Manor House Boutique Hotel Sydney
Medusa(Sydney)
  • Room Service
57 Hotel(Sydney)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscontinental breakfastoxford streetsurry hillsreception closessigned photoslovely comfy bedcommunal loungebusy roaddecent bathroomhotel has a great locationwalkable distancea bit tiredstayed here for one nightwatch tvwould stay againcafes and restaurantsroom key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here and found the staff very helpful and obliging.
The room was well appointed and comfortable.
At atmosphere was relaxed, friendly and inviting – a welcome change from the larger hotel chains.
A good selection of wines are avalable on site - with local bottle shops and restaurants only 2 minutes walk.
We will be staying there again and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a nice Sydney experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well appointed and quiet even though you are right on Flinders Street. Off street parking is very limited - only 4 spaces for the entire hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

An great hotel with very helpful and friendly staff, the breakfast is adequate and not all the rooms have safes in, so specify if you need one.
Great position for buses, train station and Sydney Cricket Ground.
We had a great pizza delivered to the hotel one evening as no restaurant, price list is in the room.
Would we stay again? most definitely :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Manor House and it did not disappoint. Close to buses, easy walk to some lovely restaurants, and Alliance Stadium.
Staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Room was well appointed, bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed at this lovely hotel last weekend. My husband and I were charmed from the minute we stepped into the hotel. The counter staff was polite and helpful, stored our luggage for us while we dashed out to visit Hunter Valley. When we returned in the evening, our luggage was in the room, and the room was cool from the air-conditioning that has been left on.
The shower was great as water pressure was good and temperature control was easy. The bed was large and comfortable, and we were not disturbed by outside noise though the hotel was next to a main road! Wifi was free and the signal in the room was not bad.
The hotel provided an English breakfast which was adequate, and coffee was good. The breakfast place has an easy, relaxing feel, and we took our time, soaking in the Victorian ambience. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This small hotel is in a perfect location to enjoy the Sydney Cricket Ground and football stadium and I had 2 nights here. My room was small but adequate with superb decorating including chandelier, prints and some furniture. The ensuite was tiny but worked and was again beautifully appointed. Every staff member I dealt with was pleasant and accommodating and the buffet continental breakfast was a nice surprise. There were 2 downsides. Firstly inadequate parking, so after a 4 hour drive to get there I had to drive around the streets looking for unrestricted parking over night and into the next day. The solution is don't bring your own car. Secondly, I was on the ground floor and had an elephant in the room above me who seemed to randomly stomp feet till nearly 1am and again from 5 am. Being an older building with timber and plaster construction this noise creaked and reverberated into my room disturbing my sleep.

Room Tip: Choose the second floor just in case an insomniac elephant books in at the same time.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo