“Climb it if you can!”

Ranked #26 of 271 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See Sydney at its best - take the Climb of Your Life with BridgeClimb Sydney! With our Climb Leaders as your guide, you will suit-up in our specially designed outdoor gear and ascend the arches of the coathanger. From dawn until dusk, the view from the top is always different. Climbs are available at dawn (limited departures), during the day, twilight or night. Did you know there's more than one way to the top? choose between the original BridgeClimb, a 3.5h experience travelling on the upper arch, The BridgeClimb Express, which travels on the inner arch and bursts through to the summit from below in 2h 15min, or the BridgeClimb Sampler, a 90 minute experience that reaches a vantage point half way to the top. The BridgeClimb and BridgeClimb express are also offered in Mandarin. We also offer Special Event Climbs for some of Sydney's Festivals, such as Vivid Sydney or Australia day. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable, and uniquely “Sydney” experience!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Take the Bridgeclimb tour if you can. It's worth the views and experience of Sydney. It was one of my favorite thing we did in Sydney.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,789)
All reviews
in 59 reviews
"views are amazing"
in 89 reviews

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Excellent thing to do. Its not too arduous but may be worth thinking about if you're not good with heights. This was my 3rd time and it was just as good, if not better, than the first. Fabulous views out over Sydney harbour and the opera house particularly. Don't skimp on the 15 min check in time and it will take the 3 hours they say, though close on an hour of this is getting kitted up, brethalysed etc. in preparation for the climb and doing a basic practice indoors.
Walk guide was very knowledgeable about the bridge and Sydney in general. You can't take anything up with you (no phones, cameras etc), but lockers are provided.

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

My partner and I climbed the bridge!! Pure awesomeness!!
Amazing experience, fantastic guide, we learnt so much about the making of the bridge, and not one bit of scariness!! Absolute safety the whole way!
We had so much fun! Would do it everyday if I could!! I recommend this experience to everybody!!!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

One of my travel rules is ... you can't change the weather. If you really want to do it, you'll do it in the rain. If you can't, then do something else.
I had to take my own advice for the Bridge Climb. It had been raining for days and there was nothing for it but to go. I was a bit tentative about being cold and wet.
I had booked the bridge climb months ago when I first found out we would be in town for a family wedding, so didn't have a lot of choice as to when I'd go. I'd wanted to do it for years. This was my chance.
I needn't have worried. The staff/guides were fantastic and reassuring. As well as the usual gear, they kitted us out with waterproof outers and a fleecy jacket (though it turned out I didn't need that).
It rained pretty much the whole time we were climbing but it wasn't too windy. We were a bit cold by the time we finished, but dry apart from our feet - and they do tell you to bring spare shoes, so that wasn't unexpected.
The climb itself lived up to my expectations. I'd chosen the Twilight Climb and it was lovely to see the city light up as we walked. Our guide was knowledgable and entertaining and the other climbers in our small group all seemed to enjoy it too.
I would definitely climb again. Perhaps a daytime climb next time.
If I, who is slightly scared of heights, fairly unfit and gets wobbly legs when going down ladders, can do this on a cold, wet evening in the middle of winter, then you'll probably be OK too.

2  Thank Goannas