1.No internet. Although it said it provides the internet on website, the internet is actually too slow to work. I cannot see the front page after three hours "connecting" on to the internet.
2.No hot water. Ok, it may be my fault because the kitchen closed at 10. But while I ask if there is hot water for drinking or can I borrow the cattle, they ask me to go to toilet.
3. No BLANKET. It was terrible... it's cold in Sydney but no blanket only a sheet. after complaining cold, the stuff complained complain back and said it's true 'cause they have a few blankets but don't know where are they.
4. No breakfast. Because it is cheap. I can understand.
5. Staff are unhelpful, always answer "I don't know." I ask about the vivid Sydney which is the first thing on their website front page, the most frequent response is "Sorry , I have no idea"
6. Dirty, bed bugs, cockroaches every where in the kitchen. well, you'll get used to it though...
Even a cheap price, I will suggest you find another place.
what I don't believe is that, the stuff ask me to be satisfied with this cheap price. "You can not expect too much."
I knew, I knew. But the basic need like a blanket should not be too over, isn't it?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elephant Backpacker Sydney is located between the night life of Kings Cross and the City Centre. All major tourist attractions are within 10-15 minutes walk. Our hostel has a beautiful new cafe & bar that offers restaurant quality food and backpacker prices. We pride ourselves on being cheap and cheerful.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Elephant Backpacker reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Backpacker Hotel Sydney