“Short visit”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #25 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
“Short visit”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Highly recommend this hotel. Close to amenities such as Darling Harbour where there is lots to do. Hotel service was exceptional, food was fantastic and the room was very comfortable and inviting. Would definitely visit again

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you found your room to be so inviting. The look and feel of our guest rooms is something we take great pride in and work hard to maintain at a high level.

I would also like to thank you for mentioning our central location. We take great pride in our proximity to local attractions, Darling Harbour and the CBD. It provides ease of access for both our corporate and leisure guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future.

Warm Regards

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I seldom write reviews these days (I try not to over react to bad experiences and want to keep the good places to myself!) but I have to make an exception in this case.

Firstly, payment was taken upfront despite my instructions not to (to be fair, this was the fault of hotels.com).

On arrival, I waited for twenty minutes (in a queue of two people) to start check in (which took another fifteen minutes). Finally, I got to my room (along a very dark and dingy corridor) and discovered that my room had an ill-fitting connecting door to another room (I had not been advised that this was the case - a pet hate). Through the door I could hear two drunks loudly discussing the very loud tv.

I complained to reception and was told that there were no other rooms to move to as the hotel was full (presumably of people who'd never had the misfortune to stay there before); their solution was that the manager would "swing by" and ask my neighbours to be quiet.

I did something I have never done before; I walked out of the hotel, jumped into a cab, and went to another hotel!

It's now almost a week since I sent an email of complaint, asking for a refund. The hotel has not even had the courtesy to reply. Frankly, I'm not surprised - it confirms my view that their approach to customer service is just not to bother..

5 Thank Captivep
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. The responses our guests provide us with are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your unpleasant experiences at our hotel. After some investigation, I have found that upon your arrival, our system was unfortunately down. This was the cause for the delay in processing your check-in. It is unfortunate when these things happen, however it is unfortunately out of our control.

I have also spoken with our team, and have ensured that a more detailed response to your original enquiry will be sent to you shortly.

With regard to the interconnecting door and the noise from the next room; I apologise that the interconnecting door was not mentioned to you prior to your arrival in the room; however I am pleased to let you know that the hotel is part-way through a soundproofing project. Once completed this will reduce the level of noise heard around the guest rooms.

Concerning the noise from the room next to yours; when the hotel is fully booked, unfortunately we cannot move other guests around; as such the course of action of asking the guests to be quite was the next available action that could have been taken to improve your comfort. I am disappointed that you felt that this was not a satisfactory action to have taken.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor your constructive feedback. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future and to restoring your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Such a great stay, the location, right on Darling Harbor. From the moment we walked in we were made to feel so welcome. Room was comfortable and had such a nice day for the one night, just next time we will stay longer!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel, with particular regard to our convenient location and friendly team. It is sad that you were only staying for one night. When you next come back, you should stay for a few nights and truly experience what our hotel and team has to offer.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your travels.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights before our cruise. the hotel is located close to Darling Harbour. we were well looked after and the there was problems when we arrived with giving us a double bed and we needed to singles and it was dealt with in minutes thank you

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 17 August 2014

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our team members ensured that you were well looked after before your cruise.

With regard to the confusion on the beds, I would like to offer my sincere apologies; however, I am very pleased that our team was able to able to correct it so quickly for you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next business or leisure trip.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of staying here @ 5 times in 4 years

I used to like the hotel pre refurb but post refurb it is even better. Stay are excellent and the room even the ones out the back are comfortable

Breakfast is awesome love the juicing station

Location is excellent for darling harbour but a bit of a hike to circular quay

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our refurbishments. The look and feel of our guest rooms is something we take great pride in and work hard to maintain at a high level.

It is also pleasing to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and the juicing station. Our Food and Beverage team work diligently to try to provide a large variety of foods, while at the same time allowing the guests to access the other beverage stations with ease.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor .We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The PARKROYAL is well located and equipped with all the latest facilities. It is a pleasure to stay with people that welcome your custom! I was unaware of the facility and forced here because of lack of availability in the area I normally stay. I will for sure come back here in future.

Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 14 August 2014

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. We take great pride in the hotels’ proximity to local attractions and the bustling CBD. It makes the hotel a fantastic choice for both our leisure and corporate guests.

I am also pleased that you found our staff to be courteous and friendly. Our dedicated team members love dealing with different types of individuals and providing as much personal service as possible.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Nice place to stay for only a couple of nights when on business. Everything catered for, rooms were very spacious and the bed comfortable. Only downfall was the shower was a bit tricky with temperature but some minor maintenance would fix this.

Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent business visit. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our dedicated team were able to make you feel comfortable and well looked after.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed the modern and spaciousness of your room. The look and feel of our guest rooms is something we take great pride in and work hard to maintain at a high level.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.