“Good location for those driving or using public transport”

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale
Ranked #60 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Our group of 6 stayed here for a week and found it to be well set up, had everything we needed and given we were primarily using trains to get around the city we loved that it was just 8mins walk to the station that would then get you pretty much anywhere. Also has a couple of great places to eat near by - try the cafe next door for breakfast or lunch and the Rose Hotel for dinner, both are fabulous!

The only caution I'd make is that they'd lost our booking which I only found out when I went to confirm a month out from our stay. All worked out ok in the end but I'd recommend ensuring you confirm a little way out from your stay

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Sharnep,

On behalf of the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, I would like to thank you for taking the time provide us your valuable feedback.

We apologise we couldn't find your booking in the system in the first instance. Please let me assure you that this usually doesn't happen with our bookings unless they are booked under a different name or spelt incorrectly by travel agents. But we are glad that in the end all worked out well for you.

We are also happy to read how our locations was ideal for you to use the public transport and travel stress free around the city and different tourist attractions. For your next stay I would recommend using our rental bikes to explore the local parks and picnic spots around us and near Sydney CBD.

Once again we thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Six girls (ranging in age 13 to 80 yrs) holidaying from New Zealand stayed for one week in January 2014. Near the University of Sydney, handy at Redfern, short walk to rail and we got a week pass for Au$63 which allowed us to train, tram and bus, excellent services and we saved heaps. We had two apartments, had everything, great price versus staying right in the city, really quiet, used the pool most days (small well serviced and clean). Great helpful staff. Excellent restaurants and cafe are handy. We dined Thai, Italian, pizza quiz night at the Rose Hotel (best pizzas out) and short train hop to Darling Harbour for more restaurants plus I think the cafe next to the Adina is called 28 Long Acre Cafe, they have awesome food and drinks, you must check this out scrummy as plus wonderful people to look after you. Be sure to check out Darling Harbour waterfront on Saturday night as they have fireworks. The Duck Inn for food was recommended to us but we never made it. We also felt safe in this area. We would definitely stay again. LynN

Room Tip: Overlooking the internal courtyard/pool area recommendable
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Lynn,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We are glad to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our proximity to the city and public transport. I will be sharing your positive feedback with my team in regards to them being helpful and friendly.

For your next visit i would recommend using our hired bicycles to check out different picnic spots around us and maybe even explore the city.

We hope to welcome you back again at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed for 3 nights recently in an apartment. Very clean, comfy bed, spacious room for 1, and nice balcony. However, not too many options to eat out in this area which was disappointing. Staff were helpful. Thank you

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear Optimistic 12,

On behalf of the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our apartments to be clean and comfortable.

In terms of eating out options for your next stay i would recommend taking a short stroll to Newtown or Glebe. Both these suburbs are close to us and have lots of restaurants, pubs and shopping areas full of life. I am glad our team was able to assist you with all your request and I will be sharing your positive feedback with them.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale in the near future.

Sid Singh | Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed at a ground floor 2 bedroom apartment in August 2013. The apartment was nice and clean. The location was handy to Redfern train station, close to shops and restaurants, and my husbands work. We were there as a family of 4, with 2 small kids. And we were in Sydney for my husbands work for 4 days before a family trip to Melbourne.

The only negative was that on our end day we put our bags in the lobby at check out time, when we came back to get them no staff member was to be found. We had 2 small kids and had to run around the complex calling out. After 30-40 mins we were at the end of our patience and needed to get to the airport and order a taxi. We were about to jump over the counter and get the bags ourselves when finally a staff member came down the lift. I don't know if there was only one person working, but we were a little frustrated.

On the bright side this was human error, and no one was rude and the rest of our stay was brillant. I would recommend the apartments.

Room Tip: Our ground floor 2 bedroom apartment was good. I did not see the other rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear BVanElst,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our apartments to be clean and spacious for your family.

I will be sharing your feedback with the rest of the team to let them know, how you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I apologise for the inconvenience that was caused to you when picking up your bags, we usually only have one person working at front desk and if you are picking up your bags after-hours. We have a phone at front desk which can be used to contact our team in-case they are away from the front desk helping other guests.

I am happy to see in the end everything worked out well and the team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family soon again at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We recently stayed at the Adina Apartments, Chippendale & found it to be very good & well appointed. The staff we very helpful on our arrival. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which overlooked the courtyard & swimming pool. The apartments are situated in a quiet area & we found it an easy walk to Broadway for shopping. You will need to catch a bus to the CBD but if you want to be away from the business of the city I would highly recommend the property.
We will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear Janene A,

On behalf of the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. I am glad to read the team was able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Our location has always been an advantage for our guests who are looking to stay away from the city noise yet be in close proximity to all tourist attractions.

For your next stay I would recommend you to try the trains which are a short walk from the hotel and provide a great alternative to move around in the city without the hassle of getting stuck in traffic.

We look forward to welcoming you back again at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale and thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with my husband and 2 children, a 6 year old and 3 month old baby. I was very impressed with the service of the staff at reception who were quick to assist us with our requests. Housekeeping was great our rooms were very clean. Checking out on time with 2 children under the ages of 6 proved to be a little difficult but the lady at reception I think her name was Tan(apologies if not) was very understanding and allowed us to check out little after 10 which really helped and was much appreciated at the time. Its a 10 minute walk from Redfern train station, under $10 taxi fare from Town Hall and the rooms are spacious and a bargain compared to what you'd pay for in the city cbd. My family and I enjoyed our stay and will definitely recommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2013
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Bokks,

Thanking you for sharing your positive feedback with us. We are pleased to see that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us and were able to take advantage of our proximity to the city as well as public transport. For your next stay I would also suggest places like Newtown and Glebe which are a short stroll from the Hotel and have a variety of Restaurants and bars for lunch or dinner.

We are also glad to read that our team was able to assist you with all your requests. Please be assured that I will be sharing your encouraging comments with the rest of my team including Ting. Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed at the Adina last night as we often do on business trips. We are very happy with the accommodation however this time there was no milk on arrival in the room. When we approached the staff in the late evening to request milk (for a cup of tea), they said there was no milk in the building and they would not get us any. Apparently other guests in the same hotel had the same problem on the same day. We went out in a taxi to get milk ourselves and it took all of 3 minutes. No apology was offered.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear Jane S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Firstly I would like to apologise on behalf of the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale for the inconvenience caused during your last stay. Due to reasons out of our control we were not able to receive our deliveries which caused this issue. I can assure you that this matter has now been resolved.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again at Adina Chippendale and provide you with the same standards of service and comfort that you have been familiar with in the past

Once again please accept our sincere apologies and I hope to see you again soon.