This was booked by my employer on a recent business trip.
Standard, generic mid-range business hotel close to Central Station. Staff are professional but not in the least friendly, and you really get the sense you are just a number.
I was allocated the accessible room which is a pet hate of mine, but I suppose the hotel must have been full. The downside to the accessible room is that the shower is just a hose on a wall and ends up spraying all over the entire bathroom, making the floors quite wet. The floor in the shower was slippery, almost dangerously so.
The room was quiet and relatively clean. The rooms look directly into another building so blinds must be down all day which makes the room feel quite gloomy.
The smoke alarm had a plastic bag over it, I presume from the previous guest, but should have been checked and removed by housekeeping.
Dining options in the evening are a bit limited but a short walk to Crown St or to Chinatown. The area is a little seedy but not unsafe.
All in all, the Sebel delivers all it promises to, but I wouldn't actively promote it or seek to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4.5 star hotel in Surry Hills. 271 guestrooms, with a 15m heated indoor pool, spa, sauna & gymnasium. Along with 2 restaurants and bars & cafe. ideal space for meetings, events & conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Rydges Sydney Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Sydney
- Citigate Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney