“Nice place for visiting Sydney”

Regents Court Sydney
Ranked #15 of 144 Speciality Lodging in Sydney
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in an apartment. The apartment is wel equipped and close to Harris Farm Market (a real asset!) and a german coffeeshop (with very good cappucinos). It is in the Kings Cross area but we had no troubles. The hospitality is very good: our fan in apt 42 started making noise but it was immediatedly repaired! Also it was no trouble printing our boarding passes for our next flight. The view from the rooftop is excellent: on al clear day you can see part of Harbour Bridge.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Regents C, Front Office Manager at Regents Court Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Levensgenietstet,
Thank you for leaving a review of Regents Court. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed you stay. We were even very pleased to read that our team were very attentive and were able to help you with any requests you had, during your stay. We pride ourselves on service at Regents Court and it is fantastic to hear that this is being appreciated.
We were also glad to read that you enjoyed some of the features of the hotel, as well as the area. Potts Point is home to many of Sydney’s best café’s and bars; we are spoilt for choice!
Did you know that our guests can access the local Anytime Fitness centre? This is a complimentary benefit of staying at Regents Court.
We hope to have you stay again in the near future!
Best wishes,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

First of all, I will say that I was mostly happy with my stay at Regents Court. The studio room was quite large and featured a separate kitchen / breakfast area. As the building is historic, not everything is modern, such as the elevator as mentioned in some reviews. I did not find this a problem whatsoever.

The downsides to the hotel include:

1) It is not full-service. The information found on Orbitz did NOT indicate that rooms were not cleaned daily. For our four night stay, they were only made up one time.

2) The hotel was without bathmats for two days -- we had to ask for extra hand towels to be used instead.

3) A light in the room burned out one day during our stay tripping a circuit breaker. As we discovered this after the front desk had closed, we realized the room had no phone to place a call to the sister property located about 10 minutes away by walking. Luckily, we found the circuit breaker and were able to reset it on our own.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Regents C, Front Office Manager at Regents Court Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear stljettabo,
Thank you kindly for leaving you review of Regents Court. We appreciate your feedback and I’m sure readers will do too.
We were so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay! Our rooms are quite spacious and come with everything you need to live like a local, while in Sydney.
Thank you for pointing out that our rooms are not serviced every day. We will be reviewing every online channel we are listed on, to ensure this is communicated clearly to future guests. We are also able to offer extra servicing upon request.
We must apologies for not leaving a bath mat every day. We have discussed this with housekeeping to ensure that they pay more attention to this. We would also like to apologies for the light bulb that burned out during your stay. It is unfortunate that this happened after receptions hours and we glad you were able to find the power circuit. The Diamant Hotel also provides any after hours assistance to guests staying Regents Court.
Once again, we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.
With best regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Used to be a great boutique hotel, run with care and hospitality. Although I was aware it had been sold, I didn't think it could get this bad. Both rooms were dirty, not just a little - a lot. Never again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Matt P
Regents C, Front Office Manager at Regents Court Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Matt P,
Thank you for your review of Regents Court. Although it’s not the score we usually strive for, we are glad you have brought your concerns to our attention so that we can work on them for future guests.
We are so sorry for not having met your cleaning expectations. Please send us an e-mail directly so we can investigate what went wrong and ensure all staff involved are completely trained to the standard that we expect of every room.
Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to rectify this concern and we look forward to speaking with you further.
Kind Regards,
The Regents Court Team.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I searched for ages to find the best hotel for my trip to Sydney and this was it! I wanted something close to the centre, yet quiet, easy to get to Bondi from, air-con, some facilities in the room so I could make tea etc and a reasonable price. Regents Court was all this plus, a lovely big room, comfy bed, huge TV, helpful staff. I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Sarahlouiseblack
Regents C, Front Office Manager at Regents Court Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Sarahlouiseblack,
Thank you for taking the time to review Regents Court.
We're so delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at Regents Court and in Sydney.
We're also glad that you appreciated some of the features of our rooms at Regents Court. Did you know that we also provide free Wi-Fi access to all guests?
We hope to welcome you back to Regents Court in the near future!
Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Simple and cheerful little motel. Respectfully renovated old building.
We had a great studio on the upper level, with views of the city. I can only assume those on lower levels would not have nearly as nice an outlook.
All nice and clean.
Ancient lift was quite charming, but a bit of a mission with a fist full of bags, but I'm glad it's still in operation.
The rooftop garden was a disappointment. most was roped off, apparently in reaction to a boofhead walking on the AC units. Still a nice bench and chairs to sit and admire the view of the bridge and Opera House.
Great location, just behind all the action, but not overly noisy or intrusive to sleep.
Closest parking was about 1km away, and cost $55 for a night. Certainly not the fault of the motel, however would be something we'd consider next time.
We'd stay again f the price was right.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Regents C, Front Office Manager at Regents Court Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear MickMF,
Thank you for taking the time to review Regents Court. We’re sure readers will appreciate your insight.
Our higher level does get the furthest views as it looks over surrounding buildings. We are glad you got to enjoy this during your stay.
Our rooftop is partly roped off with limited access currently. We hope full access will be enjoyed in the near future.
We’ve started offering breakfast! Guests can now charge breakfast to their rooms! We have set up an arrangement with Petrol Café, located across the road. For $16 guests choose any item from a selected menu + cup of coffee. Should you stay with us again, we have no hesitation is recommending Petrol as our choice of café in the area.
Thanks again for reviewing us and we hope to invite you back to Regents Court again.
Regards,

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Excellent neighborhood for first time visitors as it is within walking distance of most hip areas. Short train ride from the Circular Quay where all the tourist sites are. This place felt more like renting an apartment for the duration of my trip than a traditional hotel room which gives a more local feel. Office staff were super nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator as you can hear it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Regents C, Front Office Manager at Regents Court Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear HarlemUSA2014,
Thank you for taking the time to review Regents Court. We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your time in Sydney and at Regents Court.
Regents Court does have a very "home-away-from-home" feel and there are even some residents that live in the building permanently. With kitchenette’s in our rooms and free Wi-Fi, you really are able to live like a local at Regents Court. We also offer our guests free access to the local Anytime Fitness gym.
We hope to see you again soon!
All the best,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Excuse me while I enthuse... This is without a doubt one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in a few!) From the lovely, lovely reception staff (Mauricio and another guy who's name I didn't catch) to the well-appointed and spotless room I tried to find fault and couldn't! I live in Sydney and stayed for just the one night (I needed an indulgent night away from the house) and was sad to leave in the morning and go home. The moment I walked in to Regent's Court I was impressed by the lovely well-maintained building and the quiet ambience of the place and was immediately charmed by the respectful and efficient reception staff. I had a room on the fourth (top) floor and was blown away by how spacious, clean and well-equipped it was - I did quite a close inspection and could find nothing to fault. I have stayed in quite a few places with a "kitchenette" and usually am disappointed - I didn't really get to use it here but did rummage through all the cupboards and was very impressed to find it fully equipped with everything you could need in the way of cooking equpment, cleaning cloths, tea towels etc. My room had a lovely view of the neighbourhood and blinds that were very easy to raise and lower, a VERY comfortable bed with plenty of pillows and a roomy bathroom with all the toiletries you could expect. There is also a very lovely rooftop garden/terrace with even better views of the area and harbour glimpses. As I said I tried to find fault with this place (with this review in mind) but could find none. I was delighted to find such a lovely quiet oasis of comfort in the King's Cross area and look forward to visiting again and recommend it to my fellow Trip Advisor users wholeheartedly. (And no - I have not been paid to say this!!) This was without exaggeration probably the nicest, most comfortable and value for money hotel I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: The top (4th) floor has the best views naturally.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Hello davgold,
Thank you for your charming review of Regents Court. We are extremely flattered by your enthusiasm and we also enjoyed having you stay with us!
At Regents Court, we are blessed with very spacious 35m2 rooms… perfect for either an overnight stay those who need to stay longer.
It may interest you to know that all our pillows, mattress toppers and quilts are supplied by MicroCloud; a very luxurious range of bedding designed to give guests a comfy night’s rest!
We look forward to having you stay again!!
All the best,