Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale
US$304
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$123
  • Restaurant
Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$137
Travelodge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)
US$114
US$91
  • Free Internet
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
US$230
US$208
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hyde Park Inn(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$141
Orbitz.com
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$86
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$90
US$66
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsredfern stationcafe next doorquiet locationinner cityminute walkwould stay againgood sizewashing machinea great place to stayeasy walkpublic transportdarling harbourseymouruniglebetraincafes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My co-workers and I stayed here for business and we all had issues. All of our rooms were not cleaned well - there were toenails on the ground and each day the towels were not replaced. One day I actually came back to my towel hanging over the door(when I pulled it down it was covered in black dust from the top of the door), the other towel on the ground and the rubbish bin in the middle of the kitchen. The next day - the rubbish bin is again just left in the middle of the kitchen with the cabinets open.
-Windows in all of our bathrooms were rusted open with no net to keep bugs out.
-Not all tvs were working.
-Make sure to check the balcony door every night because twice I found it left unlocked.
-Noisy as you can hear the uni students across the street talking as if they're in your room (this was the same from all floors).
-Water made my hair oily. I stayed in another Sydney hotel just 2 months earlier and didn't have this problem so it's not a Sydney water thing.
-Pillows were awful. Lumpy and obviously in need of major replacing.
-Mattress uncomfortable and again very lumpy and I don't want to know how long it's been since it was bought

I wouldn't stay here again. It was overall just gross.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oxjohnnysangelxo
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. It is always helpful to receive such detailed feedback from our guests and it helps us improve on our overall performance and standard of guest services.

I'm sad to see that we did not meet your expectations in terms of service and room cleanliness. I can assure you that this is not the standard myself and the team aim for, as you can see from other feedbacks left by guests in the past.

Please be assured I will be speaking to all relevant departments in regards to the room cleanliness issues that you have mentioned above. We have never experienced such issues in the past with our team, as they set high standards of service for themselves. We have recently gone through a soft refurbishment at the hotel and as a part of it we replaced all our pillows with feather pillows and most of the mattress were upgraded. In terms of the water supply, we have the same service provider for our water supply as the rest of the Sydney CBD so I am not completely sure how that affected you hair this time around. We will still conduct an audit to ensure all our rooms are meeting guest expectations.

The noise issue that you mentioned is unusual because our guests generally find our hotel to be very quiet and peaceful. I am not sure if you mentioned any of these issues to our team at front desk as we are always happy to offer room moves to our guests depending on our availability.

Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale. If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Excellent accommodation for families. We have three children and the place was plenty big enough to keep all five of us happy. Quick train ride to the city... Clean, tidy, spacious... couldn't fault it! :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Hayley,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. We are glad that you and your family found our apartments to be spacious and comfortable during your stay. We are also happy to read that you were able to make good use of our proximity to the train station and were able to access the city without any issues.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great spot to stay if attending courses at UNSW and close to train station to go to the city also. The address didn't work on GPS and found out when we arrived that need to put in Darlington instead of Chippendale. We did get lost and found this hard!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Margaret,

On behalf of the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our proximity to the University and train station.

In regards to direction to the hotel our street address is still the same in all street directories but some GPS now show our address under Darlington. As both suburbs share the same postcode and our location is right in the middle of the two suburbs. It is hard to tell which GPS uses our location under which suburb. But we are actively looking to find a solution for this issue.

We hope our friendly team and spacious apartments were able to turn your stay into a better experience. The team and I hope to welcome you soon again at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed for 2 weeks in a one bedroom apartment.
Apartment was spacious and self-contained for a comfortable stay.
Short walk to the train station and broadway shopping areas
Few eating-out options in the area but adequate
Excellent service by all staff at Adina.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Chippendale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Koshy

Thank you for your positive feedback in regards to your stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale. The team and I are very excited to read that you found our apartments to be spacious and comfortable during your 2 week stay with us and that our team was able to act courteously and professionally to all your requests.

In regards to the eating options in the area I am not sure if you explored Newtown and Glebe while you were here, both places are a 10 - 15 min walk from the hotel and provide cuisine from all around the world. We also have several restaurants in the area which now deliver to our apartments. For your next stay ask one of our team members at front desk and they should be able to give you directions to all eating options in the area.

We certainly hope that you will come back and stay with us again at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale and we will ensure that we provide you with the same level of service as your previous stay.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The apartment includes everything you need for a self catering stay. Is spacious ,clean and well appointed. Conveniently near trains , five minutes up the road, 2 stops from the city centre. Shops and restaurants all within walking distance as are parks and leisure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We are glad to read that you found our apartments to be spacious & clean and our location suitable to your needs. For your next stay I would recommend hiring bikes from the front desk to explore the parks and cycling trails around the city.

On behalf of the team I would like to thank you once again for your positive feedback. We hope to see you soon again at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale !!