Rydges Sydney Central
US$197
US$253
US$179
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$150
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$140
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$138
US$208
US$197
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$156
  • Pool
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$99
  • Pool
Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$135
  • Breakfast included
1,829 results
All reviewssurry hillscentral stationalbion streetbuffet breakfastcrown stdeluxe roomroom servicebooked this hotelhandy locationreception stafflate checkdarling harbourlight railan easy walkpublic transporttownhousechinatown
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Didn't know what to expect from this hotel tucked away near Central Station. It was great. Generous room, very comfy bed and lovely stag . The breakfast food was better than other hotels of this standard.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Location is awesome. The restaurant on Level one was extremely poor service, waited over an hour for a less than average meal and wouldn't recommend it. Room service breakfast however was top class.
For the right price I'd give this place a go, but overall at a premium rate other places are better.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sebel S, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear Jacqaroo

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Sebel Surry Hills. I am disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered.

At Accor Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standard at our hotel.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Just a short walk from the wedding reception of a friend's daughter. Massive room, clean and most importantly comfortable. Check-in prompt and friendly. Only downside was that there were no towels and by the time we got back from reception housekeeping had gone home. Front desk came to the rescue but only after my wife had dried off from her shower with a hand towel. Worth watching in itself. :-)

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear TJAussie

Thank you for your feedback. I was disappointed to read about the issue you had with towels during your stay. Please rest assured this has been followed up with housekeeping.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

A bit hard to find without GPS I suspect, but found it OK, checked in and parked car. A charge for parking but probably OK considering it is Sydney. As an aside, I always think the first quality hotels close to city centres offering free parking will never be struggling to fill their rooms. While not the case with the Sebel, in some cases parking charges are outrageous. The check in staff were very pleasant and helpful. I thought the rooms were starting to show their age, with dated furnishings and fittings. My tariff included a full buffet breakfast which was amazing in choice and freshness. A few good restaurants in walking distance is a plus - ask for directions though as they are scattered in side streets. Good internet connection. I was in a street front room which was a little noisy but not too bad. Would certainly try again.

Room Tip: I have only stayed once so I may be judging on that room I received. Maybe ask for one which has been recently updated? Rooms on higher levels may be quieter too?
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Sebel S, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear NZ_Wine_Traveller
Thank you for your feedback.
We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I find a lot of hotel reviews to be nickpiacking and pretentious so I am going to try and write an honest review of this hotel. I've stayed in a lot of hotels in the past year for my travels and when a hotel rates itself as 4 stars, I expect more for my money.
The hotel is conveniently located near central station in Sydney.
The first impression was the long lines waiting to check in (2pm checkin). We arrived at 2pm on the dot and it was about a 10min wait since there were only 2 staff. It was a quick and friendly check in which was nice, but then you proceed to the lifts and there are only 2 (it was a problem for rush-hour when we checked out, otherwise not that big of a deal).
My partner and I dished out extra dosh to stay in their studio suite. The room was a decent size with king sized bed and couches. The downside for us was that the bathroom was right next to the bed and it didn't have a fan. So be warned don't go out for mexican or anything that might make your sleep a smelly one. Plus, don't have a hot shower unless you are able to leave the door open (steam gallore). The building itself is quite old, which isn't the fault of the hotel, but it is something to keep in mind when visiting as the decor is very aged. It wasn't a big deal for us- we are there for the facilities not the paintings. The pool itself was decent sized, although if you stay on level 4 it stinks of chlorine and there are limited towels. You might need to use your room one as they don't refil. We were on the 4th floor and we didn't mind the smell because we don't mind the smell of chlorine, and it didn't seem to go into the room but we did have the air con running all day. The bed itself was old unfortunately, so although at some point in time it would have been a decent bed, now you sink in it and it gave me a bad back and neck (but i'm susceptible to that - but then again, 4 stars right?).
Overall, it is a good hotel. It just ins't 4 stars. We paid premium for extra and we got a room with the bare minimum.
The staff are really nice, but when you go there don't ask them for something out of the ordinary like we did. We paid for the continental breakfast through Sebel for a stay discount and they wouldn't give us a receipt (weird?- seems like someone is skimming the tax man). The restaurant itself is AMAZING for breakfast (SO MUCH VARIETY! yum yum), but again that is separate to the Sebel sooooo you can't give them bonus points for that.
It's 2.5 stars to 3 at BEST, not 4. Wish I had known that because to be honest, I would have stayed elsewhere. We were really looking for a TREAT and we stayed at a 'good' hotel.

1  Thank Krystal_A_V

Dear Krystal_A_V
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Sebel Surry Hills. I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.
At Accor Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address these problems and prevent future occurrence.
Also, for future reference, both Albies Restaurant and Townhouse Bar are owned and managed by The Sebel Surry Hills Sydney and are very much part of the hotel. I hope this information helps. If you wish to speak further about your stay, please contact me on (02) 9289 0000 or H8792-GM@accor.com