“An Attraction Not to be Missed!”
Review of BridgeClimb

BridgeClimb
Ranked #26 of 271 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See Sydney at its best - take the Climb of Your Life with BridgeClimb Sydney! With our Climb Leaders as your guide, you will suit-up in our specially designed outdoor gear and ascend the arches of the coathanger. From dawn until dusk, the view from the top is always different. Climbs are available at dawn (limited departures), during the day, twilight or night. Did you know there's more than one way to the top? choose between the original BridgeClimb, a 3.5h experience travelling on the upper arch, The BridgeClimb Express, which travels on the inner arch and bursts through to the summit from below in 2h 15min, or the BridgeClimb Sampler, a 90 minute experience that reaches a vantage point half way to the top. The BridgeClimb and BridgeClimb express are also offered in Mandarin. We also offer Special Event Climbs for some of Sydney's Festivals, such as Vivid Sydney or Australia day. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable, and uniquely “Sydney” experience!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge in April 2009. I tend to feel shakey with heights when I am outside and can feel the wind (Like the Eiffel Tower and Empire State Building), but I never felt that during the BridgeClimb. The staff is very professional and they take the process of getting the proper equipment and suited up very seriously. It was sunny the way up and the views were spectacular! It was a slow and not overly rigorous climb. On the way down we picked up the pace because it started to pour. Even in the rain, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I was travelling in a tour and several others had qualms about the height was well, but we all agreed it was worth it and not the typical fear of heights situation. Maybe it is the road, or being over water, but it did not feel that high once we got to the top. The only downside is that you cannot bring a camera, but of course they take plenty of pictures to sell to you!

1  Thank anonymous9257
Write a ReviewReviews (4,788)
All reviews
in 59 reviews
"views are amazing"
in 89 reviews

Reviewed 15 May 2009

Holding the handrail tightly and following a vertical accent of countless steps, exhausted, clammy and slightly disorientated, having paused to catch our breath more than once - we reach the reception and check-in desk.

A great guide who managed to make safety interesting. This was a most enjoyable and informative adventure and a must when in Sydney.

Reviewed 26 April 2009

For my 59th birthday we climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge and had a wonderful adventure. The bridge arch itself is not hard, but some of the interior ladders to get to the arch are challenging. This was an expensive attractions, but absolutely the experience of a life time. Do it, you will not regret it.

3  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 21 April 2009

If you are visiting Sydney this is a must do. My wife and I enjoyed the climb which was by no means physically demanding. There are approximately 4 steep ladders you will ahve to climb on your way up and down. The rest of the climb is a gradual incline which isnot bad at all. I would highly recommend the early twilight climb so you can capture both the day and night of the city.

1  Thank Goblin_2009
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 April 2009

Climbed the bridge December 29, 2008. Spectacular view and informative tour. A unique experience to be able to climb the world's tallest steel arch bridge, and widest long span bridge. For something built in 1932, that's pretty impressive.

If you're comfortable at heights and are in reasonable physical shape, this isn't going to be difficult for you at all. In fact, I was disappointed that it wasn't more challenging. I was expecting a bit more of an adrenaline rush and didn't get it. Perhaps next time, I will go skydiving...

I will praise the staff on their knowledgeability and due diligence when it comes to safety. They don't take shortcuts and make certain that you know what you're doing before they let you onto the bridge.

The Pylon Lookout is substantially better value. For only a fraction of what the climb costs, you can go up to the top of the southeast pylon of the bridge which also contains some educational stuff about the bridge.

Be forewarned: BridgeClimb will occupy almost half your day and will eat up a significant chunk of your entertainment budget. I would not recommend this for anybody on a short budget or timeline.

3  Thank oilersesksfalcons