“Try the Night Climb!”

Ranked #1 of 340 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See Sydney at its best - take the Climb of Your Life with BridgeClimb Sydney. With our Climb Leaders as your guide, you will suit-up in our specially designed outdoor gear and ascend. From its fascinating underbelly to its summit, 134m above the Harbour, the Bridge is the pride of Sydney. From dawn until dusk, the view from the top is always different. Climbs are available at dawn (limited departures), during the day, twilight or night. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable, and uniquely “Sydney” experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Try the Night Climb!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was given a gift certificate for the bridge climb, and recently did it with some friends. We opted for the last climb for the day, leaving at 6:40pm. I was impressed at how safety focused Bridge Climb and it's guides are, and rightly so. It takes some time to move through the prep stages as you gear up and learn about your equipment, as they are moving other groups through the sequence also, however it offers time to make sure everyone knows about what they are gearedup with and how things work.

The climb itself is rather exciting. I am generally not too good with heights, however had minimal issues until right at the end. I was incredibly fortunate enough to be blessed with a full moon, and as we ascended up the bridge, as did the yellow-orange moon, lighting up the harbour at dusk. Truly an amazing experience!

There were alot of stops on the bridge, which was honestly a little bit of a drag, as our guide was unfortunately not too knowledgeable or lively and mainly used material presented to him from other climbers. coming down the final lot of stairs made me a little shakey. Other than that it was a great experience which must be done at least once.

Recommended.

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Outstanding way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The bridge climb is very well organized and led by helpful guides. The physical aspect of the climb is moderate and you have a choice of more or less challenging tours of the bridge. The views are spectacular and the history and facts provided by the guides should make your visit to Sydney a bit more meaningful. You are given a jump suit and all the other gear you need, and your tethered into a cable for the entire journey so even those with a some concerns about heights should feel secure. Highly recommend.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mark F
Bethesda, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not for the feint of heart”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I decided to challenge ourselves (we are both 70) and do the bridge climb. You get into a full "jump suit" and are tethered to the bridge. You climb with a guide and 10-15 people. I am not great for heights and it was scary at the beginning. However, when you reach the top it is absolutely exhilarating. Well worth challenging yourself.

San Diego, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Fear of Heights...”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Despite a serious fear of heights, I tackled the bridge climb so that my wife could see it. The guides were great at dealing with fears and phobias. I survived it, and, looking back, I am glad that I challenged myself to do it. My wife absolutely loved it! I have to admit that the view was magnificent.

Visited November 2013
Mississauga, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great View and some Exercise”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We did the Express Climb on the bridge and it was just right for us. Good pace, wonderful views and only took 2 hours, so it didn't eat our whole day. Really quite an expensive endeavor, but we enjoyed it.