Elephant Backpacker
US$196
US$283
US$198
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$155
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$135
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$143
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$145
US$230
US$219
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$95
  • Pool
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$127
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbudget hostelclean linenbig hostelcleaned dailythe ground floorhot watercommon areascouple of nightsenjoyed my stayfew minutes walkopera househeaps
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have stayed in the hostel for 3 months now and have no complaints, very friendly staff, clean rooms and very good location 2 minutes away from the city centre, very nice food in the café as well. I would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Sydney!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is one of the cheapest hostels in Sydney which is why I stayed as I have quickly run out of money. Don't be put off by the price and some of the crazy reviews - it is great value. It is an old building...and looks a little tired but it is clean, well run and full of young backpackers who are very friendly.I stayed in an 8 bed dorm which was full and yes there was stuff on the floor from other guests - but what do you expect for $17? I got clean sheets and blankets when I asked - and reception is there all the time and are super friendly. The showers were hot and cleaned most of the time. The kitchen gets buzy at nite and you have to get all your cooking stuff from reception or you can use there café. The café is at the front of the building and it gives out discount tickets for food - which is cheap and good. I would recommend the hostel if you are used to using hostels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The location is pretty good, the mattress was comfortable and the room was ok. Everything else was terrible:
*The kitchen was really dirty with bugs everywhere, and without any utensils - you have to go to the reception every time you want to cook
*Half of the toilets were blocked
*The showers weren't clean and some rubbish stayed on the floor there for days
*They don't give you a blanket unless you ask, when I asked for one the girl at the reception told me they don't have any more because all the guests were cold and wanted blankets - well that's kinda obvious un July it's WINTER!!! And to top all that they have bed bugs, I woke up with some really nasty bites still itchy a week later.
*The atmosphere wasn't really social, it seemed like most guests stayed there long term..
*And what I think was the worst is the staff! Unhelpfull, unfriendly and sometimes even RUDE! Not all of the workers but the majority of them
So yes it's cheap, but if you ask me I wouldn't pay even a dollar for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have stayed for 1 month. It is a good place to stay. Staffs are friendly and nice. The hostel is clean and in a great location. They give you discount tickets for café so you can save money, and the food was soo good!! overall it is a great place and I will stay again.

Room Tip: the third floor is much quieter i found.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I spent a night here over a weekend, and was pleasantly surprised. For $19 for a 6-bed female dorm, I wasn't expecting very much, so was impressed by what I got. I read some of the reviews and honestly some people expect too much when they book a hostel. The hostel is right opposite a park bordering the city centre so the location is convenient. The bed was comfortable, and the room was relatively quiet, given that it is situated on a busy road. The staff were attentive, helpful, and even remembered my name! There were lots of people there, all in a similar age range (mostly backpackers) which made for friendships and lots of fun. The other amenities were basic but clean, which was good. A lot of reviews moaned about the cleaning but it is fine - the main offenders are other guests. Would consider staying here again short-term.

Room Tip: Cafe has good food - not worth trying to use their busy kitchen.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo