“Pretty Good Hotel”

Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
Ranked #65 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The room of the Superior 2 double bed is not as big as I would prefer. The internal room is not much different to Ibis standard room. The luxury is mainly shows in the common areas such as lobby. However, the room and the bathroom was clean, the bed was comfy and the shower gel plus shampoo smells so great I can't resist to take it home. The service desk attendants and concierges were friendly and nice. Overall, this hotel is overpriced for its room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Bonjour,

I am delighted to you enjoyed your Sofitel experience and thank you for taking the time to write regarding your stay. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Sydney Wentworth

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Terrible service from one of the receptionists when I wanted to check out. Room was good, clean and everything, but bad shower. Not a bad location. Overall very disappointed because of the terrible service and definitely will not go back AGAIN!

• Stayed: March 2014

Bonjour,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay particularly your experience with the Receptionist who assisted you. Could you possibly share your experience in detail to our Director of Guest Relations, Lilian Tolentino so that we can address this to the specific Receptionist as this is not the type of service based on your feedback we want to provide to our guests. Lilian's contact details are h3665-gr@sofitel.com.

I look forward to your reply and I am very sorry once again for your experience. You have my guarantee that this will be addressed and you can have a wonderful stay here at the hotel.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Sofitel for 2 nights whilst visiting Sydney, and found it to be quite good overall, but really suited for business rather than leisure travellers.

We arrived in Sydney on a morning flight, and phoned the hotel at around 10am to ask if we could check in early. We were told the previous guest had checked out, but the room wasn’t ready yet and we might be able to check in if we arrived later that day. We went to the hotel at around 1pm, but the staff wouldn’t allow us to check in until the set 2pm check in time and we were asked to return later.

Fortunately, we were allowed to park our hire car in the car park (at a charge of $50 per 24 hours, with multiple entries and exits) from the time we arrived, even though it was before we’d checked in.

Being a business hotel, there is very little included in the standard rate beyond the room itself – so wifi and even the bottle of water by the bedside were chargeable extras. I suppose people staying on a company account don’t mind having to pay for additions which are free in other hotels.

On a side point, if you’re looking for somewhere to eat nearby the hotel, avoid the tapas place on the corner of Bligh and Bent streets. It looked busy, but the food and service left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CallumLondon

Bonjour,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will certainly take this constructively to better and improve the service we provide.

I apologize that we were unable to check you in earlier than 2pm for your room. We do try our best to accommodate our guests with a request for an early check in especially when arriving from an international flight.

Thank you for your advise and feedback. We hope that we will have a chance to serve you once again at the hotel.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here through a Wotif mystery deal for one night, and I was pleasantly surprised - we were treated no different than if we had paid full price. The staff member who checked us in was absolutely lovely, and she remembered my name which was a nice touch. She had ice sent up when I asked where I could find some. As for the room, it was spacious, decorated nicely and had everything you needed plus more. The bed was literally like a cloud. The location was great - just a quick 10 minute walk to either Circular Quay or Darling Harbour. I would recommend the Sofitel Wentworth. 10/10!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holly J

Bonjour,

It was an absolute pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback. It is also pleasing to read that you enjoyed the Hotel’s location and its proximity to various products and services.

It was most pleasing to read that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience and that you had a comfortable stay. The ‘My Bed’ is a brand standard in all Sofitel Luxury Hotels and we are very happy that you liked it.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The entryway to the hotel is stunning. Flowers in the most spectacular vases are gorgeous. The service is phenomenal, down to a personal welcome note that pops up when one puts the TV on for the first time. Pretty sad that at the cost of accommodations here, the hotel management chooses to limit one to 30 minutes per day of free WiFi in the lobby area - not in the rooms. The room was spotlessly clean. Very tiny bathroom with a shower over a bathtub. I was very happy to see this as I love to soak in a bathtub after a hard day of site-seeing. Our stay included breakfast which was out of this world. Plenty of vegan options, the best fruits and an assortment of cereals. Home made breads to pick and choose from. Lattes, cappuccinos and mimosas were included in our price and hubby surely enjoyed all. Two vegan, gluten-free breads were on the buffet-spread as well. Raw honey, dripping out of a real honeycomb was surely the highlight for me as I only consume raw honey. The only issue we had with this hotel was the bed. We are sure that it is probably top of the line, however sinking into a hollow isn't our idea of getting a good night's sleep. The shape of the hollow didn't even allow one to lie on one's stomach or side. When one pays top dollar for a hotel room, the foremost on my list of requirements is a good bed. One that is good for back, stomach or side sleepers. This bed surely didn't afford us a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 54lynn

Bonjour,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and I thank you for taking the time to write. Our guests’ satisfaction is of great importance to us at the Hotel and it is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our offering to enhance our guests’ overall experience. I am delighted that you were pleased with the Hotel’s location, staff and dining options particularly our breakfast offerings.

Our Sofitel ‘My Beds’ are a feature of all Sofitel Hotels and can be customized to suit individual preferences should you find your bed too soft. On your next visit to Sofitel, please do not hesitate to discuss your requests with one of our friendly Team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth next time you are in Sydney.

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on either side of our cruise for 3 days then 2 days. The hotel staff can't do enough for you and the location is excellent. Our first room was far more superior than our second room and both should have been the same! but both had really comfortable beds. Definitely would rebook here without hesitation ....

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Julmagolf

Bonjour,

I was most pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent Sofitel experience and that you found the Hotel’s service and facilities to your liking. We are very proud of our offering at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back here again.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 6 nights from 1 February. Check in quick and friendly. Room, a weelchair room... although no need, due to this bathroom quite sad.. Room overall ok, but housekeeping starting very early in the room next to mine avery morning, waked up around 7 am to noice and on vacation... Service poor, especially in the bar, slow and and you could be sitting there for 20 minutes to wait for a menu... Sofitel standard?? but the worst, as other guests have pointed out as well is the breakfast, queue:ing for 20 mintutes to get a table and when you get a table you wait approx 30 minutes to get a black coffee - poor service - yes I guess very many guest, but again if you are a Sofitel hotel, then you should not have to wait 20 minutes outside restaurant first thing in the morning. Overall not friendly service. Had dinner at Garden Court restaurant 3 evenings, great food and good service, mainly due to Mrs Flavia and Jakob - you were great. 5-star Sofitel hotel - never, maybe 3 - would not go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank frihet30

Bonjour,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the hotel.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in regards to the room allocated to you as well as your feedback with our housekeeping team. I have addressed the issues of concern with our Housekeeping Manager to be more quieter when on the floors as well as to be respectful of our guests who may still be sleeping. This is not the service we promotoe for our guests.

In regards to your feedback with our Soiree Bar and Garden Court Restaurant, our Food and Beverage Manager who just recently joined our Management team is proritizing on improving this queue for breakfast as well as improving the menu in both outlets. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to experience a more better experience.

Again, I apologise for this lapse in service and hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth for a memorable and enjoyable stay on the near future.