Rydges Sydney Central
US$205
US$187
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
US$251
US$195
US$189
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$131
Priceline
1,817 results
All reviewssurry hillscentral stationalbion streetbuffet breakfastcrown stdeluxe roomroom servicebooked this hotelhandy locationreception stafflate checkdarling harbourlight railan easy walkpublic transporttownhousechinatown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stayed two nights and the service was wonderful. Housekeeping were quick to help when I realised I'd left my favourite red shirt in the wardrobe after check-out. Great location in trendy Surry Hills. The 5 min walk to Crown Street is very pretty as you walk past heritage buildings and quaint terrace houses. I much prefer to stay in this area of Surry Hills as it is quiet - no street noise so a good night sleep is guaranteed. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Allison, Brisbane

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Allison S
Reviewed 8 December 2012

We stayed 2 nights, a week apart, and paid $159 for a deluxe room, including breakfast and a bottle of wine. The beds in both rooms were too soft and uncomfortable, although the rooms were large and the bathrooms newly renovated. The showers had good pressure. On both occasions we overlooked Albion Street so the rooms were quite noisy from the passing traffic. Breakfast was typical of many hotels with the so-called hot food only being lukewarm. I had to ask twice for more water to be put into the coffee machine. Coming from the country by train we like a hotel near Central Railway and the Sebel certainly fills the bill. However, I prefer the Mercure at Railway Square.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WandaSandhills
Sebel S, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dear WandaSandhills

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Sebel Surry Hills. I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

At Accor Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standard at our hotel.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in a deluxe room. I requested a quiet room based on other advice picked up from reviews. Unfortunately even though I was given a room at the back of building could still hear loud music and partying until late hours. But the worst of my experience was the bed! Deluxe king size bed was actually two singles pushed together, not so bad except one side had the worst slump I had ever laid on. Didn't get any sleep and next morning requested another room. Was told housekeeping would first check it out. Not too happy as I felt as though they didn't believe me and thought customer satisfaction should be priority. After returning from a busy day, I was told at reception I still had the same room as they stuck a "board" under the mattress! This turned out to be plywood after lifting the sheets to check and didn't make a single difference. Won't be staying here again for a 4 and 1/2 star hotel I expected better service and sleeping conditions. Shame...

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank angela k
Sebel S, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear Angela K

Reviewed 4 December 2012

We really just needed a bed for the night close to St Luke's Hospital at Potts Point so decided to try a "Shhh" deal from Wotif.com. After confirming the deal, we were delighted to see that the hotel was in fact in the Sebel chain as we'd stayed with Sebel on a number of previous occasions and have always been extremely pleased. Because of the extremely good nightly rate, I suppose we shouldn't have been surprised that the room (facing Albion Street) was very noisy and that the bed wasn't the much talked about "cloud" bed. However, the room was very spacious and had a full sized couch, the decor was pleasant enough and the shower was excellent. It would've been better if the large TV, which was fixed to the wall opposite the bed, was on a swivel as it could really only been viewed satisfactorily from the bed. There were plenty of TV channels on offer. The check-in/check-out was very smooth and the reception staff were very efficient and made us feel welcome. All-in-all, given the same circumstances, we'd be happy enough to revisit this hotel, but would ask for a room at the rear of the hotel. I guess it's a case of "you get what you pay for" so maybe the "Shhh" deal shouldn't be promoted as a 4 1/2 star room.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny G

Dear Jenny G

At Accor Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you mentioned to prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

My friends and I always enjoy our weekends here. The gym has improved and there is a pool.
Clean and spacious rooms, a few have balconies. Restaurant and room service are good quality and value if your buy your breakfast vouchers at the check-in desk for $20. Mostly friendly, hospitable and courteous however, the cocktail bar had poor and unfriendly service during the Saturday "happy hour", should have called it the unhappy hour. We also paid full price for ordering the wrong cocktail. Maybe the cocktail bar is outsourced as it has street access.

Room Tip: Ask and you will probably receive.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends