Rydges Sydney Central
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$162
  • Restaurant
US$207
US$198
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$171
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$152
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$156
  • Pool
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$136
  • Breakfast included
1,828 results
All reviewssurry hillscentral stationalbion streetbuffet breakfastcrown stdeluxe roomroom servicebooked this hotelhandy locationreception stafflate checkdarling harbourlight railan easy walkpublic transporttownhousechinatown
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I found the Sebel to be comfortable, really clean and a fuss free experience. The room rate was very competitive which is always a bonus.

The hotel is situated within walking distance to China Town and central railway station. There are buses only a few meters away which will take you to any part of the city.

I found the room to be quiet despite the hotel's central location, but I did have a room at the back of the hotel so was not near the busy Elizabeth Street.

The only tiny negative was that I found the air conditioning in the room to be a tad loud but I always travel with earplugs and that did the trick.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel...room 704 was good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Clean, comfortable, lovely breakfast area, great location to access the eclectic oxford street, the fun of china town or stroll to george street. I stayed here for a romantic getaway. I have also stayed here for a shopathon with a female friend. Perfect for both occassions.

Room Tip: There is not a huge difference between the standard of the rooms. I have stayed in one up from the run of house both times I stayed. This is not the type of hotel that you go for an exceptional room. I would stay here again.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2012

These rooms are great value for money and close to Central Station, however, the rooms are a little noisy - there is a bit of traffic during the night. The pool area is fantastic, the spa and sauna are great and there are lots of cafes to visit if you would rather get outside for coffee etc. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Have read so many mixed reviews about this place, i wasn't quite sure what to expect.
Upon our arrival we greeted by lovely friendly staff. Was a little disappointed to see the inground
aquarium looking a bit dirty, but i guess this happens, and it did look lovely and fresh after cleaning later in the day.
The superior rooms are spacious and very clean which was fabulous to see, but they do need
some warming up. I am a minimalist,my own home is tiled almost throughout and quite minimalist and spartan looking. The Sebel rooms take this a little to the extreme. I got some lovely flowers to the brighten the room, and before leaving gave them to another guest who complained of the very same thing. Please get a interior decorator in, or at the very least add a little colour somewhere.Loved the big bath and the bathroom shelving was very handy. The television is big and impressive for a hotel television, and we had a lovely view as well.
Pool is gorgeous, but the it is too cool, and yes others agreed. I did complain one occasion, but the water was only warmer the night before we left. The absolute minimum should be 27, the pool was around 25 at best. I have a son who was still keen so did swim, but really was a bit too chilly for my liking. Spa was large and an absolute winner, especially after a long day of walking around the city.
Room service was great. Not too expensive and lovely food. For some reason the food at The townhouse downstairs was very very average. They are really seem understaffed there. The breakfast at Albies was lovely. Beautiful fresh food, but the pancake maker!!! Bin it! Pancakes should be freshly made and left out, not made from a machine, who spits out miniscule pancakes after a 5 minute wait. First time we tried this the pancakes shot out and missed the plate altogether.Would still definitely recommend the buffet breakfast though, as the eggs, sausage and everything else make it worthwhile.
Housekeeping are very friendly and do a good job cleaning, but they need to ensure items are replenished. Had to ask for at least a couple of different things, ie milk for coffee.
The sundeck or courtyard is crying very loudly for some TLC. Took the kids out there and we just had to go inside, its a bit depressing out there. How about some plants or something Sebel?
Overall, we enjoyed our stay, i think with just a few tweaks, this place could be 'the place for everyone to stay'
If you are looking for a place that is fairly central, clean, friendly and welcoming then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room, if a view is important to you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chrisemmalee
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I spent one night here and have stayed here previously, too. It is close to Central Station and a short jog to Hyde Park and the Domain (I like to jog!).
I always find it to be clean, though some of the rooms coupld use a renovation to make them more modern. This time I was upgraded to a better room which was large, clean, comfortable, and quiet. Breakfast is quite good, too.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business