“Nice”

Manor House Boutique Hotel Sydney
Ranked #123 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel in October 2013. Very well located, is 5 minutes walk from Hyde Park. The hotel is quiet, nice and clean. Staff very welcoming and friendly.
However, it could be a little cheaper, and the cooked breakfast could be better with more options.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I searched for accommodation near where my daughter lives in Surrey Hills so we could spend as much time together as possible. The location of the Manor House was ideal and easy for catching Taxi's and transport. The Hotel itself is cute and very homely. I felt very safe and comfortable which is important as a solo female traveler. The security is excellent. I stayed in a room on the first floor toward the back of the hotel. It was ideal, quiet and comfy. The location of the Hotel is fantastic. I walked to Paddington and spent a wonderful day of shopping and spa treatment. Fabulous restaurants were also close by which made my experience with my daughter extremely pleasant. I really enjoyed my 2 day stay and felt it was very good value for money. The only problem I did have was the wifi signal was very weak and consequently I could not connect to the internet and I could not receive or send emails. Also the Hotel restaurant was very average.
Based on the whole experience, I will definitely be staying here again! I'll leave my laptop at home next time. Thank you :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel on the first floor. it is quieter and the rooms seem more p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 10am after two very long flights from the UK. The staff could not have been more helpful. They offered to look after our suitcases and suggested we went to a cafe up a side street and come back in about an hour when our room would be ready at no extra cost. We got our room around 11am. After showering, the reception staff were really helpful again, giving us directions, with aid of a local map, of where to buy a day bus ticket and which bus to get on to take us to the harbour where all the siteseeing trips go from. We found the bed comfortable and room quiet but quite honestly nothing would have woken us up after the long flight! The bathroom was a bit dated but it had all the facilities, was clean and everything worked. We stayed two nights. If you like Victorian buildings then this one is for you. I agree with others that the breakfast is ok but could be better. Not overly keen on plastic cheese and tin fruit, no facilities for cooked breakfast, but there was a toaster. Interestingly, in the public lounge there are lots of photos of famous people who had stayed at the hotel, some dating back to the 1960's. Noticed that lots of them looked very young, no recent photos of any celebreties though!

Room Tip: Good sized double L-shaped room called "Edward Barton" on the first floor recommended. It...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here for one night, as an alternative to the normal Novotel, or Vibe option I usually go with when staying in Sydney for work. It was fantastic! Very homely, friendly service, and really made you feel like you were in a home rather then a hotel. Would absolutely recommend, and will be back again soon! Love it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It was Ok, best thing about hotel was the position. It is a very tired looking hotel and is in need of an upgrade.....Staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a king suite and on the ground floor. You could hear a lot of noise from the room above.... Not a bad hotel and a lot better than most, but in need of some sprucing up.

Room Tip: Stay up stairs as it might be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013

When i book a twin room, and the hotel accepts my booking, I expect a twin room.

I don't expect to be called a half an hour before check in to say that they've double booked and yadda yadda yadda. There is NO excuse for doing this. It's NOT brain surgery to mark off the room as booked so as to avoid double-booking.

When either my wife or I have to sleep on the floor because of the messed up booking, AND we have to pay for the privilege, it's NOT acceptable. Add to that the fact that the apologetic staff said that they would discount the room, and then FAILED to do so is just poor management.

The breakfast is poor to middling. The cheese offered is that "plastic" bright orange cheese slices that are probably the genesis of the next mutant race of humans that will dominate the earth. The help yourself coffee is that filtered "stuff" that was typical decades ago.
Cereal choice is poor. No eggs etc.

For nearly $200 a night I'd like the bed I reserve, and at least a decent coffee! Pod machines are cheap enough to invest in.

The staff is very pleasant, but failure on the critical stuff = failure to satisfy the customer.

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MichaelZZZ
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel is very cute , like a little manor , very British .
There is a nice lounge were you can rest, watch TV , drink free coffee or tea .
The only thing the room is quite small not so much place to open your suitcase but charming with old furniture where they even hide the mini bar ....
The breakfast is included but nothing fancy , not even eggs .
A good choice of restaurant not far and many clubs for gay people , we didn't knew that when we booked .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple