“Impressive”

Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
Ranked #68 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Only stayed for the one night unfortunately but enjoyed the room we had (one of the higher floors in a room overlooking the courtyard), the beds were amazing, the mattresses were so comfortable that for once I could not hear my father snoring. The bathroom was well set out the only downside was the water pressure but I assume that is due to Sydney water restrictions. The concierge Luke (or Lucas?) and Melissa were both very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Bonjour,

It was wonderful to read your feedback regarding your Sofitel experience and I thank you for taking the time to write. I am delighted that you and your dad enjoyed our beds 'My Beds" which is a brand standard in all Sofitel Luxury hotels and we are very happy that you liked it.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to the water pressure. I have shared your feedback with our Chiefe Engineer to resolve the issues of concern.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay again at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Louise D

Reviewed 13 May 2014

i stayed at the sofitel over Easter and that end of town was dead with nothing open, so we had to catch taxi's and buses to get to the action at Darling Harbour. However if you want a location close to Circular Quay it is a good place to stay and catch ferries to Manly, etc. The rooms are a bit dated but you cannot fault the service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark A

Bonjour,

It was an absolute pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback. It is also pleasing to read that you enjoyed the Hotel’s location being close to Circulay Quay.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This 3* with a fake allure cannot compete with any 4* around the world. But sadly the prices can compete with the most luxurious hotels...
In 2014 still 1 day of internet (500mb) costs like a month of phone+web at home: 30$...unbelievable.
In 2014 in a business hotel they still build rooms next to the elevators without any insulation, so when somebody needs to go to the lobby there's an earthquake in your room.
Very clean but not very well maintained with falling of tap, mould somewhere...like many 3 or 4 stars business hotel; but, again, this should be a 5* hotel, right?

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms next to the elevators, if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank fulcrum29

Bonjour,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the hotel.

In regards to the internet charges, we do provide complimentary internet to our Le Club Accorhotels Silver, Gold and Platinum members. It is free to join and you only need 15 nights a year to stay n a Accor hotel to upgrade from a Classic member to a Silver membership. We do provide 30 Minutes complimentary internet in our Lobby as well as in our Business centre.

I certainly value your feedback and we will share your feedback with our team.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back here again at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I really like Accor's brand of hotels, Sofitel, it's my favourite out of all the brands, but there was definitely something missing at Wentworth. The hotel seemed old and tired, the facilities were not up to the normal Sofitel standard and no pool!!! Also, the room I stayed in had the most uncomfortable bed ever, seemed to somehow dip. The staff were great but they always are at Sofitel, that seems to be the one consistency where ever you go. Especially Mark on Concierge, a mindful of useful information,an asset to the hotel team.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank KMCSurrey

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. It is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your stay due to some factors. Unfortunately our hotel was not built with a pool although our team can certainly recommend you to beaches and pools near our hotel.

I am glad though that you enjoyed the service you received from our staff, one in particular is Mark who is our Chief Concierge who has been with us for more than 10 years. Mark is known for his excellence in service as well as having a professional approach to assist our guests here at the hotel. We are very proud to have Mark in our team. I will certainly share your feedback to our team especially to Mark.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Yes I booked a mystery deal however this is still supposed to be a 5 star hotel. My excitement at discovering it was the Sofitel was short lived. The room wasn't made up and I had to ask for towels. My room was tiny, dark and dirty. Perhaps the cleaning staff couldn't see how dirty the walls are as the room is so dingy. There were even large, dark, dirty hand prints on the ceiling above the bed ew! The latch in the cupboard was broken so the light never went off when the door was closed which meant fluorescent light spilling into the room all night ( I had to remove the light tube. I bet they haven't fixed it). This was nothing compared to the noise. The constant low pitched hum that permeated the room almost drove me insane and made sleep impossible for me. If my young son hadn't been asleep (fortunately he can sleep through anything) I would have packed up and left at 2am. As it was, our planned day out following our stay was abandoned as I was far too tired and we went straight home. The receptionist couldn't care less and although I filled in a feedback card, neither could the management. I often stay in the Sydney CBD when I have business functions and I've never had a supposed 5 star hotel this bad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennine P

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I appreciate your honesty. I would be most grateful if you could please contact me on H3665-GM02@sofitel.com to further discuss the issues you encountered regarding service at the Hotel. Our guests’ feedback and satisfaction is of paramount importance at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and I would appreciate an opportunity to take note of this and rectify these issues for our future guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback as it is through our guests’ comments that we are better able to improve our offering.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

rude & racist front desk staff...
i am sure the hotel is making lot of money, but has lost me & my friends forever....
have stayed at sofitel bangkok and that was so amazing...
i will never stay with sofitel ever again...
reception staff need to learn how to be polite..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank illahityso

Bonjour,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the hotel. I would be most grateful if you could please contact me on H3665-GM02@sofitel.com to further discuss the issues you encountered regarding service at the Hotel. Our guests’ feedback and satisfaction is of paramount importance at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and I would appreciate an opportunity to take note of this and rectify these issues for our future guests.