Elephant Backpacker
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$188
US$259
US$188
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$121
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$152
US$235
US$174
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$125
  • Pool
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$135
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$83
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsbudget hostelclean linenbig hostelcleaned dailythe ground floorhot watercommon areascouple of nightsenjoyed my stayfew minutes walkopera househeaps
Reviewed 28 March 2008

I've stayed at Harbour City a number of times during my stay in Australia and I love it! It's a down to earth, fun hostel. There's always something going on, the pub crawls are awesome! I found the rooms to be clean as with the bathrooms. The kitchen can get a bit messy at times, but generally it was cleaned a few times every day. The reception staff are always friendly and socialize with the guests. I was sad to leave Harbour City, i'll definately miss it!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2007

I have been to Sydney in 2000, 2004 and 2007. Everytime I stayed at this accomodation. The first couple of times it was OK, but mainly because of it's central location. However on my last stay in 2007 the standards have really fallen. The rooms are not cleaned properly and especially the kitchen is discusting with the floor sticking to your every step. Im returing to Sydney in February 2008 and this time I have chosen a new place to stay. By the way the place has change name to something like: "Woodduck Harbour City.."

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2007

I read the reviews before I stayed here but I was going with a group so didn't have much of a choice. I guess if you are a backpacker you would be used to a place like this but I'm not so I didnt enjoy it. We stayed in a double room, the room was basic- only one dead bug in a corner. You have to use communal showers and toliets that were pretty clean I saw people cleaning it in the evening and morning but in between it got messy. Our friends checked into a room that had someone still sleeping in it. When eating in the dining area I had to sit with more dead or dying bugs but it wasnt the most flithy place ever. I dont have tons of experience in hostels but like I said if you are a backpacker or just want to meet backpackers this is an okay place but I wouldn't stay here on purpose again. It could have been worse though. Just save up the money and stay in a hotel!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2007

we stayed here for 2 nights in a private double room. it took a while to figure out our room, we were given two beds instead of a double then had to try out another room but that had people in it, and then we were given another room whcih had the double bed. seemed quite disorganised but other than that it was ok. room was reasonable size, only gave us sheets to sleep in though, and we had to make the bed ourselves as the receptionist forgot to do it. the organised party nights were good - we went to two bars and got free drinks, both bars were in reasonable walking distance home. place was pretty central to the city, the exact location of the hostel wasnt especially nice - beside a space of vacant land, was a bit shady but do-able. overall the place wasnt too bad

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2007

I have stayed at this hostel for the past 5 months and still have another month to go. I think that says enough. I have been travelling for over a year and this is one of the better hostels I have stayed at.
Yes, there are homeless people sleeping over the road but they have never been a problem while I have been here and keep to themselves. The rooms can be messy but it is a backpackers and some people spread their stuff around.
The kitchen is too small but the location is really good and you can go out to eat elsewhere if you don't fancy fighting for a cooker.
The staff are fab (when they are not hungover), the nightly events (bar crawls, bbq, quiz etc) are a highlight and the rooms are spacious.
Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo