The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$123
  • Restaurant
Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$137
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$230
US$208
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$86
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hyde Park Inn(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$148
  • Breakfast included
US$304
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewshistoric puboldest hotelno liftmeat piepale alecircular quayflights of stairsrocks areatop floorfirst flooropera housecorner rooman easy walkvisiting sydneyfantastic locationaustralianoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Lord Nelson during our honeymoon for 3 nights. We splurged for the ensuite bathroom which was well worth the money with a rather large tub (it fit 2!) The continental breakfast was fantastic and we found ourselves wishing we had it at the other hotels we stayed in around Australia. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is well maintained and clean. The bar downstairs is apparently the place to be as it was very crowded from 3pm-11 every day of the week. Although the Sydney bar scene appeared to frequent downstairs, we never heard noise in our room. The location is perfect, happily situated in the cutest of Sydney's neighborhoods called "The Rocks" and it's a very easy walk to the Opera House, Sydney Harbor Bridge and the subway station and ferry docks. We would happily stay here again if we return to Sydney. And a special thanks to Caroline, who greeted us with our "flat whites" and toast every morning.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the bathroom!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarahoslp
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I suppose the hardest part of this hotel is the fact that you have to walk through (an inevitably post-previous-night's-revelry) smelly pub in the early afternoon to get to the rooms part. This smell follows you as you head up the stairs to reception. The staff were lovely, although the receptionist was eating a bowl of food by the desk, as she was going through my booking, which just seemed odd. The room itself was fine, but that's all. No free WiFi, a fan noise wouldn't go away and a TV that you couldn't see part from the bed, such was its positioning in the corner of the room. Bed great. Shower great. No 'Please-do-not-disturb' signs to put on the door handle and no adaptor (always a bonus). Maybe my hopes were too high (I chose it from recommendation here) and I suppose with the strength of the AUS$, it wound up being more expensive than I'd hoped. Good location to pick up a bus into the middle of town. Breakfast included in the cost, although I didn't try it..

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ReindeerSpotting
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Despite being unable to check in early the bar manager was happy to store our luggage and give advice on where to go before check in time. Room was immaculate with enormous bed, flat screen TV and en-suite which was kept topped up with toiletries. Fridge ideal for keeping wine cool - useful as bar prices were pretty steep, but that could just be due to current exchange rate. Beer delicious but far too cold! Order it early and leave to warm up! Ideal position being only 5 minutes walk from Circular Quay and the Harbour Bridge. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizi1961
Reviewed 25 April 2011

As an old, historic hotel with a pub on the main floor this was a great place to stay. The pub was always busy in the evening and had a nice casual atmosphere. The continental breakfast was interesting and of good quality. However, it was extremely frustrating to pay $20 (Aus.) for 24 hours of internet service and have it be tempermental. Besides periodially cutting out, the internet provider didn't seem to have an easy way of logging back in, charging me multiple times for the same day, a problem that I'll have to work out with my credit card company.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrontierAccountant
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Nice clean and comfortable room great food in the bar and good steaks in the restaurant and I love the beers brewed on site.

• Stayed: May 2010