“Reach for the sky”

Ranked #1 of 352 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See Sydney at its best - take the Climb of Your Life with BridgeClimb Sydney! With our Climb Leaders as your guide, you will suit-up in our specially designed outdoor gear and ascend the arches of the coathanger. From dawn until dusk, the view from the top is always different. Climbs are available at dawn (limited departures), during the day, twilight or night. Did you know there's more than one way to the top? choose between the original BridgeClimb, a 3.5h experience travelling on the upper arch, The BridgeClimb Express, which travels on the inner arch and bursts through to the summit from below in 2h 15min, or the BridgeClimb Sampler, a 90 minute experience that reaches a vantage point half way to the top. The BridgeClimb and BridgeClimb express are also offered in Mandarin. We also offer Special Event Climbs for some of Sydney's Festivals, such as Vivid Sydney or Australia day. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable, and uniquely “Sydney” experience!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 23 November 2013

What an experience! Not the cheapest but when you see what you get and the expertise that goes into it - worth every cent!

Afraid of heights then fear not for the adrenaline rush will get you through. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave it is a buzz - the views from the top are amongst the best in the world and as you emerge from beneath the deck, through the traffic and the trains you reach for the sky and climb.

Awesome, friendly and if the weather is good you can see for miles. We wish we could do it again - at night but time didn't permit. Booking is essential as you will be disappointed but when in Sydney - climb the bridge.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,504)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Unless you're terrified of heights you should set aside 3-4 hours and do the bridge climb. Its not scary and its 100% safe. You're teathered to a cable the whole time you're on the bridge. The view is fantastic. The guides are interesting and they provide you with a neat intercom system so you can hear them clearly at all times.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This was fun, and absolutely not physically (or emotionally) challenging. Very safe, led by an enjoyable, collegial and safety-conscious guide. We had a nice day with good views.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

What a spectacular experience.
I was lucky enough to be able to do the Bridge Climb on my trip to Australia with a friend. The weather on our climb day was perfect, not a cloud in the sky. The getting ready for the climb process was smooth and seemed to be over before you know it. Richard was our leader for our afternoon climb and was fantastic. During the climb we had multiple stops where we were told stories of the construction of the bridge and some history as well as photo stops so the guide could take your picture. Before you know it you're at the top!!! Hard to believe that you are there as it didn't seem to take very long. The walk down was quicker and once you are back in the building it is a quick process of getting stripped of the climbing gear. You then have a quick survey they ask you to complete and an opportunity to purchase pictures that were taken of you by the leader.
Before the climb I was really nervous that I wouldn't be able to keep pace of the other climbers and I would have a hard time with the climb. I am not exactly the ideal weight if you understand what I am saying. Surprisingly the climb was super easy and not strenuous at all. If you are worried or are having second thoughts as I did, please ignore them, you can do it and once you have you will be as happy as I was. Must do for a trip to Sydney!!

2  Thank vacatime81
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is why I wanted to visit Australia, I have always had a desire to climb the bridge and it was everything I expected. The weather could not have been more perfect, the staff at the bridge climb were very friendly and you could tell they truly enjoyed their job. The climb itself was surprisingly easy. I felt completely secure and at ease during the entire climb. My husband, who is not a fan of heights, also felt comfortable. While it's a bit pricey, it's worth it. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank 859TK