“Sylish well located city hotel”

Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
Ranked #56 of 176 Hotels in Sydney
australia
“Sylish well located city hotel”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife and I visited Sydney to celebrate our 52nd wedding anniversary and to attend the theatre on the harbour. We had booked the Sofitel during a special sale promotion run by the hotel chain. On arrival we were informed that we were being upgraded to a junior suite and in the room was a bucket of ice and bottle of sparkling wine. The room furnishings and bed were excellent with a large bathroom with bath and separate shower. The hotel has city views but on the higher floors the view is more expansive (but who looks at views in a city hotel apart from on arrival. The staff were friendly and efficient and the hotel public areas bright and useful. Good bar area and breakfast room. Overall the hotel deserves its 5 star rating.

Room Tip: the hotel has access to excellent fitness facilities which we did not have time to utilise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Bonjour,

I was absolutely delighted to read your comments regarding your recent stay, particularly those regarding our Garden Court Restaurant. I am also glad that the Hotel’s location was suitable for your visit. At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth we constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and it was most pleasing to read of your satisfaction.

I am glad that you had a wonderful stay here at the hotel most especially to celebrate your 52nd wedding anniversary. May you have many more wonderful years to come and I am glad that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience.

I am grateful for you taking the time to write about your Sofitel experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Recently stayed at this excellent hotel for 2 nights in a club room with club access.
We were accommodated on the top 17th floor. Our room was superb and had everything we could want, the bed we thought was amazing, fine French linen and pillows to die for .
We were that impressed with the bedding my wife is now purchasing the entire set of the bedding linen, duvet and pillows from the So-Sofitel Boutique online store.
Service at this hotel could not be faulted , and we loved the evening turn down service of our room and very nice chocolates left for us along with fresh towels. Newspapers delivered to our room each morning is a nice touch also.
The location of this hotel is great , only a very short walk to most of the city heart attractions. Club facilities and inclusions were outstanding , breakfast , afternoon teas , and pre dinner drinks were very very good .
Thank you to the management, and 6 star professional staff of this wonderful hotel , when we visit sydney again we most certainly will be making the Sofitel Wentworth our choice of accommodation again .

Christopher and Maree Kennedy.

Bonjour Mr & Mrs Kennedy,

It is always a pleasure to read such lovely comments about our Hotel and I am delighted that you enjoy your stays with us. I will ensure that your comments are shared with our entire team and I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.I am especially pleased that you had the opportunity to experience Club Sofitel, a product that we are very proud of.

Canberra
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have stayed frequently at the Sofitel, over a period of several years. Although the hotel has become tired and wanting, the service is impeccable especially at Garden Court Restaurant. On this trip, I was able to check-in early and received an upgrade to the Prestige Suite. For this time, I received my welcome drink voucher and gift, as part of the ACCOR membership - first time I can remember that happening!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bonjour,

As valued members of our loyalty programs, we truly appreciate your custom and feedback. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth on your next visit.

Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I recently stayed at this property for a sales conference. The lobby / reception area was welcoming and efficient. The conference rooms were well laid out and had good facilities. The room was up-to-date and clean.

The location is good, being around a 5-10 minute walk to circular quay / Opera House and the same again to George St.

All in all a very acceptable experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Bonjour,

I was absolutely delighted to read your comments regarding your recent stay. I am also glad that the Hotel’s location was suitable for your visit. At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth we constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and it was most pleasing to read of your satisfaction.

I am grateful for you taking the time to write about your Sofitel experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Regardless of the occasion, we like to stay at the Sydney Sofitel Wentworth whenever we are overnight in the City. This last time we stayed two nights to celebrate my husband's 60th Birthday. We were greeted by sparkling, strawberries and chocolates in our room, plus a free drink at Soiree lounge. Our suite was impeccable, amenities were wonderful and, as with all the beds at this hotel - the mattress and pillows very comfortable. All the staff were very helpful, especially the ones who looked after us at the Garden Court restaurant for breakfast and presented my husband with a special birthday fruit plate.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bonjour,

Our Sofitel ‘My Beds’ are a feature of all Sofitel Hotels and can be customized to suit individual preferences should you find your bed too soft.

Melbourne
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Room was small and a bit noisy - 6th floor. Housekeeping has done a good job keeping it clean and tidy although it was dated. My shower door made an awful noise every time you open and shut it. Like the glass was going to crack. Water pressure is poor during shower. Very centrally located hotel within walking distance to Cicular Quay, Opera House, the Rocks etc. It's a heritage hotel so therefore has no swimming pool (as explained to me by hotel staff). Concierge were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Would not rate it as 5 stars, possibly 4.5.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Bonjour,

Thank you for your recent feedback in regards to your recent stay at the hotel. I was very disappointed to read in regards to your comments about the cleanliness of your room. I have addressed the issues of concern with our Housekeeping Manager and team to ensure that we are providing superior service and attention to detail is very important in our operations. I am very sorry that we have fallen short providng this to you.

Our engineering team is addressing the issues of concern in regards to the shower pressure. Haing a Heritage hotel, this may be the reason why our pressure is not as strong as others but we will do our best to resolve and improve this.

Thank you for your wonderful mention of our Concierge team. I am proud to share that some of our staff in Concierge have been with us for more than 10 years and still enjoy what they do which is great for our services and guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Roxby Downs
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Other than a few issues with our checkin our stay was perfect. The breakfast, well I dont know how to describe this to give it justice, if was perfect in everyway. Loved the variety. The bed was like laying on a cloud. I do miss that bed thats for sure. The cocktails and food were expensive but very nice. 5 min walk from Circular Quay. $17 dollar taxi to Darling Harbour although there are cheaper ways to get around but we coudnt be bothered. Would definatly stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a delux room, It was small but was perfect for us. Not sure what other rooms were on o...
Bonjour,

It was wonderful to read your feedback regarding your Sofitel experience and I thank you for taking the time to write. I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, our product and service.
We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay again at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.