malls and Chinatown, we arrived by Train at the Town Hall station which was a short downhill walk to the Hotel, the staff are very friendly and helpful, I would definitely come to this hotel again and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not directly under the Club Lounge
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated our fantastic Club Lounge and facilities. We take great pride in the refurbishments to our guest rooms and Club Lounge, and am pleased that you enjoyed the variety of food and drinks available, as well as the size of the room.