“Lovely staff, and apartment., but watch out for the free wifi !”

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale
Ranked #59 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I stayed a week here at Christmas 2012, we booked 3 units in total for a family get together.
the reception and cleaning staff were great and efficient, The accom lovely and big.

The pool was tiny and had only one poolside lounger and a few chairs, and there was a lot of standing around the pool, so unfortunately days by the pool reading your book were not possible,
We were busy with activities but to finish the day off poolside would have been great,

There is a nice BBQ area which we used a few nights, and a grassy area , where the pool deck lounger/chairs could have been for a more relaxing experience.

Town is not to far away, and broadway shopping centre has everything you need,

The only thing that was a shock to us was the free Internet, which we used from our room, it offered most room numbers in the list to click on, and when input my details in, we got Internet sometimes but not others,,,, I asked reception and emailed their help page , who got back to me later, ,,, meanwhile we have been presented with a bill for Internet for $162.50 !!!!!!!

The reception printed off the bill and said there was nothing they could do about it, we had to pay it, don't you think they would have warned us of the ever increasing debt happening at reception???
I spoke to reception lady who was from Russia, and very nice, who said we had to use the free wifi in reception, but on days she could see that we had picked up the signal in our room,,, meanwhile at $12.50 a hit on the Internet I am not impressed!

Would stay again, as the rooms are great and people lovely, nice location,could see the centre point tower from our balcony and lovely birds woke us up every morning.

Room Tip: We were in #9 in ivy lane, overlooking residential and old trees, birdsong and first morning light...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Sid S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear MerrySea Nelson,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and were able to make good use of the outdoor facilities at the hotel and our proximity to town and various tourist attractions.

In regards to the internet connection as explained by our front desk team at the time of check out, our guests get 30 minutes free Wi Fi in the hotel lobby each day. The plans that you selected and got charged for were over and above that 30 min allotment. But I believe our team was able to resolve that issue efficiently and quickly for you at the time of check out.

I will be sharing your positive feedback with my team. We pride ourselves upon the high standards of service that we provide all our guests. It is our goal to make each stay as comfortable as possible for all our guest.

We look forward to welcome you back at Medina Classic Chippendale for another enjoyable and relaxing stay. On Behalf of the team at Medina Classic Chippendale I would like to wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

Reviewed 23 December 2012

I stayed with my family, a group of 5 people. We had a two bedroom apartment with kitchen and living room, and am extra bed for the fifth person. The spare bed was not very comfortable but the other beds were good.
The wifi were quite expensive is you wanted to buy it, otherwise they have free wifi for 30 minutes in the lounge. You could reach the free wifi from the apartment but it was very slow.
Location was good, 10 minutes walk from Redfern train station, which is 3 stations away from Circular Quay. The apartment was clean and our dishes that was left in the zink was washed when we came back home.

• Stayed: December 2012
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Sassa_Sunny,

On Behalf of the team at Medina Classic Chippendale I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is always a pleasure to read our guest comments, as it gives us a chance to improve on our high service standards.

I am glad that you and your family were able to take full advantage of our proximity to Sydney CBD and public transport. The 30 minute Free Wi-Fi service is only intended to be used in the reception area and I believe that’s the reason why you had a weak signal in your apartment.

I will be sharing your positive comments with our Housekeeping team to let them know that there constant effort to deliver superior guest services is being noticed. Once again thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at Medina Classic Chippendale.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

This hotel has the most rude staff i have ever experienced. Also the whole team does nto communicate with each other decisions etc. I complaint about my excruciating internet charges and the complimentary 30 minutes internet in the lobby (that never works by the way) and after talking to the Sydney manager of Medina i was promised they would wave the charges - yet on the day of the check out the bill still had the charges and also the staff on duty thought i was lying to him. That was absolutely appalling. All of us (4 in the apartment) felt the same thing and they also other colleagues (we were attending a conference) felt the same way. The attitude of the front desk was rude as was the manager's attitude (the one located int he hotel). They have no clue how to communicate effectively between them. If you are expecting a gym - better book somewhere else- a treadmill and two free weights do not qualify for a gym. If you are a business person and you rely on the Internet book somewhere else and not there. Finally the charges in general were really expensive for a 4 people apartment with very small single beds, anything closer to the city is much cheaper

Room Tip: no tip- just don't book there
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank symeon D
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear Symeon D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am disappointed to read that our team was not able to resolve the matter for you in the first instance. In regards to the issues that you have raised, after speaking with our Area Manager we immediately removed all internet charges due to the problems you were experiencing.

Upon checkout the one charge that was on your account was posted after you had spoken to our Area Manager. This was refunded back on to the credit card provided and also communicated in an email directly to you.

Immediately upon advising us of the matter, we did have our internet company contact you while you were staying with us and no issues were found with our internet connections. After reviewing our network we found no issues as there were other guest using the same network. I do apologise on behalf of the team if you felt they were not professional in handling your queries. As you can see from the other testimonials, we have always tried to make all our
guests feel welcomed and we pride ourselves upon the level of service we provide to our guests.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I can assure you any feedback from our guests is valuable to us and if you would like to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed recently in one of the one bedroom apartments and could not fault my stay whatsoever. The staff were great, friendly, understanding and accommodating. The room was spotless. It had a king size bed, TV in bedroom as well as lounge. Fully self contained with dishwasher, microwave, oven and a cook top. Also your own laundry facilities in the apartment, not just a washer, but a dryer and sink also. Great 'chocolate brown' colour scheme throughout as well as marbled bench tops in kitchen and bathroom. I boomed this accommodation as last minute, (two days before I flew direct from them) and got an amazing price. My overall experience was 5/5 and would high recommend thus place to anyone! I will definitely be coming and staying here again my next trip to Sydney! (Which I'm starting to plan already after such a wonderful stay.) And an extra special thanks to Sid at reception for all your help over the phone and on check-in!!! :)

• Stayed: November 2012
Sid S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Ang-e-bags,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback about your recent stay with us at Medina Classic Chippendale.

I am glad you enjoyed all the facilities provided in our apartments and had a comfortable stay. We have recently refurbished all our apartments to give them a modern look. I will be sharing your positive comments with my team. It is always nice to hear back from our guest and understand their needs.

I would like to thank you again for your positive feedback and we hope to see you soon at Medina Classic Chippendale your home away from home.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed here with family for my parents 50th wedding anniverary.
We have stayed here before & found it so central.
The appartments are clean, the beds really comfortable, parking is cheap, staff are friendly & helpful & there are some great little cafes up the road for a leisurely breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank newycouple
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Dear newycouple,

On behalf of the team at Medina Classic Chippendale I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to make this special occasion for you and your family as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Our proximity to shops and cafes has always been a big convenience for our guest and I can see that you have been able to take advantage of our location.

I will be sharing your feedback with my team and its comments like yours that we thrive for and makes us do more for each guest that walks through our hotel doors.

I would like to thank you again for your valuable feedback and the team at Medina Classic Chippendale eagerly waits to welcome you again for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed for two nights in November 2012 and found the place to be very clean with pleasant decor. Easy to catch a taxi with a little Thai restaurant down the road (so cheap) and staff very pleasant. Negatives - a charge to access the internet, remote needed batteries and couldn't understand why the cleaning staff would put the dishwasher on for 4 glasses. Nothing that couldn't be addressed - good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Dear Chrissy4244,

Thank you for staying at Medina Classic Chippendale and providing us with your valuable feedback.

We do appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with us. It is always a pleasure to read our guest comments and see how they have enjoyed their stay with us.

Our proximity to the city has always allowed our guest to enjoy the city attractions yet have a peaceful and relaxing stay away from all the street noise, which I can see was the case for you as well.

I will share your feedback with my team as well to let them know that their enthusiasm and friendliness are being acknowledged by our guests. I have also informed our housekeeping team about the shortfalls in our cleaning procedure which have already been addressed.

On behalf of the team at Medina Classic Chippendale I would like to thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We hope to see you again at Medina Classic Chippendale.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Unfortunately I am writing a negative review. Cockroaches.... On a number of occasions I made complaints during our five day stay and bar being given a can of spray to eliminate the critters myself little was done. We had two small children with us including our eighteen month old toddler. It seems my complaints and request for the manage to come and see us and to sort the issue went unresolved. Poor hygiene, poor service, I would not recommend although paying a lot if money. Shame Medina Classic!

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank Malekiwi
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Malekiwi,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I would like to start by apologising to you on behalf of my team and myself for not being able to resolve the matter straight away. We pride ourselves on the service we provide for our guests and I am disappointed this was not the case during your stay.

The testaments from our guests in the past will show that we have always valued our guests and made sure all their requests are meet with respect, sincerity and urgency.

I can assure you that the issues in your apartment have been dealt with the utmost urgency, since the matter being brought to my attention. We have had the apartment and the area around it examined by professionals.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies and if you would like to discuss this matter any further please contact me personally and I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have.

We hope this information will put your mind at ease and encourage you to confidently book another stay at Medina in the near future.

Medina Classic Chippendale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Surry Hills
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Surry Hills
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills
Central Business District
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale? Share your experiences!