“Sadly - A little boring”
Review of BridgeClimb

Ranked #1 of 345 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See Sydney at its best - take the Climb of Your Life with BridgeClimb Sydney! With our Climb Leaders as your guide, you will suit-up in our specially designed outdoor gear and ascend the arches of the coathanger. From dawn until dusk, the view from the top is always different. Climbs are available at dawn (limited departures), during the day, twilight or night. Did you know there's more than one way to the top? choose between the original BridgeClimb, a 3.5h experience travelling on the upper arch, The BridgeClimb Express, which travels on the inner arch and bursts through to the summit from below in 2h 15min, or the BridgeClimb Sampler, a 90 minute experience that reaches a vantage point half way to the top. The BridgeClimb and BridgeClimb express are also offered in Mandarin. We also offer Special Event Climbs for some of Sydney's Festivals, such as Vivid Sydney or Australia day. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable, and uniquely “Sydney” experience!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 March 2009

I really don't have anything bad to say about this tour. The guide was well informed and friendly as was everyone who worked at the BridgeClimb. I was just surprised that the climb was boring. It takes about 2.5 hours to climb on top because you keep stopping to hear about different facts. At first it's interesting but after the 15 fact about rivets and workers it gets a little repetitive.

I figured that it would be much more interesting and exciting.

3  Thank kek167
There are newer reviews for BridgeClimb

Reviewed 9 March 2009

The Bridge Climb.

Hardwork in places if you are unfit. But well worth the effort when you get to the top. Outstanding views. Staff knowlegeable and friendly, and will put nervous climbers at ease.

2  Thank Hotpot2215
Reviewed 7 March 2009

This was one of my highlights during my trip to Oz.I had pre booked it weeks before I travelled to Oz.The closer it got the more excited I became.When I did the climb it was unbelievable.One of the greatest things Ive ever done,Climb was very well managed and all climbers put at ease all the time.You must do this!Now Im back in the UK and everything seems strangely boring.Going back to do the climb again next year.

1  Thank STEVIEBHampshire
Reviewed 28 February 2009

Having a fear of heights made me nervous to do the climb- but our experienced climb leader (has done more than 3,300 climbs!) made us all feel at ease. The whole operation runs very smoothly from check in to climb prep to the actual climb itself. For people afraid of heights, the ladder to GET to the bridge arch may be the worst part. After a few minutes of tense upward climbing, the payoff is fantastic. The views are worth every penny! I agree with our guide- you will spend the rest of your Sydney trip looking up at the bridge and thinking "I was all the way up there??"

2  Thank ktfrostie
Reviewed 8 February 2009

On a recent visit to Sydney we climbed Sydney Harbour Bridge, having booked it on the internet before leaving home.

I would recommend this experience to anyone. Don't worry about heights, you feel completely safe and the views from the top are magnificent. Its just a pity you can't take cameras up to capture it all although I can fully understand why.

In total there are 1467 steps to climb but on the bridge itself these are fairly shallow and not at all hard going. The hardest bit is climbing about 4 sets of near vertical stairs to get onto the bridge but even thats not too bad.

For anyone who's thought about doing it but then decided not to, I would say think again - its well worth it and no where near as difficult as you would think.

HJM