“Highly Recommended...10/10!”

Ranked #61 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Highly Recommended...10/10!”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This hotel is convenient for the following:
-Attention to detail; the rooms have all the basic essentials with excellent appliances (TV, stereo, white goods etc)
-Cleanliness
-Decor; furniture, design
-Staff; prompt check in and check out, answering the phone
-Food; Bills restaurant is the best!
-Price; very reasonable considering you're a few mins walk to the heart of Sydney

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Joseph S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Surry Hills, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Alex A

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. The team at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown St are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It gives us great pleasure to read you found our team to be attentive as this is the service they aim so hard to achieve.
We all look forward to welcoming you once again to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown St.

Many thanks once again

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown St

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Quezon city
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My family & I stayed at the Adina Apartment hotel last April 10-16 and were so happy that we chose to stay here over a regular hotel in the CBD area as we have done before. Sydney accommodations have become so expensive over these past few years & they normally take only 2 to a room so Adina was truly good value for our money as we got a spacious 2BR apartment that sleeps 5 for the price of 2 lower priced hotel rooms. The apartment had 2 bathrooms ( a rarity in Australia ), 3 TVs, a spacious open living & dining space, a good sized kitchen with everything basic needed for cooking & dining in ( including a dishwasher ), a washing machine, an iron complete with board, etc. Adina also appealed to us aesthetically as it's interiors & furnishings are very modern, with clean lines.
Service was quite good also as they would clean the apartment daily & even do the few remaining dishes we left sometimes! Towels were changed daily if you so wish. We had a little bit of a problem with the room safe ( it wouldn't open up on our 6th day ) & their Maintenance couldn't get it to open up as well after several tries. That gave us a bit of a worry as we were on our way out for the day and were leaving very early the next day for our flight back home (our passports, cash & jewelry were in the safe). The Adina reception staff promptly assured us that they would call in their safe 'expert' to come in on a Sunday & that they would have someone supervise the opening of our safe so as to safeguard our valuables. Sure enough, when we got home late that evening, we found a note in our apartment with the new combination # and all our valuables intact!
Lastly, a big added plus is its Crown St address. We have 2 daughters studying in Sydney uni & they highly recommended this Surry Hills location as it has a LOT of quaint shops that sell vintage clothing, art galleries, artsy bookstores, great pubs & restos.. very New Yorky Soho feel.
I got a great vintage buy here ( am not telling what! ) that totally made my trip worth it. So, if you want to experience a little bit more of the regular 'Sydney lifestyle' as per the touristy 'Sydney' hotel experience, then book the Adina!

Room Tip: Book a higher floor room facing the pool
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank marga_philippines
Joseph S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Surry Hills, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear marga_philippines,

Thank you for the time you have taken to you review your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown St. My self and the team are delighted to read you and your family enjoyed your time with us.
Travelling with a family can be expensive especially in the case were you have to book two hotel rooms. At Adina our two bedroom apartments are great value as it gives the space and facilities a family needs, without having to separate the family holiday across two separate rooms. We are glad you had the opportunity to experience our Adina concept providing our guest’s a “Home Away From Home” still giving the feel you are staying in a stylish hotel.
It was great to read you got to experience our location Surry Hills; it is very unique. Many of our overseas travelers depart saying that staying in Surry Hills is a better option than staying right in the heart of the city because of the amount of restaurants , shops, cafes and galleries we have, but yet a short walk to the CBD.
The team was pleased to hear you found them friendly and helpful. We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Crown St, Surry Hills soon!

Many thanks once again!

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Crown St, Surry Hills
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed there last weekend and had a blast. We had a two bedroom apartment which was spacious and comfortable. It had a lovely view of downtown Sydney and the pool. We each had our own balcony and bathrooms. I really like the area as well. Lots of nice cafes and resturants and pubs. Everything is within walking distance. We parked the car in a secured garage and didnt take it out until departure. We were able to walk to the rugby game and we were able to walk to central station easily as well. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Marcus R
Joseph S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Surry Hills, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Marcus R

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. Reading your review brings much delight to me and the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown St. We are all pleased to hear you and your friend enjoyed your stay and the inclusions of your two bedroom apartment. Our city view apartments do have a lovely outlook of the city, you able to enjoy the views whilst sitting on the balconies. The city of Sydney at night is spectacular we are glad you had the opportunity to experience this whilst staying with us.
Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown St soon.

Warm Regards,

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We had a 2 bedroom (w 2 bathrooms) apartment and it was very good value for 4 people to split the cost. The apartment was spacious and clean and didn't feel stale or too 'business-y', as many such apartments do. The location is great; not far from Central train station, a walk to some good parks and a quick/cheap cab ride to most places. The best thing for us was that good food was so close! Bill's Restaurant is on the ground floor - amazing for breakfast (or anything), Luke Nguyen's Red Lantern is a few mins' walk down the road and the excellent Berta restaurant is about a 10min walk away. Our room was pretty high up, overlooking the (very nice, big) pool and lush gardens and the Sydney skyline. I probably wouldn't want to be on a very low level floor or face onto Crown St as it's a super-busy road.

Room Tip: high up, facing the pool direction would be best
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Netski66
Dear Netski66,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. Myself and the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. The Adina concept aims to provide our guests with a “home away from”, still giving the feeling you are staying in a stylish hotel and providing all the services a hotel offers; judging from your feedback you and your group experienced this.
The hotel is surrounded by Sydney’s most renowned restaurants and bars we are happy you had the opportunity to venture out and explore these venues. Next time you stay don’t forget you can order room service from “Bills” so you don’t even have to take the lift down to the ground level.
Many thanks once again and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Crown St soon!

Warm Regards

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Crown St, Surry Hills
melbourne
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Location is everything - Crown St Surry Hills is just a 10 min walk via Oxford St to Hyde Park and 15 Min Bus (301) to Circulr Quay
Good choice of restaurants within walking distance and the very good Bills (Grainger) downstairs for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Request a room not overlooking Crown St - a bit quieter, but not a huge problem.
Comfortable, clean - maybe a little dated but very acceptable at the price.
Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Not overlooking Crown St
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Joseph S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Surry Hills, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear MelbourneGazza

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. My self and the team at Adina Crown St are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that you found our hotel clean, comfortable and well positioned.
Adina Crown St does have one of the most desired addresses in Sydney, with Surry Hills famous restaurants and bars and stone’s throw away, yet just a short walk or bus ride to the city.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown St.

Kind Regards

exeter
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Booked the Adina for 3 nights for our family of 2 adults and 3 kids. The apartment itself was fine, well equipped and a good size for us all with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, tv's in all rooms which is great when you have kids.Location was good easy enough to walk into the city. Now to the negatives, the room was not clean, my duvet cover had blood on it, it was dealt with on request but really not good, there was no hot water again dealt with on request but not what you need after we had been on a flight for over 24 hours having to wait a couple of hours for hot water and a handyman in and out. The toilet seat had the remains of the person before!! I had at this point had enough of contacting reception so washed it off myself. Everything in the apartment felt grubby, not what I expected at all. The pool was freezing and looked dirty. The place needs cleaning and maintaining more thoroughly or more people will be leaving negative feedback.

Room Tip: Request a city view room much quieter, the rooms on Crown street must have been noisy as it's a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Workinmum66,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. I am glad to hear you found the room to be well equipped and spacious. I sincerely apologise that you had a negative experience with the housekeeping provided during your stay. I can assure that I have followed this up directly with our housekeeping manager and it is not the typical service at Adina on Crown St. I’m pleased to hear the shortfalls in service were dealt with in a prompt fashion.
Please contact me directly to discuss any of your concerns in detail. I would like to personally apologise and have the opportunity to welcome you back to Adina; assuring your next stay with us you experience the true Adina service.

Warm Regards,

Adina Apartment Hotel Crown St, Sydney
Scotland
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have stayed at the Adina (ex-Medina) apart-hotel on many occasions; why? Because it is in Surrey Hills with loads of good restaurants; because I get a washing machine to wash my clothes on a long trip; because I can buy local produce and make myself a meal.

So what is my grouse? The place feels grubby and tired; the bathroom floor has not been washed; my feet get black if I walk barefoot on the carpet. The frequency of replacement of household items is inconsistent: one face flannel (for 2 guests) one day, none the next. Dishwasher powder one day, none the next. Broadband (for which I pay) Day 1 – none, Day 2 it works fine, Day 3 none. No spare toilet roll so we run out, and so on.

There are never any plugs for the basins, neither in the bathroom nor the kitchen. There are no lamps in the sitting room so we are bathed in a cold overhead light reflecting off the mushroom coloured walls. The “art” consists of a massive photo of the grubby end of a glacier; cold, slushy, like snow at the beginning of spring.

The broken light fitting dangles from the cable out of the bathroom ceiling; the shower diverter sends 2/3rds of the water into the bath; the basin tap is broken. There are archaeological remains screwed into the bathroom and bedroom walls from long vanished fitments.

Don’t expect a check out time later than 11.00 unless you pay A$60 per hour. The baggage storage is in the corner of the office so not particularly secure.

The Adina is on busy Crown Street, so the traffic noise is significant unless you pay a premium for a courtyard room.

So why do I stay here? 1 Washing machine & tumble dryer. 2 My own kitchen dining space. 3 close to decent restaurants and food shops and walking distance from my office. I will come back but please spend some money on the place soon. I reported all the faults shown here so hopefully they will be fixed by the time the next guest arrives.

Room Tip: Avoid the noisier rooms on Crown Street. The best ones overlook the inner courtyard and pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Butterstoneman
Joseph S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Surry Hills, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Butterstoneman

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, at Adina on Crown we encourage all feedback as this gives us the opportunity to improve our guest experience.
I was disappointed to read your comments regarding housekeeping and I would like to assure this is not indicative of the standard of the rooms at Adina and apologise for our shortfall on this occasion. I appreciate this feedback as the Hotel Manager, my main priority is providing a clean and high quality product and exceptional customer service.
As our guest internet is provided from an external company. I have passed your comments regarding its reliability to our provider who will come out to the Hotel and conduct another audit to ensure the coverage is adequate to service our guests.
Thank you for notifying us of the maintenance issues in your room. We have a fulltime maintenance team if you have any issues in future stays please do not hesitate to contact reception in order for us to deal with the issue as soon as possible to ensure your stay is more comfortable.
Thanks to feedback such as yours and from other guests, I can happily advise that we have now added additional face cloths to all rooms.
Our normal checkout time is at 10am however we do try to accommodate all guests’ requests. The hotel runs on very high occupancy whilst we can accommodate an 11am late checkout free of charge in most cases, there is a charge beyond this time.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order for me to personally ensure your next stay is more enjoyable and to discuss your concerns in more detail.
Look forward to hearing from you or meeting you in person on your next stay.

Many thanks once again

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Crown Street
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall
Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Surry Hills? Share your experiences!